Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 22:28   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
aren't any aftermarket cams available for swift, direct bolt on?
Crower has bolt on cams for the swift and the baleno's .. But most of them are made by order .. 290 , 300 degree cams for the swift are available in bangalore .. And jitu , I dont think our cams can be reground to any specs say like to 285 from the stock specs .. There should be a limitation to the degree you can regrind them .. Isnt it ??
Old 6th May 2007, 22:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Crower has bolt on cams for the swift and the baleno's .. But most of them are made by order .. 290 , 300 degree cams for the swift are available in bangalore .. And jitu , I dont think our cams can be reground to any specs say like to 285 from the stock specs .. There should be a limitation to the degree you can regrind them .. Isnt it ??
Ya there's limitation but Piper does it after seeing the sample & checking all possiblity, my earlier car ikon had cam regrinded to bp285 spec from piper cause there was no direct bolt on available, but my question was if swifts aftermarket direct bolt on cams are available then why to regrind it?

p.s : i am not aware the cam installed is aftermarket piper or regrind piper unless the owner confirms it.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 6th May 2007 at 22:41.
Old 6th May 2007, 22:49   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Ya there's limitation but Piper does it after seeing the sample & checking all possiblity, my earlier car ikon had cam regrinded to bp285 spec from piper cause there was no direct bolt on available, but my question was if swifts aftermarket direct bolt on cams are available then why to regrind it?

p.s : i am not aware the cam installed is aftermarket piper or regrind piper unless the owner confirms it.
I am told that the max gain on the degree from the stock spec is around 20-25 not more for the swifts and the baleno's .. Yes , there are bolt on cams available for both the engines from crower (as the cam's are quite identical except for a difference of a single digit in degrees and a few other differences) .. Infact , here is a pic of the cam that I recently purchased ..

Its a 270 degree cam from crower :

Also , one of the australian tuning firms for the suzi's is selling 290 degree cams for the swifts and the baleno for about 660 AUD + customs and shipping .. And 26x degree cams with brand new billets for about 620 AUD + customs and shipping ..

Because not many companies manufacture these cams off the shelf due to the poor sales , they are exhorbitantly priced .. But they do make a hell lot of a difference ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th May 2007 at 23:02.
Old 6th May 2007, 23:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

BP285 is a pretty agressive grind, no? They don't give any lift figures. I'm guessing some fuelling and ignition tuning would also be in order. And moving the limiter up would help. There is somebody who makes bolt-on camshafts and pulleys for the G13BB but I keep forgetting the name. It's one of the lesser known manufacturers.

@MCL: What is the point of taking a picture of a camshaft from that high up?
Old 7th May 2007, 00:47   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
BP285 is a pretty agressive grind, no? They don't give any lift figures. I'm guessing some fuelling and ignition tuning would also be in order. And moving the limiter up would help. There is somebody who makes bolt-on camshafts and pulleys for the G13BB but I keep forgetting the name. It's one of the lesser known manufacturers.

@MCL: What is the point of taking a picture of a camshaft from that high up?
Yes , 285 degree is quite aggressive .. And moving the limiter will give you that aditional advantage of running such a cam .. Though there are plenty of aftermarket cams available for the esteems , there are lesser numbers for the swifts and the baleno's .. As I mentioned earlier , the cams have slightly different profiles but with slight modifications to the swift cam it can be fit onto the baleno too .. However the other way might not be possible ..

As you can see the lighting was bad .. Did take a few close up pics from my phone but they didn't come out well .. This is the only pic I could manage to fit the whole cam within the frame that looks OK .. Other close up pics haven't come out quite well ..
Old 7th May 2007, 02:29   #51
BHPian

its a 285 regrind from piper uk....loooovvveeeellllyyyyyy
Old 7th May 2007, 10:16   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
And jitu , I dont think our cams can be reground to any specs say like to 285 from the stock specs .. There should be a limitation to the degree you can regrind them .. Isnt it ??
Hey Mclaren,

Our stock Cams can easily be reground to Piper Bp285 specs infact they can be reground till BP 300 specs very easily. This I can confirm can be done for the Maruti range, Ford, Hyundai & Lancer as have got these done from Piper used them extensively since the past 10-12 years depending on the cars sold during that period.

BP 285 is very driveable in traffic and the powerband is from 2000 RPM - 7500 RPM. Have been using BP 285 Cams in my ex M1000, Esteem, Getz and some customers Ikon(Jitu), Swift(Gemballa), Lancer, Accent. Use of a Adjustable Cam wheel adviseable when using BP25 specifically.

Viper
Old 7th May 2007, 17:45   #53
BHPian

how much do these cams cost ?
do you get these for the corolla?
Old 7th May 2007, 20:50   #54
BHPian

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 7th May 2007, 23:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi,
Could you please give me the design number and the brand of the rim being used here on this swift.

Thanks.
Old 8th May 2007, 12:59   #56
BHPian

wow...nice job mate , how much has the performance increased after the mods ? some timings will be helpfull.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:42   #57
BHPian

congrats gemballa for these amazing mods.
can you let us know the difference on performance after these mods.
and if possible write down how much all these mods costed you?
cheers
Old 8th May 2007, 17:53   #58
Team-BHP Support

Hey Gembella, how about some actual figures man. We would love to see the gains made over a stock Swift. Hook up the Gtech and give us some times please!
Old 8th May 2007, 19:37   #59
BHPian

chheerrrrss

ya the car is running well have not timed it properly but on my stopwatch it was about 9 sec but i have to adjust the timings of the cams......plus the ecu is in development so that will be a big help... as for the rims i got them from some guy in opera house not sure what they are......as for the cost i do it in stages so not sure but bout 1-1.5 lach is a good budget to start with but only engine rims and all extra.
Old 8th May 2007, 20:37   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
as for the cost i do it in stages so not sure but bout 1-1.5 lach is a good budget to start with but only engine rims and all extra.
And what all do you get for this 1.5L budget ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks