Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 13:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

I checked this for Honda Jazz. Sadly it is available only for the AT version, not MT :(
I do not understand why loads of OEM are skipping this feature which would ideally require only like 10 lines of code.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 15:23   #17
SRM
BHPian

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
hi,

my suggestion is to take the plunge, and go for it. its just Rs.1k, well worth it, if it works. Only order if your's is an AT, and you are ok to lose the money if it doesn't work. you could probably sell it to a fellow forum member for their Creta.
Thanks buddy for all the info and suggestion! Was planning to do that initially but mine is not an AT and I checked with the seller as well. He said he's only sure of this working in AT.

So I guess my wait continues
SRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 17:36   #18
BHPian

@naikameya: Its better that it works 100% of times since you will be sure of the car locking beyond a certain speed. If its execution is any percentage lesser, it basically puts you at the same risk without it since you'll be under the impression that there's a speed auto lock & you will tend to hence ignore whether the car is locked or not.
If you are in any case going to monitor it at all times whether its locked or not you might as well do it manually.
This feature is for the car to take care of basic security at all times instead of you applying your mind or attention to it.

Absence of this has always been a glaring miss by Hyundai under the garb of considering this as a high end feature & not a basic security need.

Good find by Insane Devil
But unfortunately not available for a manual variant.
TorkBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 23:00   #19
BHPian

I think it cpuld work on an MT. i mean, the seller had initially asked me to send pic of the buttons/switches on the driver side door. I think he was looking for the "lock/unlock" switch there.
My i20 doesn't have the "lock/unlock" switch on the door switch panel, I have to lock the car or unlock it from the lock lever next to the door opening handle.
Actually, any one with a Hyundai car, which has the lock/unlock switch on the door, are welcome to try my device.
We could try out on a Verna, i10, or the new i20 if that has the lock/unlock button.
Old 6th October 2016, 23:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I checked this for Honda Jazz. Sadly it is available only for the AT version, not MT :(
I do not understand why loads of OEM are skipping this feature which would ideally require only like 10 lines of code.
Hey Ashish, could you please upload the pic of the switches on your driver side door?
Old 7th October 2016, 11:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ashish, could you please upload the pic of the switches on your driver side door?
It's like this:
Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-2015hondajazz14.jpg

Mine doesn't get a separate lock/unlock switch.
The central locking is operated by the drivers side lock button.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 7th October 2016 at 11:03.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 13:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
It's like this:
Attachment 1563802

Mine doesn't get a separate lock/unlock switch.
The central locking is operated by the drivers side lock button.
Same as my i20, so i doubt it will work on this.
Old 7th October 2016, 13:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Same as my i20, so i doubt it will work on this.
Yeah. That, plus the details mention that it relies on the Auto transmission gear mode: D locks and P unlocks.

If the devices locks and unlocks based on this, then I don't think it'd work on manual variants
Old 7th October 2016, 14:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

IIRC even older i20 lacked this feature, but it was easily activated by service center guys with some coding.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ps-tricks.html
abhibh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 15:02   #25
BHPian

Insane Devil -Glad to see that you found some solution for a problem I am still struggling to address.Can you pl tell me which part of Hyderabad you are located,I own Creta petrol MT and would like to get this tested if its fine with you.
amit_mind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 11:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
IIRC even older i20 lacked this feature, but it was easily activated by service center guys with some coding.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ps-tricks.html
I wonder if the Honda service center guys would oblige.
Gotta check it once I'm back to pune.
Old 13th October 2016, 15:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
Insane Devil -Glad to see that you found some solution for a problem I am still struggling to address.Can you pl tell me which part of Hyderabad you are located,I own Creta petrol MT and would like to get this tested if its fine with you.
Were you able to connect and test the device on MT.
A lot of people are eagerly waiting for the results.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 02:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Were you able to connect and test the device on MT.
A lot of people are eagerly waiting for the results.
Not yet, as he doesn't have private messaging enabled, and i can't give out personal contact info anywhere but on private message.
Old 14th October 2016, 12:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet, as he doesn't have private messaging enabled, and i can't give out personal contact info anywhere but on private message.
I think I have private messaging enabled.
Old 14th October 2016, 13:59   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
I think I have private messaging enabled.
No buddy. You are a 'Newbie' now so 'no PM' facility.

You'll need to cross the 25 post barrier to promote to a BHPian status to activate the PM facility.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks