Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 08:09   #46

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I checked with the dealer at the time of purchase of Creta and they were against both auto lock and auto rollup.
Claimed they had done this earlier but some cases of fuse blowups reported. So they dont do it anymore.

Not.sure why it would say that. There is no power in the device for it surge anything.

I have the manual device works great
anikmankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:28   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikmankar View Post

I have the manual device works great
The fuse part was for the window auto-rollup ( on locking the car ) since it powers the motors.

Which device do you have? The auto-lock or window auto-rollup or both?

Did you get this from aliexpress?

Thanks
m800

Last edited by m8002? : 22nd June 2017 at 10:31.
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
The fuse part was for the window auto-rollup ( on locking the car ) since it powers the motors.

Which device do you have? The auto-lock or window auto-rollup or both?

Did you get this from aliexpress?

Thanks
m800
For auto-rollup, I've noticed that the inbuilt auto-fold works even when the car is entirely switched off. Does this mean the auto-fold function receives battery power 24*7? If yes, auto rollup can be relayed from this without any additional load on the battery.

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 22nd June 2017 at 11:05.
Old 22nd June 2017, 11:02   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
For auto-rollup, I've noticed that the inbuilt auto-fold works even when the car is entirely switched off. Does this mean the auto-fold function also receives battery power 24*7? If yes, auto rollup can be relayed from this without any additional load on the battery.
Mine is E+ model and rollup of windows works only when powered on. That brings up another point - maybe the device works only for higher end models since there would be no 24x7 power to the door electricals.
Old 23rd June 2017, 09:51   #50
BHPian

The Creta will supply 15 secs of battery power after engine shutdown to allow users to rollup windows, shut ORVMs etc..
Old 23rd June 2017, 10:32   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
The Creta will supply 15 secs of battery power after engine shutdown to allow users to rollup windows, shut ORVMs etc..
It also works when you unlock the vehicle after a longer timeout and haven't turned on anything at all.

Besides 15 seconds is all it needs to rollup the windows and shut OVRMs automatically upon locking.
Old 6th August 2017, 13:49   #52
BHPian

I ordered one from AliExpress for Jazz for 17 USD. It locks the door at 10 KMPH but somehow the unlocking of doors after removing the key does not happen at all. I have wrote back to the supplier he has said he will get back to me. Let's see how it goes. But it definitely has solved the auto lock problem for me. I am happy at least for that.
Pretty small and has metal cover on the top part.
Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-img_20170805_1951082.jpg

Also received these funny instructions. I absolutely love reading these Chinese supplier's instructions. Not sure what the 4th one means.
Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-new-doc-20170806_1.jpg

I will update once I hear from the supplier & solve this problem.
Old 6th August 2017, 13:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
I ordered one from AliExpress for Jazz for 17 USD. It locks the door at 10 KMPH but somehow the unlocking of doors after removing the key does not happen at all. I have wrote back to the supplier he has said he will get back to me. Let's see how it goes. But it definitely has solved the auto lock problem for me. I am happy at least for that. .

A fellow Jazz owner here. I have read here before that similar OBD devices for Jazz works only for CVT variant. Is your Jazz a CVT? I would love to have one for my V MT. If it works for MT versions, can you please link the AliExpress seller and page?

Sorry hijacking the Creta thread for a Jazz question.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 6th August 2017 at 14:01.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 15:07   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post

A fellow Jazz owner here. I have read here before that similar OBD devices for Jazz works only for CVT variant. Is your Jazz a CVT? I would love to have one for my V MT. If it works for MT versions, can you please link the AliExpress seller and page?

Sorry hijacking the Creta thread for a Jazz question.
Here is the link http://s.aliexpress.com/ny2MFb6B
Mine is a previous generation Jazz Manual. This supplier has one's that will work for new Jazz as well. Mine currently is not unlocking the doors on engine stop. You might want to hold on till the supplier figures it out.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 12:39   #55
BHPian

I bought this one from Amazon India for my Creta E+ diesel model (MT) and works like charm.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B071LMBSJH/
rreddy18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 14:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Here is the link http://s.aliexpress.com/ny2MFb6B
Mine is a previous generation Jazz Manual. This supplier has one's that will work for new Jazz as well. Mine currently is not unlocking the doors on engine stop. You might want to hold on till the supplier figures it out.
Thanks for the link and sorry for the late reply. I checked with this seller and he said 2015-2017 models don't have this device yet and it appear to be true based on some extensive searching on AliExpress. Thanks for your help again!
Old 30th August 2017, 00:04   #57
BHPian

The supplier confirmed that the auto unlock feature is not working for manual car yet. If I remember correctly I had seen some suppliers selling one for the new Jazz
Old 30th August 2017, 00:51   #58
BHPian

Is there any such product out there for Brio VX AT ? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10th January 2018, 20:52   #59
BHPian

Its has been 16 months since Insane Devil first posted the message. Since then many have reported successful use of this OBD device for speed lock for Creta. And I am about to order one for me.

And then, I just read another post on "After-market accessories causing electrical problems in my Vitara Brezza", which got me thinking. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ra-brezza.html).

My queries to various users of this device on Creta,
1. How has been the performance since the installation? Has it shown any adverse effects on the other electricals and ECU?
2. Does it affect the warranty in anyway?
3. Does the "unlock on impact" feature provided by Hyundai get affected?

My Hyundai dealer has informed me that they can install a speed lock function (for circa Rs 6500/-). Dont know if they simply install such a OBD device or reprogram the ECU.
psp62in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 00:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post

My queries to various users of this device on Creta,
1. How has been the performance since the installation? Has it shown any adverse effects on the other electricals and ECU?
2. Does it affect the warranty in anyway?
3. Does the "unlock on impact" feature provided by Hyundai get affected?

Been using for 10 months now.
1. No niggles, works as intended. This is different than cutting wires. OBDs are meant to communicate with the ECU.
2. Don't think so. You can remove it before taking it to Hyundai service centre.
3. Haven't experienced yet (and don't expect to either).
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks