Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 23:43   #61
BHPian

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post

My queries to various users of this device on Creta,
1. How has been the performance since the installation? Has it shown any adverse effects on the other electricals and ECU?
2. Does it affect the warranty in anyway?
3. Does the "unlock on impact" feature provided by Hyundai get affected?

My Hyundai dealer has informed me that they can install a speed lock function (for circa Rs 6500/-). Dont know if they simply install such a OBD device or reprogram the ECU.
Hi PSP,

1. Performance has been excellent so far. No effect yet on ECU and other electricals.
2. Not sure, but i generally remove it before giving it for service.
3. Not sure, but i think that unlock feature should still work, as it does work if u manually locked the door anyway.

Your dealer is providing you the same thing, he needs the extra money to run the showroom! Not an easy affair, after all.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 20:22   #62
BHPian

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

Thank you both Nonstop Driver and Insane Devil! I have ordered the gadget.

BTW, the dealer informed that he too is providing only an OBD device (albeit at a highly inflated price), confirming what Insane Devil has said.
Old 5th February 2018, 09:09   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Its has been 16 months since Insane Devil first posted the message. Since then many have reported successful use of this OBD device for speed lock for Creta. And I am about to order one for me.

And then, I just read another post on "After-market accessories causing electrical problems in my Vitara Brezza", which got me thinking. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ra-brezza.html).

My queries to various users of this device on Creta,
1. How has been the performance since the installation? Has it shown any adverse effects on the other electricals and ECU?

My Hyundai dealer has informed me that they can install a speed lock function (for circa Rs 6500/-). Don't know if they simply install such a OBD device or reprogram the ECU.

Have been using it for a year now & no issues.
A. Performance has been good, no effect on electricals what-so-ever. I had even discussed the same with the Hyundai Service Manager (whom I've built a rapport with), and he mentioned it was not an issue.

A. The warranty should be unaffected, but it is advisable to remove it before handing-over for service. (I had forgotten to do so once, but seemed a non-issue again)

A. The Service Manager believes it would not affect the same similar to the fact that it hasn't affected the "Unlock on switch-off" function either.

As for the "Dealer installed Speed-lock", I suggest you ask them to confirm which one of the two (ECU reprogram or OBD) are they offering.
I would suggest the ECU re-programming; but only if it will be done as a Hyundai Authorized modification. This might ensure the speed-lock works even on un-locking one of the doors mid-way & re-continuing to drive.

On the OBD controlled on though, it won't re-lock the doors; once you un-lock them (say to drop someone) & continue to drive post that without a re-start.
Old 18th April 2018, 22:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
With some reasons the above link is not proper,pl follow this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...615.0.0.BL57Eq
Had ordered this via the link above and on quick installation, it works like a charm
Functions claimed by the seller
1. car speed reach 10km/h, will lock the 4 doors
2. engine off, Unlock

It's just been a day that I've installed this and both these functions are working fine
BTW I've got a manual diesel
Old 7th August 2018, 14:29   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Been using for 10 months now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
Had ordered this via the link above and on quick installation, it works like a charm
I checked with the seller for my e+ petrol and he responded that it will be working only for Left hand drive models and won't work on right hand drive models . Do all got the same device for left hand drive, which is working well on creta right hand drive?

Seller response
Li XiongCai: we 100% sure it fit for creta MT for left hand drive but not sure fit for right hand drive maybe fit if you still want , you can try
sujithsidhardha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 15:09   #66
BHPian

Seller did not mention left hand drive when I purchased it. But it sure works like a charm.
TorkBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 22:03   #67
BHPian

Any update for the elite i20 users on this one? I own an Elite i20 2015 model with all the bells and whistles now you can only find on the asta 'O' variant but, speed sensing auto lock functionality is something that It needs badly.
Old 27th April 2019, 09:14   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Any idea if this is creta specific or can be used on other Hyundai automatics? Would love this on my xcent automatic too!
I really need one for my new Santro AMT. It's being used by wife and hence becomes a more important accessory. Can someone help me, how to get one? I tried ordering this one, but it didn't work in my Santro AMT.

Is there any other OBD device that someone has tried for a AMT transmission. Creta has CVT and probably the CANBUS signals on both the cars are different.

I need a device that will work with the CANBUS signals of a AMT gearbox in a Hyundai. Pls help.
Old 21st May 2019, 18:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Was happy to see this post, and give this a try but couldn't find one for i10 or Grand i10 on aliexpress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big shoutout to RSK for sharing this - thank you!
The listing says that it is for "Hyundai I10 Grand AT/Automatic Gear".

Anybody bought it for Grand i10 Manual?
Old 19th March 2024, 16:29   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
I checked with the seller for my e+ petrol and he responded that it will be working only for Left hand drive models and won't work on right hand drive models . Do all got the same device for left hand drive, which is working well on creta right hand drive?

Seller response
Li XiongCai: we 100% sure it fit for creta MT for left hand drive but not sure fit for right hand drive maybe fit if you still want , you can try
Are the Creta Manual versions still working properly? Found this thread a little too late, albeit still very relevant to me. I have a 2015 Creta SX+ and yet it doesnt have the auto lock feature.

Would installing this work? Also, I was checking out the link shared by @amit_mind

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...615.0.0.BL57Eq

I dont seem to have the option of shipping it to India - What am I missing here? I am sure I must have selected something incorrectly as there have been plenty of purchases by BHPians in India from AliExpress. Kindly help
Old 19th March 2024, 16:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrishdrives View Post
I dont seem to have the option of shipping it to India - What am I missing here? I am sure I must have selected something incorrectly as there have been plenty of purchases by BHPians in India from AliExpress. Kindly help
Aliexpress doesn't ship to an Indian address anymore, you'll have to get it shipped outside of India to a relative or a friend & they can carry it with them while coming to India.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 17:25   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Aliexpress doesn't ship to an Indian address anymore, you'll have to get it shipped outside of India to a relative or a friend & they can carry it with them while coming to India.
Thank you so much for the update NA-Driver

Are there any alternates to AliExpress or is that the only option currently? I had shortlisted quite a few items actually that I had intended to order from them
Old 19th March 2024, 19:03   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrishdrives View Post
Are there any alternates to AliExpress or is that the only option currently?
AFAIK AliExpress is the only option for stuff like these, our fellow BHPians might know some alternatives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks