Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2004, 02:13   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How do you want to modify your car?

Hey,

So what does a car enthusiast naturally want? MORE FROM HIS CAR!!! We are a breed thats hard to please, and we expect the world out of our personal cars. I am sure each and every one of you, like me, has spent countless hours on thoughts and ideas to improve your car by modifying the engine, body shell, wheel/tyre combo etc.

Speak aloud your future mods as well as those you have already implemented. Remember, these modifications have to be viable (no Ferrari engine in my Contessa allowed), and they have to be on the car you currently drive.

I have just rebuilt my Mahindra Classic, and listed below are few of the modifications I have carried out:

1. Reconditioning and strengthening Chassis
2. Standok Jet Black paint
3. New Body Shell
4. Stainless steel nuts and bolts all around
5. 3 spoke alloys (15 x 8.5J) with 225mm Michelins
6. Front calipers painted FERRARI RED
7. Chrome pipes on the side, instead of step-in platform.
8. Airconditioner (The only Classic in the world with an a/c)
9. Higher final drive (4.8 to 4.27. For better driveability)
10.Extra gas tank on the rear tailgate
11. CD Player with 600w speakers in a MDF boombox. Also an amplifier
12. Numerous other things like sparco-tyre seats, blue headlights, front bull bar (factory mod) etc.

Things I will be doing in the future

1. High lift it by 6 inches
2. Potential of a high powered Petrol engine

Lets hear you out

GTO
Old 20th March 2004, 03:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Though my Vtec is as stock as it gets. Here are some mods i'd like to do on it....

1. Fit a TC on my car and boost power by 75-100bhp.
2. Strenghten the chassis.
3. Fit a roll cage.
4. Use 195mm tyres on the front wheels and 185mm on the rear ones.
5. 16" wheels
7. Remove the music system and air conditioner.
8. Remove the rear seat.
9. Maybe a bit of negative camber.
10. Replace the stock head lights with Xenon.
11. Lower the suspenssion and soften the suspenssion at the rear, a bit.
12. Performance exhaust.
13. Replace the stock steering with momo.
14. A pair of Sparco seats.
15. Performance brakes
16. I'd try and avoid a rear aerofoil unless the rear feels unstable at high speeds.
17. Lastly but most importantly, replace the 1.5 Vtec engine with a 2ltr engine.

I ain't done yet..........i'll be posting the other mods after i give it a thought.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 29th March 2004, 01:15   #3
BHPian

Hey You guys geta load of this Team Fiat consists of six cars three white one sea frost blue (dupont) with racing stripes the other is subaru metalic blue and the last blood red.
All our cars are Fitted with whole lot of stuff
1. modified carbs or twin carbs
2. Air intakes and Rams
3. Headers( Freeflow systems)
4. Tubless tyres running on Lancer rims 13inch ,14inch +alloys
5. Bigger radiators
6. Four headed sarkplugs and a contesa distributor
7.And my car has got a sports silencer imported from Dubai
and much more we also plan on which fuel to run(secret)
Old 29th March 2004, 01:33   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Team Fiat,

From your nick, I presumed that you guys were a gang of Palio owners. But if you got twin carbs, well...its not a fuel-injected Palio then. What cars are you running these modifications on? Do give us more details...

GTO
Old 29th March 2004, 03:04   #5
BHPian

Hey GTO the cars we run will totally blow your mind off these cars are from the 60's to the 80's you could call them hotrods our oldest car is from 1968
which is seafrost blue it has ben clocked on the express high way at 140cool right for a old girl these cars are Fiat Premiers
Old 29th March 2004, 10:30   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Premier Padmini with twin carbs, headers, air intakes and thicker tyres? That must fly! I have restored a Mahindra myself, taking it from near rust-bucket to a mean off-road machine. Check it out in the modifications section under "higher final drive..."

I dont know why, but free flow exhausts sound better on a Fiat than on any other car

How about some pictures, TF?

GTO
Old 29th March 2004, 11:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Mar. 29 2004,09:00)]I dont know why, but free flow exhausts sound better on a Fiat than on any other car
Absolutely!!!

Fiats with broken mufflers sound much better than any other car of the same fate IMO!
Old 29th March 2004, 19:53   #8
BHPian

Dont worry GTO we will be putting some out for you guys right now some of the cars are getting painted my ride is gone for a totall new make over
Im painting it silver with blue race stripes hey do you guys know about these new carbs which are called webers I saw this carb in a garage where this guy was fitting but when we asked him he was reluctant to tell us about it so i you guys hear about them contact us bud
Old 29th March 2004, 20:05   #9
BHPian

Hey Rehaan you should hear the firring of our cars man you can hear them a mile away , check this out there is this one guy in pune who did a Fiat no freeflowbut just took of the silencer and put some really big tyres man first of all the car was a ear buster and his steering was so damm hard it was like drving a truck the guy came to us or help after sorting out the problems the car flies we guys are all auto literate three of us are Automobile Egn includig me cant wait to get the car back its gone for painting catch u guys later
Old 29th March 2004, 20:11   #10
BHPian

Hey GTo where do you get these espaco seats from do get them in Mumbai
and how much do they cost and do you know any guys with suped up Fiats
Old 31st March 2004, 17:37   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey TF,

Nope, Weber carbs arent new at all...They have been around and on many Indian cars for lightyears now. You can get varied sizes, depending on the application e.g. for the Fiat Uno, Esteem and so on.

Heheheh, thanks for the compliments on the seats but they arent what you think they are. I got the Recaro look-alikes made from a guy around central Mumbai, excellent worksmanship. Only 3000 for both the seats combined. PM me if you want his contact details.

GTO
Old 31st March 2004, 18:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO completely forgot to check out your new gear ratios after the Speed Run the other. Hopefully next time

Cheers
Old 15th April 2004, 01:55   #13

Hi,
i have a zen which has done 1,70,000.km.It is a 99 model.A month ago i had fitted an ESTEEM engine into it.After fitting i realised that the brakes were not doing the job properly,so again the good old engine was installed into it.Can any one fit the existing front disc brake at the rear as i intend to fit the esteem's disc brake at the front.
Old 15th April 2004, 06:43   #14
Team-BHP Support

Hi Santosh,

Wow, a double engine switchback, rare manouver!! But good to see u had preference for the brakes.
About the discs at the back, i am not sure, depends on the hub and i have not heard of anyone who has done this. However, i just wanted to ask which esteem discs you are using, the discs that come on the MPFI version are different from the old esteem discs and hence i would reccomend those if possible. GTO switched his old esteem discs with the newer discs in order to reduce the brake fade he was experiencing on his esteem.

GTo - is there a a difference in size as well or is the only diff the fact that the new discs are vented? right?

cya
R
Old 15th April 2004, 13:41   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Santosh,

You should have opted for better brakes in the front, rather than saying bye bye to the delicious esteem engine. E-Zens, as team-bhpians call the 1.3 Zen, are stormers and offer competiton to Honda City's in drags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]GTo - is there a a difference in size as well or is the only diff the fact that the new discs are vented? right?
As far as I know, the size is the same

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks