Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 12:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Just wanted to know for what purpose these sensors are needed?
They let the control unit know whether the doors / boot / bonnet are closed properly or not.

On second thoughts, I realise that the package is missing a horn too. So, door lock/unlock (audible) notification might not be supported here. It might also not be possible for the car to autolock after turning on the ignition.

This appears to be a very basic unit that will just enable you to lock/unlock your car using the remotes instead of the key and not a car security system which is what should purchase.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 17:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
It will work on your Wagon R Lxi. The manual central locking system has an inbuilt actuator. The installer will just have to connect the control unit of the remote to the already existing system and you are good to go.
I've one more question if it doesn't bother you.
After installation of remote keyless entry system, can we use the Manual key system to open the doors?

Thanks.
Old 17th April 2017, 18:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I've one more question if it doesn't bother you.
After installation of remote keyless entry system, can we use the Manual key system to open the doors?
Yes. You can lock/unlock the doors using the key just as you are doing now.

A minor rider though - if you lock the door using the remote, unlock it the same way. Using the key to unlock the doors will trigger the alarm (if equipped) and cause a minor commotion .
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:52   #64
BHPian

I installed Autocop remote central lock system in my 2012 Honda City iVtec. It works like a charm. No issues till now. However, the Autocop technician warned me that the door lever wire snaps easily after repeated use. He added that this issue is only with Honda City 3rd gen models (2008-2012). The replacement costs of the door lever wire assembly is somewhere around Rs.5000/- (not confirmed though). I took a chance, as I have come across many City owners who use the same without any issue. Fingers crossed.
Old 17th October 2023, 14:43   #65
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am reviving this long dormat thread because i am planning to buy an Ignis sigma base model that does not come with a Remote central locking system.

Kindly suggest me a reliable brand to install with or without flip key. My requirements are that its reliable and the key and remote should in the same unit rather than being seperate.

Most Viewed