Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 16:07   #16
DRC
BHPian

No Bro, The material cost for this mod does not even cost 5000... May be it costs in hundres at the best.. All I mentioned was the complexity involved. If I can get some one who can help me with handling the existing controls on the AC, I know what exactly that needs to be done on the electronics part.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Agree with you. Its not going to cost much, but deciding a fan speed algo is going to be tough. As for the AC and heater switches, cut the wire, and insert your own switch in between. conductor when activated. that part cannot be too complicated.
If you get the electronics part made, psycho can work with you on switch parts. What say Psycho?
Old 29th September 2006, 17:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Picture this.
Temparature set to 22 degree.
If temp > 22.5 degrees Swtich on AC
If temp < 21.5 degrees Switch on heater.
tsk keeping temprature difference such small will cause your car continiously switch AC ON and OFF. Which will not be good in long term.
Old 30th September 2006, 12:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

it can be made 1 degree. The algo is immaterial. The parts cost a few hundred rupees at the most.
Old 30th September 2006, 17:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well as a bench mark you use swift as a guide which keeps a margin of '+' or '-' 1.5 degrees.
Old 21st September 2007, 15:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Guys what happened to the idea? Did anyone really get around to making one?
Old 1st October 2007, 16:24   #22
BANNED

I think it would require more than 2 sensors to make a working auto climate system .

Best would be a setup with a programmable ic . There are two diferent dimensions to the issue . First would be the relative temp at which the ac switches on and maintians the temp . Another thing would be the speed of the fan .

Using a temp switch we could switch on or switch off the AC . May be we could have 3 temp settings for the AC to switch on . This is easy with a few electronic components put in .

Now ,comes the fan speed . Fan speed has to be determined by the differences in the cabin temp. i.e , The temp difference btwn the front seat or windshield and the rear seat or windshiled . If the diff is too much the fan spins faster and if the diff is low the fan spins slowly .

I did think of trying the thing ,but , I havent had the time as I am currently busy with my engine project .

May be someone else could try .
Old 29th October 2009, 17:38   #23
BHPian

Installing Automatic Climate Control System to Stock Manual AC Car

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if the Automatic Climate Control System is available as a kit in the market and the same could be installed in a car which is having only Manual AC system, as an accessory.

Mods - I searched in various forums to get my answer, however could not get it. All what I got is technical discussion on how ACC or manual AC works. SO created a new thread. If you feel there is similar content somewhere else please move the topic as appropriate.
Old 29th October 2009, 18:03   #24
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Threads merged
Old 29th October 2009, 18:08   #25
BHPian

I don't think thats possible.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:09   #26
DRC
BHPian

Oops I had completely forgotten this thread.

Well I do not want to kills the hopes, it is possible technically, and easy to build the electronics. But integration with the car is difficult.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

if heating and cooling are considered seperately then it is possible to do the cooling part much easier. in older cars like baleno the heating is always there after engine warms up. the flapper has to be moved to let in hot air, in the similar way the cooled air is heated to required temperature. so heating needs a actuator.
it will be a basic temperature control only, no humidity control so cant call it climate control.
I have no idea how is climate control in the last series of baleno,

Last edited by gigy : 29th October 2009 at 19:36.
Old 29th October 2009, 19:35   #28
BHPian

This will need Fuzzy logic, and its easy to implement as against the discussion, the Fuzzy table is already available in the thread, the basic system should be as in the manual mode, which says, hot, warm and cold, super cold, now you need to create a real time map like warm - temp between 25-30 degree while hot 30-35, cold - 20-24, super cold, 15-20 degree, once this is ready you need the closed loop circuit with temp sensor and one end and controller which receive the feedback from sensor and based on the table actuate the AC control, anyone who is studying or have studied Soft Computing [Nueral Network, Fuzzy] would be well versed with what we are talking here, bottomline, its very much doable and the cost would not be too high to build, Problems: it need to work under different constraint under automobile where the Power supply and network/communication requirement will be different than any house hold item.
I have over simplified it, but these type of system are studied as case study in soft computing and many examples are readily available in Text!

-Pramod
Old 29th October 2009, 20:49   #29
BHPian

Just clone an existing system, should be fine.

Any one volunteering for this aftermarket accessory ? We can supply to OEMs also.
Fab shop here in Pune, presently working under capacity, there is your fab shop solution.

Any one game ? TSK let me know
Old 29th October 2009, 22:20   #30
BHPian

Guys...anybody has any idea of a ready-made product available in the market ? It's quite interesting, though, to see people have innovative ideas to realize the product. Wish one day something better could come out.

Most Viewed