Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2006, 01:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

You're right, Arush. No point going with the older stuff. K20Z3, 198 bhp ought to do the trick. I hear slight work here and there and it's closer to 240.

Now it's upto Rakesh to choose...
Old 28th November 2006, 01:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'd say buy M800, swap the new Suzuki M16A, Twin-Cam, VVT, 11.0:1 CR motor with shot-peened forged pistons, with oil coolers, 125 hp.........

Oh shoot! Wrong thread!
Old 28th November 2006, 02:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

well guys, at the auto show the kit for a civic is almost 8 lakhs and includes only a body kit besides a free flow exhaust and rims......Too goodamn over priced for anything....
Old 28th November 2006, 02:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Arre, someone shoot this fellow, or he will put M16A oil-cooled shot-peened forged pistons in all of us!!!
Old 28th November 2006, 08:25   #20
BHPian

A Bit Offtopic

Shotpeening is usually associated with connecting rods where one doesnt needs forged con rods cause the application doesnt demand but need to beef up strenght of stock one.
Old 28th November 2006, 12:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Gears and driveshafts are also shot peened. It seems even in pistons, shot peening, a cold working process, induces compressive stresses which increases resistance to fatigue failures. Also the indentations caused during process aid lubrication.
Old 28th November 2006, 20:13   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Gears and driveshafts are also shot peened. It seems even in pistons, shot peening, a cold working process, induces compressive stresses which increases resistance to fatigue failures. Also the indentations caused during process aid lubrication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
A Bit Offtopic

Shotpeening is usually associated with connecting rods where one doesnt needs forged con rods cause the application doesnt demand but need to beef up strenght of stock one.
rakeshxp has left the building!!

manson.
Old 28th November 2006, 20:28   #23
BANNED

Hey Rakesh, great choice of car.

Since the Dominator might not be possible, why don't you list out your priorities (performance/cosmetic/ICE etc) and how much you want to spend on each.

I think it will be easier for everyone to help you out then.
Old 28th November 2006, 21:11   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Hey Rakesh, great choice of car.

Since the Dominator might not be possible, why don't you list out your priorities (performance/cosmetic/ICE etc) and how much you want to spend on each.

I think it will be easier for everyone to help you out then.
Thanks Shiva.

My highest priority is performance. My bar ( which might be low ) is Skoda RS. I was thrilled when I was reving it up ( the turbo charger was awesome ).

2nd in the list is cosmetic ( Dominator looks, if not its performance ).
-> 18'' inch low profile tyres
-> Bright Red body
-> Spolier, Front low bumper, side skirts etc

Hope that helps ? It would be great if I can get an approx cost of each
Old 28th November 2006, 21:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Look, any performance mod is going to void your warranty. If you are alright with that, yes, within your 2.5 lakh budget, your car can be turbocharged, and done to give you a good kick up in the horsepower charts.
Old 28th November 2006, 21:49   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Look, any performance mod is going to void your warranty.
how reliable are the performance mods ? ( Sry for my ignorance as I am new to this )

Quote:
If you are alright with that, yes, within your 2.5 lakh budget, your car can be turbocharged, and done to give you a good kick up in the horsepower charts.
So are you saying that with 2.5 lakhs, I can get only performance mods ?
If so, could you also tell me the mods that would be added ? ( Like would the engine be replaced, new bhp etc )
Old 28th November 2006, 22:14   #27
BHPian

Instead of Turbo Will suggest for good set of intake pipes with velocity stack & filter for Civic bundled with good set of headers instead of turbo they will give approx 25-30 BHP gains at the wheels.

Turboing will be a very complicated isssue for this generation civic unless ECU is tuned wait for some time till Hondata comes out with KPro for this engine.
Old 28th November 2006, 22:45   #28
Team-BHP Support

engine swaps, turbo, guys its a brand new car!!
rakesh, some good pipes, good intake, and maybe these fancy wires and plugs (dont get the whole better spark logic till date though) will surely get you started on these stock rs octis.

Please dont bother about swaps, turbo, remaps etc, you'll waste time, tons of money and a VERY GOOD BRAND NEW CAR!!

manson.
Old 28th November 2006, 23:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Instead of Turbo Will suggest for good set of intake pipes with velocity stack & filter for Civic bundled with good set of headers instead of turbo they will give approx 25-30 BHP gains at the wheels.
Intake and headers will give you 30 rwhp?! If this came from anyone except you, I would have laughed. Can you explain this?

Rakesh, I would honestly suggest keeping your car stock for atleast a few months. Get your bigger wheels and tyres and drive around. Once you are truly tired of ONLY 130 bhp, then you can think of intake. When that novelty wears off, in about a month, then think of exhaust or turbo. By then you will have more money (even more than 2.5 lakhs), and there will be more options on the market.

It's heartening to see someone who prefers outright performance over bodykits and TWT mods.
Old 28th November 2006, 23:31   #30

Quote:
Intake and headers will give you 30 rwhp?! If this came from anyone except you, I would have laughed. Can you explain this?

Rakesh, I would honestly suggest keeping your car stock for atleast a few months. Get your bigger wheels and tyres and drive around. Once you are truly tired of ONLY 130 bhp, then you can think of intake. When that novelty wears off, in about a month, then think of exhaust or turbo. By then you will have more money (even more than 2.5 lakhs), and there will be more options on the market.

It's heartening to see someone who prefers outright performance over bodykits and TWT mods.
Thanks viper. It is just that I can't get over Domainator ( Nihon Car & Bike - Mugen Dominator Concept at the Tokyo Auto Salon, HDTV ) :P

So as suggested, I will go for only bigger wheels now. Do you know how much would an 18'' ( black alloy ) + low profile tyre cost ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks