Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2018, 23:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto

Looks like the hunger for more power is still on with you bud way to go!
Old 21st January 2018, 14:29   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Looks like the hunger for more power is still on with you bud way to go!
Haha!! A friend got his S-Cross 1.6 remapped by Wolf Moto next day at Kochi. I was also there and asked Rajiv to give me one more map .

I got another map flashed and drove around 450 KM. It felt like more refined version of my previous tune. There is literally no lag when I shift gears. It is so much fun now. It took me some time to get used to throttle adjustment. If I floor the pedal in 1st and 2nd gear.. There is lot of torque steer and even wheel spin at times. I have tried so many maps from Rajiv now and he named the present tuned file as "Dr. Naren : Last & Final" .
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180121_140557.jpg
It was really a very good learning experience with remapping my S-Cross 1.6. Engine, Turbo, gearbox, clutch are all running fine like day 1. I was expecting the clutch to give up soon, considering the number of 0-100 launches I have done haha. Next update would be bigger turbo and Wolf stage 2 map. It will take some time and lot of testing to tailor a good stage 2 map. Once it's done, the car should be doing 190-200 HP at crank.
Dr.Naren is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 14:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Haha!! A friend got his S-Cross 1.6 remapped by Wolf Moto next day at Kochi. I was also there and asked Rajiv to give me one more map .
I must say the cars look good mate - Scross did get mixed opinions amongst the enthusiasts. But in few angles the car just beats any other crossovers with its massive face and the way it puts up a show in the pics.

Besides, didn’t Rajiv ask you when you’re starting your return journey?

Quote:
Once it's done, the car should be doing 190-200 HP at crank.
All the best man! You’re setting new benchmarks for the big hippo
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 14:47   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I must say the cars look good mate - Scross did get mixed opinions amongst the enthusiasts. But in few angles the car just beats any other crossovers with its massive face and the way it puts up a show in the pics.
I love the rear and side profile. Planning to put Europe grill and smoke the headlights .

Quote:
Besides, didn’t Rajiv ask you when you’re starting your return journey?

Quote:
All the best man! You’re setting new benchmarks for the big hippo
There are many occasions where I thought that I should have bought VAG car. Very easy to mod. S-Cross 1.6 is unknown territory.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 21:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are many occasions where I thought that I should have bought VAG car. Very easy to mod. S-Cross 1.6 is unknown territory.
That’s the catch. If capturing a territory was easy, everyone in the field would’ve been a king and there wouldn’t be any zeal! But capturing the unknown territory and ruling it, the satisfaction and accomplishment is something that cannot be explained and I believe you’re already experiencing it because of making benchmarks for yourself in tuning the car
gururajrv is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 21:38   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That’s the catch. If capturing a territory was easy, everyone in the field would’ve been a king and there wouldn’t be any zeal! But capturing the unknown territory and ruling it, the satisfaction and accomplishment is something that cannot be explained and I believe you’re already experiencing it because of making benchmarks for yourself in tuning the car
Haha, True!!

But I have spent lot of time trying many maps and stuff. If it was VAG car, everything is easy . The new map which I am running is just awesome. Few of my friends also got the update and they are also very happy.
Old 24th January 2018, 22:53   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : Drove 750 KM with new map

Impressions :

1. Low end : Very punchy. Nobody would say it is 1.6 DDIS. Gone are the turbo lag and poor low end days .

2. Mid range : Brilliant. 1500 to 3500 RPM is the strong zone. Pulls like a train.

3. Top end : The car revvs much better when compared to previous tunes.

4. Fuel Efficiency : There is good improvement in City driving. But on highways, expect 2-3 kmpl drop if you are aggressive with A pedal.

What is not good?

Smoke : The car is smoking under wide open throttle. I can see that the smoke levels are up. But there is no smoke at part throttle.

I am fully satisfied now. The car is smoking and may be that's the limit. I can't push more with stock turbo. Time to give some rest to Rajiv and Wolf team. I won't be trying any more maps until I get bigger turbo (need to arrange funds haha).

Next update would be after really long time!!!!!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 03:12   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

I was not expecting to update this thread anytime soon. But, this is important. Let's talk about late night fun with Wolf tuned Abarth Punto (belongs to a BHPian) and 350 HP Laura 1.8 TSI (E tuners Motorsports).

I am happy to report that my S-Cross 1.6 was very close to remapped Abarth. In gear acceleration timing in 3rd gear was similar. Abarth does little more drama while the power delivery in S-Cross is very linear (except 2nd gear).

Big thanks to Yajur from E tuners motorsports for helping me out with 0-100 runs. He provided me G Tech to do the timings. We both were shocked by seeing the results. S-Cross performed much better than our expectations. This is incredible. All thanks to new map from Wolf.

Look at the timing, and I could repeat it. This was with 2 guys in car.
Attachment 1722031
This is very close to Stage 2 1.6 TDI. I am flabbergasted .

Stock car did 11.3 seconds and how did I get 3.4 seconds gain? This looks impossible. But it is possible. I always wondered why stock S-Cross 1.6 is slow in 0-100. 11.3 is pretty slow for a car with 320 NM. We know what is the catch and I believe in sharing information. After lot of research and analysis, Rajiv found out that S-Cross 1.6 has torque limiters in 1st and 2nd gear. It is just 200 NM. After removing the limiters, car felt much much faster to 100. Now it has been documented with a GPS timing device. I was expecting to do this with bigger turbo, but this dream has come true with just remap and downpipe.

A pic with India's fastest Laura 1.8 TSI (0-100 : 4.6 seconds )
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180130_020835.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 30th January 2018 at 06:59. Reason: Smiley usage
Dr.Naren is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 10:13   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Removing / Lifting gear based torque limiters : Is it Safe?

I am sure that Suzuki has limited torque in lower gears for some good reason. But in this case, I find that Suzuki was little over concerned. Fiat uses same engine and gearbox in many cars. Fiat has not limited torque to such low levels like Suzuki. I used to say that 3rd gear feels the most powerful. Now I say that 2nd gear has become Mental. I have decided not to revv more in 2 nd gear. I have run more than 1200 KM in this tune and everything looks fine, too early to comment though. I will update if I encounter any issues. The car is just perfect now, I can't ask for more .

My S-Cross remap journey in brief :

0-100 :
Stock : 11.26
TOT Remap : 9.73
Wolf Remap with decat downpipe : 8.5
New Wolf map : 7.9

All timings done by me.

If I gain at least 1 second with bigger turbo, I would be breaking 7s barrier in Humble S-Cross. Seriously in a cross over?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th January 2018 at 10:31.
Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 22:15   #115
BHPian

Got the new tune. There's only one word for it, MADNESS!

Below are the observations, based on the previous map I had :

Low End : Very good improvement. The car pulls effortlessly and responds to the slightest tap on the a-pedal. It is much stronger than before. Goodbye turbo-lag. Speed is easily gained in higher gears.

Mid Range : This is where the car shines. The car just shoots forward, when in this region. The first 2 gears are insane! One literally has to hold steering tight, if the person decides to smash the a-pedal in the first 2 gears. In my first update on this thread, I had advised the couples not to hold hands, while driving a tuned 1.6. Well now, don't even hold the gear knob. Both hands on the steering

Top End : There's punch till 4500 RPM. I haven't revved beyond that.

Other Points
:

-
EGR is off.

- The smoke level in this map is slightly higher than what was present with previous map. But, not thick dark smoke though. Just a puff, and then nothing.

- Smoke was observed only in the first two gears and only with a WOT. If driven with a light foot, nothing.

- FE hasn't dropped. I got 12.9 kmpl (tank to tank method) on the way to Bangalore from Kochi, which is really good judging by the speeds I was traveling in. Also, the traffic in Kochi and Bangalore was bad.

Overall, extremely happy with the new update

Last edited by grease.monkey : 6th February 2018 at 22:45.
grease.monkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 23:29   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
Got the new tune. There's only one word for it, [b][i]MADNESS!
Updated map from Wolf, decat downpipe and intake mod : Perfect

I find that stock brakes are below average now. Getting some good stuff tomorrow, hope it works out.
Old 7th February 2018, 01:16   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I find that stock brakes are below average now. Getting some good stuff tomorrow, hope it works out.
+1. Brake upgrade is next on my list. Do let me know how the stuff is
Old 7th February 2018, 21:39   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
+1. Brake upgrade is next on my list. Do let me know how the stuff is
Got the stuff. It doesn't fit . Need to wait few more days for the right part.

I am just loving the new map by Wolf Moto. I have observed that car has become more sensitive to IAT now. It's a different animal at night. Throttle response and turbo kick is just insane at night. It's too difficult to control the car in lower gears. God bless my tyres and brake pads
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:16   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the stuff. It doesn't fit . Need to wait few more days for the right part. God bless my tyres and brake pads
Which manufacturer and catalogue # brake parts did you select? Brembo? Please, please please, get good quality caliper grease for them. No kidding, but Permatex comes to mind or CRC. Also, get your car's brake system flushed and refilled with fresh brake fluid, preferably with another performance product. Don't start the install without these parts in hand.

Last edited by R2D2 : 7th February 2018 at 22:17.
Old 7th February 2018, 22:35   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Which manufacturer and catalogue # brake parts did you select? Brembo? Please, please please, get good quality caliper grease for them. No kidding, but Permatex comes to mind or CRC. Also, get your car's brake system flushed and refilled with fresh brake fluid, preferably with another performance product. Don't start the install without these parts in hand.
Hahaha!! I will post in detail in my ownership review thread. But, I won't disappoint you .

I had got EBC Green Stuff. But it did not fit, have found out the right part and ordered it. EBC was kind enough to provide caliper pin grease
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180207_223356.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180207_223335.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks