Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2006, 13:00   #1

Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?

I'm extremely sorry to have started this thread coz I have seen similar discussion part of some threads. But, by going thru those threads I couldn't arrive at a proper conclusion regarding the best/reliable remote loacking system available. That could be coz those discussions were not exclusively on this topic. Hence this thread.

I have seen discussions in which people talk good/bad about both the products. So, I would like to hear from the horse's mouth - from people who have used these products. Please share your experiences.

I have got the price details of Xenos products.. but I'm not sure about the reliability.

Xenos

FW 200 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm - Rs: 3900
FW 250 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm and Immobilizer : Rs: 4500
FW 350 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm and Immobilizer and External Sensors
Rs: 5100
Gear lock : Rs 2100

Reversing Aid: Rs 3200 (LED), Rs: 3500 (LCD)

NOTE : I'm planning to install gear lock and reversing aid too.

Autocop

High end model of Autocop is around Rs 5.900, I guess.

Rather than the price comparision, I would like to know about the advantages/disadvantages of using these remote locking products. Please please advice. I have already purchased the car (Swift vxi) and parking it unattended

Best Regards,
Melody
Old 30th October 2006, 21:48   #2
BANNED

i have both and i have no issues with both. i think xenos has lifetime warranty and have used it price is ditto same might as well go for it. autocop nice as well. anyone have idea how much new autocop remote comes for. i lost one and seconds is stuck with tape.
Old 30th October 2006, 21:50   #3
BANNED

u are getting lcd reversing for 3500 ? ? ? which company. im plannin to put normal one from xenos for 3300 no lcd at all. let me know asap. thanks
Old 30th October 2006, 22:02   #4
BHPian

I have used Autocop and my friend have a Xenon remote lock.One time when we were on a trip to a falls accidently we droped our keys (with remote) in water.Autocop started working as usual after some dry process (blow air and some sunlight) .But his key couldn't perform as usual and we end up in deactivating the remote lock and used the physical key as in old way.but again that's my 2 cents.
I heard both are good and Autocop have some slight advantage in my guess!
Old 30th October 2006, 22:12   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

its better to get xenos since it has a lifetime warranty....had autocop in my zen previously but my stereo etc got stolen.apparently the thiefs bypassed it somehow.changed to xenos the next day and as been 2yrs since then and no problem till now.
Old 31st October 2006, 08:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thil
I have used Autocop and my friend have a Xenon remote lock.One time when we were on a trip to a falls accidently we droped our keys (with remote) in water.Autocop started working as usual after some dry process (blow air and some sunlight) .But his key couldn't perform as usual and we end up in deactivating the remote lock and used the physical key as in old way.but again that's my 2 cents.
I heard both are good and Autocop have some slight advantage in my guess!
Same thing happened with my Xenos. I accidentally dived in the waters in Mangalore, forgot that had the keys in my shorts pocket. When i tried to operate it won't.
Old 31st October 2006, 10:25   #7
GTS
BHPian

My honest opinion is: All kinds of remote lock/security systems like Xenos, Autocop, Mindahuf are just about the same.

Use something that you like and is reasonable in cost. The higher end models with all the bells and whistles are actually a pain in the rear. Going off at the wrong time and stuff like that.

I use Mindahuf, the LX version and found it to be of just one use: Keyless entry!

Regards
GTS
Old 31st October 2006, 11:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hi Melody,

You can go with either of them. I have autocop in my cars and my friend uses xenos. Both have their good and bad points.
Even the nippon unit by maruti is good.
I found the autocop to be easier to use like enabling silent lock and unlock.
I dont know about xenos support but forund autocop's to be very good. Any problem and they were here in a jiffy.
After 6 years i got one remote replaced since it broke and cost me 350bucks.

One more thing is your car parked outside on the road. If it is then you can consider the impact sensors and immobiliser else the remote will suffice.

The autocop will cost you Rs.4500 for the one without impact sensors but you cant get a 10% discount from the dealer.
Old 31st October 2006, 11:23   #9

Thank you so much guys. Can anyone please give me the contact number of the autocop dealer in Blore? @vid6639, I hope you are from Blore.
Thanks,
Melody!
Old 31st October 2006, 11:49   #10
BHPian

in my opinion,you can go for either-doesnt make any difference.personally i dont like spending too much on car security systems.go for a basic one which has a warranty and whatever you buy will not make a difference.
i have used autocop and silicon-i didnt feel any difference.except that i spent more for the silicon
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:00   #11
BHPian

Central locking system - nippon/autocop scorpio ?

I have booked a new alto lxi and looking for a Central locking system. The dealer is charging 5.5K for the OE Nippon kit. I don't want impact sensors and reverse horn. The Nippon model available outside in retail is Nippon 5555. Not sure what is the model (5555/6666/7777) that the dealer is offering. I heard 5555 doesn't have auto-lock/unlock on ignition on/off respectively.

Now, I am looking for a system that does auto lock on ignition and driver side control for locking/unlocking all four doors. For this requirement, I heard that autocop scorpio fits well. Any recommendations ?

I have autocop cobra (OE) on my Accent and didnt have any issues for the first 3 yrs. Hence inclined towards it.
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:34   #12
BHPian

AutoCop service in bangalore is top noch. If you report the problem early in the morning (9AM or so), they come and fix the issue on the same day, else the next day. Part replacement under warrenty is also hazzle free.

But I must add, in the past 1 year, I had my rides actuator (the spring / mechanism that triggers the lock) repalced twice, two different doors though.

Looking at their service, my vote goes for AutoCop.

Edit: Regd dealer, I got it done at my cars dealer joint, he had charged Rs 200/- more than the JC Road Accessory shop.

You can try calling any of these numbers, I guess they are the distributors, but they should be able to direct you. 080-26575212, 080-2652195

Else you could try calling the technician directly, he might offer you some discount, call Muhammad 9740025516, he was the one who had come over to fix my ride's lock.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 22nd June 2009 at 18:40.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a new Alto LXi and deliery will be in the next few days. My question: Since Maruti provides the icats engine immobiliser, is a remote lock really required? Will it be really useful or a mere convenience?
Old 22nd June 2009, 22:03   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I have booked a new Alto LXi and deliery will be in the next few days. My question: Since Maruti provides the icats engine immobiliser, is a remote lock really required? Will it be really useful or a mere convenience?
ICATS only prevents the engine from starting. People will still be able to break in to your car. That's why you need a not just a remote lock but remote locking with an alarm. A lot the the remote locks these days are just that. The don't sound an alarm when someone opens the car.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:14   #15
BHPian

My OHC already has a central locking setup and was planning to install a Security system on it. I've sourced this brand from an online store for INR 2000. Make unknown.
I dont know much of it so advise me if its worth the price. Below are its features as mentioned. Also pic attached.
Features:
Two 4-button remote transmitters, Car finder, Programmable last door, arming with door lock, Anti-scan, Dome light delay detection, Remote chirp defeat, Remote panic/anti car jacking, Security Rearm, Ignition door lock/Unlock, Smarp Chirp(tamper memory), Zone by-pass, Smart LED, Code learning function, Computerized memory code function, computerized arming condition memory, shock sensor by-pass, remote trunk open or remote engine start, keyless entry mode, Dome light suspension output
override switch
Attached Thumbnails
Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?-top-gunn.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks