Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3rd row seat trimmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Thanks Mooza.
Can you please let me know the address of this chap in Frazzer town? Please PM me if you can or post it here.

I have a Scorpio Turbo (2004). When we bought it as new, we opted for the art leather seats. Now, the seats seems hard as its been almost 8 years. I am looking to add some cushioning to make it more fluffier. Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance.
Adding foam wouldn't be of much help here. Considering the fact that the mold is pretty old it would have gotten hardened and pressed fully by now. I think it's best you check what options you have in getting a new fabric mold itself.

If the mold isn't available then you can go the foam way. An extra layer of foam alone wont provide much of a comfort.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 15:20   #17

re: Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock?

Thanks rjstyles.
Has anyone else gone in for a new mold for the seats? Any idea of the approximate price for the same?

Thanks.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
Thanks Mooza.
Can you please let me know the address of this chap in Frazzer town? Please PM me if you can or post it here.

I have a Scorpio Turbo (2004). When we bought it as new, we opted for the art leather seats. Now, the seats seems hard as its been almost 8 years. I am looking to add some cushioning to make it more fluffier. Is that possible?

Hi Snaps, the chap in Frazer town is basically adept at changing seating configurations, I am not sure if he can soften the seats. As Rjstyles says, the seats of your Scorpio have hardened over time, so you could try replacing the entire mold itself at a Mahindra ASC.

Believe me, the seats of my Xylo are really soft and comfortable. I assume the seats of the new gen Scorpio would be as supple, so you could try out the same by getting into a new gen Scorp at a Mahindra showroom, and go in for a replacement of the seat, with the captain seat for the driver to begin with.

When you mentioned "Art leather seats" in your post, the "Art leather" part basically refers to the seat cover only. The seat base / mold is the same whether it is an art leather seat, pure leather seat, or fabric seat. I feel it is the seat base / mold condition which really determines the comfort levels. Of course, a very marginal increase in comfort can be expected with some additional foam below the seat cover, but this may not help much, IMO.

Hope this helps

Last edited by mooza : 24th August 2012 at 19:47.
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 15:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi Snaps, the chap in Frazer town is basically adept at changing seating configurations, I am not sure if he can soften the seats. As Rjstyles says, the seats of your Scorpio have hardened over time, so you could try replacing the entire mold itself at a Mahindra ASC.
Hi Mooza,

Could you let me know if this guy in Frazer town buys back the OEM Scorpio seats.
I am planning to get a Scorpio LX 4wd, dealer says it is not available in 8 seater configuration. So i am looking at option replacing the last row with front facing seats and making the middle row a 60:40 split.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post

Believe me, the seats of my Xylo are really soft and comfortable. I assume the seats of the new gen Scorpio would be as supple, so you could try out the same by getting into a new gen Scorp at a Mahindra showroom, and go in for a replacement of the seat, with the captain seat for the driver to begin with.

When you mentioned "Art leather seats" in your post, the "Art leather" part basically refers to the seat cover only. The seat base / mold is the same whether it is an art leather seat, pure leather seat, or fabric seat. I feel it is the seat base / mold condition which really determines the comfort levels. Of course, a very marginal increase in comfort can be expected with some additional foam below the seat cover, but this may not help much, IMO.

Hope this helps
Thanks again. I will look at replacing the seats completely. Any idea how much does complete seat replacements cost me? Is there anyone who buys back the old seats? Please let me know.

I had heard something like re-cushioning. Where they will remove the seat covers add some extra cushions and stich the seat covers tight again. Will this help or not?

Please help.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hi GypsyFreak, I have messaged you the Frazer town guy's number.

@Snaps, I am unable to send you the number, as your TBHP account does not offer this facility yet. If you could post your mail ID, I could message it to you.
The complete seat assembly is likely to be quite pricey, maybe 15 to 20 k for a bucket seat, including the steel framework, however you need only the seat foam / mold alone, which should not cost much. You could check up with Mr. Sadanand or Mr. Suresh, SAs of Sireesh Auto, Marathalli for a quick estimate.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:51   #22
KMT
BHPian

Hi
I have done just this, I stripped all seats and rebuilt them from a mixture of firm and soft foam and had lumbar, underthigh and side support built based on my height 6ft+.
In addition I have moved the front seat back by about 2 inches as the new lumbar support meant that I was sitting marginally more forward in the seat.
I just unbolted the front seat and had two "L" shaped brackets fashioned out of a 1 inch by 1/10th of an inch steel plate. I then had them electric welded on to the existing frame. Then I had holes drilled in the new L shaped bits based on the four mounting points of the front seats and I had about 2 inches of more legroom (albiet at the expense of the rear passenger).
You need a reasonable upholsterer and a metal working garage and about 2 hours to sort out the slider, reupholstery could take a few more days.

I have a 2008 LX Scorpio purchased from a fellow TBHP member.

Last edited by KMT : 27th August 2012 at 18:53. Reason: typo
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:11   #23

Nissan Evalia Mods

I recently got an Evalia. I wanted to know if there is any shop in Bangalore who can do modifications to the middle seat. Right now the seat does not recline to the back, which is a major discomfort during long distance travel. I wanted to have a reclining seat, if possible with arm rests as well.

Regards,
Raj
Old 22nd May 2013, 13:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Evalia Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj127 View Post
I recently got an Evalia. I wanted to know if there is any shop in Bangalore who can do modifications to the middle seat. Right now the seat does not recline to the back, which is a major discomfort during long distance travel. I wanted to have a reclining seat, if possible with arm rests as well.

Regards,
Raj
Raj unlikely that you can do this mod to the stock seats. Your only option would be to get recliner seats from a different MUV/SUV and accommodate the same into the Evalia.
You need to find a competent place first and then discuss the possibility of installing new seats. For starters head to JC road , I am sure you should have some luck.
Old 28th August 2013, 17:22   #25

I am newbie and must have used this site many times for looking at issues for my Scorpio ( 2004 ) and few months ago when I decided to buy i20.

The Car seat recliner part has got issues, it does not lock and hence the back rest falls down. I went to ASC in Bangalore they mentioned that it needs to be seen if they can procure the part. Does anybody know where we can fix this...

Thanks for all the help.
Old 1st September 2013, 21:38   #26
BHPian

Re: Nissan Evalia Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj127 View Post
I recently got an Evalia. I wanted to know if there is any shop in Bangalore who can do modifications to the middle seat.

Regards,
Raj
I have heard there is a fabrication unit after RV engineering collage, Mysore road, who does frames for bus seats & also takes up small modification job. Check it out.
narendra.vw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 22:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayks View Post
I am newbie and must have used this site many times for looking at issues for my Scorpio ( 2004 ) and few months ago when I decided to buy i20.

The Car seat recliner part has got issues, it does not lock and hence the back rest falls down. I went to ASC in Bangalore they mentioned that it needs to be seen if they can procure the part. Does anybody know where we can fix this...

Thanks for all the help.
Since the car is under warranty ask the service guys to replace it!!
Old 21st January 2014, 13:41   #28
BHPian

I own a Scorpio LX 2010 model and the seats that came as OEM specifications have been hard now and it doesnt give you a good feeling when you drive. I know swapping of seats is an expensive proposition. So I am thinking somwhere along these lines. Can the experts throw light on what is possible
1. Would the XUV 500 or Endeavor seats fit in. They look good, they are comfy and looks rich too
2. Middle row - Bucket seats would be good. Like the ones in Innova
3. Back row is currently having 2 bench seats facing each other. Maybe the child seat option available in Innova / Endeavor would be a good addition

From a technical standpoint, would it create any safety hazard by doing one of the proposed installations?

Thoughts / feedbacks welcome.

If any of the T-BHPians have already done it, request you to please post photographs for easier understanding

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 21st January 2014 at 14:02. Reason: Removed formatting tags.
Old 13th January 2018, 03:02   #29
BHPian

Seat pushback adjustment for tall people

Hi BHPians,

One of my friend owns a Suzuki S-Cross and my height for reference is 6.2. He's finding difficulty driving the car even after pushing the seat completely back. His legs are long and hits the steering wheel due to which facing issues driving the car most of the times.

I would like to know is there any after market RIM, he can install which pushes the seat further backwards than the current stock one. Please share the name of the place in and around Bangalore who can help.

Thanks in advance
udayjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 14:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat pushback adjustment for tall people

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Hi BHPians,

One of my friend owns a Suzuki S-Cross and my height for reference is 6.2. He's finding difficulty driving the car even after pushing the seat completely back. His legs are long and hits the steering wheel due to which facing issues driving the car most of the times.

I would like to know is there any after market RIM, he can install which pushes the seat further backwards than the current stock one. Please share the name of the place in and around Bangalore who can help.

Thanks in advance
Didn't your friend TD the car before? I am 5'10" with longer than average legs and the seat travel is something I check in any car. One of the main reasons I got the Verna instead of Vento/Rapid was the couple of more inches of seat travel.

I don't know what is aftermarket RIM you are talking about. But any competent body shop should be able to remove the existing seats and weld back the seat rails further back to allow more leg room. But how it works with the exising seat belt position etc is something you need to figure out.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed