Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2006, 00:13   #31
Team-BHP Support

18" wheels (only wheels) would cost around 45k, and you'll mess it up. yes the car will handle better after the 18s', that because it wont just move!!
dont even get me started on the ride quality, anything more than 16s' would be an overdose pal.

manson.
Old 29th November 2006, 13:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

16", or maximum 17" would be it. 18" wheels are ok in Japan and Europe, where roads are silky smooth. Here in Bangalore, you will only be able to drive from MG Road to the airport and back with those wheels.
Old 29th November 2006, 21:01   #33
BHPian

hey bro .. you can get the whole body kit .. similar to the one on the Mugen Civic dont at Kit-up in coimbatore .. the guy there already has his silver civic done up .. looks nice .. go for 16inch momo's .. really hot .. and pick up a Remus muffler .. the bolt on for the Civic .. guess this should get you started .. these are primarily cosmetic mods .. power? well go turbo .. not yet?! get free flow and typhoon intake kit installed .. would make a noticeable difference .. take care and do keep us posted on what you have descided to do finally !!!
Old 30th November 2006, 10:28   #34
BHPian

Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Intake and headers will give you 30 rwhp?! If this came from anyone except you, I would have laughed. Can you explain this?
Those are not my figures those were tested on a dyno on USDM Civic Si but i came to know later that that civic was not running R18 engine, but was with a k20xx the car looks similar though from outside. R18 is designed for better fuel economy & power depending upon the driving load condition, the dbw system & switching of high & low speed cam lobes are related to each other & its ecu which decides how much air flow is required. also the Ex manif & catalytic converter are part of cylinder head now for Emission purpose & the intake is dual stage manifold. I dont think you can do much to this engine until the ECU is tweaked which will take some time.

Old 30th November 2006, 11:11   #35
BANNED

Errr...so what CAN he do for performance?
Old 30th November 2006, 12:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Honda-Tech.com: Massive r18a1 turbo UPDATE

New approach and it works... you also have an option for a supercharger.
Old 30th November 2006, 12:54   #37
BHPian

Ford Rocam
Do we have the same integrated headers in our Civics. So would it make a difference if new headers ( would be more cosmetic) are installed in the CIVIC.
rakeshXP,
Go for good 17" rims bronze or gunmetal.. with michellin rubber! for the time being.. check this out Honda Civic Concept Mugen 2.0 Limited Edition
Old 1st December 2006, 01:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Ford Rocam
Do we have the same integrated headers in our Civics. So would it make a difference if new headers ( would be more cosmetic) are installed in the CIVIC.

It Should be same. Practically Honda has removed the concept of Headers with this engine being exhaust integrated in head.

For more info on this engine working chk out this excellent video by Honda

Honda Worldwide | New 1.8l i-VTEC Engine

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 1st December 2006 at 01:18.
Old 1st December 2006, 17:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

here is one pic. check it out!

Old 1st December 2006, 19:02   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Do we have the same integrated headers in our Civics.
Yes, It comes with the same concept.
Old 2nd December 2006, 00:43   #41
BHPian

hey guys..kinda off topic..but still...saw this mugen civic(or atleast a look alike civic)..at worli today morning.license number 3!!!8lacs IMO is a way BIT too much for it..car mod fella's like carmodernize and viper put together would probably get you a better result for a lot less(correct if im wrong plz).!
Old 2nd December 2006, 02:16   #42
BHPian

RIO has a nice kit for the civic, seen a civic done by him in bandra, mostly on sundays at bandstand
Old 2nd December 2006, 15:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

guys dont you think its high time that we start a thread `pics of moded civics` ? because i havent seen any moded civic on the road but have heard a lot bout them.!
Old 3rd December 2006, 16:59   #44
fb1
BHPian

guys had seen a honda civic with a transparent hood and neons inside!! looked stunning!! any idea where you can get a hood like that
Old 3rd December 2006, 17:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys..kinda off topic..but still...saw this mugen civic(or atleast a look alike civic)..at worli today morning.license number 3!!!
Quote:
RIO has a nice kit for the civic, seen a civic done by him in bandra, mostly on sundays at bandstand
Quote:
guys had seen a honda civic with a transparent hood and neons inside!! looked stunning!! any idea where you can get a hood like that
where are the pics guys ????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks