Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 02:48   #7606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Attachment 131757

Sorry for poor quality pic, taken from mobile in low light. Notice the ugly tape work all over body
I see the hard work gone into the flame work on the side. Personally, with a car like this I would have taken the easier route for the flames,

pour a truck load of petrol on this thing and put a match to it!

Yeah, burn baby burn!

Old 3rd May 2009, 02:58   #7607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
240z is legendary. how can you compare this junk with the legend.
Nobody is comparing Sir,its a definite lookalike.

There was this guy on Team-Bhp who has excellent photoshop skills.Ask him to add the spoiler and skirts(rear and side) and voila ,you have the same model shot by our friend rapheal at night.

Just check out the tail lights in detail,even the white reversing lights are similar in design.I may be totally wrong,but they do have quite a few similarities.
Old 3rd May 2009, 10:33   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
An SS80 modified as a pick up by a homestay in Coorg !
looks weird, but definitely handy with all that space in the back.
Old 3rd May 2009, 16:50   #7609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

Just check out the tail lights in detail,even the white reversing lights are similar in design.I may be totally wrong,but they do have quite a few similarities.
Actually, it does not actually look like the Datsun. Yes, there are some similarities but the datsun is more rounded and the pic we have here seems more of something like a Corolla Sprinter.
I am attatching pics of AE86 and AE85 which seem to have a striking similarity to the pic which had been posted earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-85ae85_1.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-ae86140.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2009, 22:11   #7610
Senior - BHPian

Finally I guess it will be safe to conclude that the car in question is either a Toyota Sprinter (AE 86) or maybe AE 85, either of the Trueno or Levin versions, or its a mod job to copy the same.
Notice the rear glass, especially the 'kink' sort of thing. Also the roofline and few other minor details. Yes, those bumper and spoiler are ofcourse aftermarket.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-ae86140.jpg  

Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-dsc00070.jpg  

Old 4th May 2009, 11:43   #7611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Finally I guess it will be safe to conclude that the car in question is either a Toyota Sprinter (AE 86) or maybe AE 85, either of the Trueno or Levin versions, or its a mod job to copy the same.
Notice the rear glass, especially the 'kink' sort of thing. Also the roofline and few other minor details. Yes, those bumper and spoiler are ofcourse aftermarket.
Exactly..
But the guy who owns this should be put in jail. It looks hideous.Look at the bumpers!!
Still, the thought of an AE86 lurking around gives me chills down my spine..
When will i get one??
Old 4th May 2009, 11:57   #7612
BHPian

Guys, this definatly looks like a mod job and from a contessa to that, i dont know why but the front just reminds me of the constessa front.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:03   #7613
BHPian

This is surely an ugly mod job on the contessa. The rear pillars and the overall structure of the car scream Contessa!
Old 4th May 2009, 15:04   #7614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
This is surely an ugly mod job on the contessa. The rear pillars and the overall structure of the car scream Contessa!
First of all its not really ugly anyways looks being subjective, the overall structure is definatley not like contessa. See the roofline, even the pillars are in a different world.
Further, its not really easy to change pillars and rooflines, even the wheelbase looks much shorter than the contessa.

But yes, as Mr.abhayshanu said, the front fenders do have a resemblance to the conti. No denying that. Actually I could not get a pic of a Sprinter in a similar posture so would not comment that the fenders of AE look like our Conti from a certain angle.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 4th May 2009 at 15:06.
Old 4th May 2009, 22:54   #7615
BHPian

hmm looking at pictures posted by YC.BALENO.CHD i must say the front on that car is very similar to what i clicked, However i am still confused on if they are the same or not, if you look closely you'll notice that the c pillars( ones that flow with the rear windscreen) have a bit of a distance between them unlike in the pic posted by YC.BALENO.CHD. but i must admit its very similar, also the engine fire sounded very powerful.

thanks and regards
rahul joshi
Old 4th May 2009, 23:52   #7616
BHPian

The sound can be made loud by just adding a new end can or a muffler, this is done for 1k so that we cant take into consideration, unless you are certain that you heard a might engine, then that means atleast this is not a ricer.
Old 4th May 2009, 23:59   #7617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapheal9 View Post
hmm looking at pictures posted by However i am still confused on if they are the same or not, if you look closely you'll notice that the c pillars( ones that flow with the rear windscreen) have a bit of a distance between them unlike in the pic posted by YC.BALENO.CHD. but i must admit its very similar, also the engine fire sounded very powerful.

thanks and regards
rahul joshi
Actually, the sprinters came in few different body styles and so even I am confused with the stuff. There was a levin version and a Trueno version. Latter had different set of lamps, bumpers and fenders. There may be more to it that I might not be knowing. Moreover, the design of the C-pillar really is quite different, maybe I will hunt for pics from another angle but I guess I won't be able to rest until I find the truth behind the pics.

EDIT- the pics posted by me are of AE85 and AE86, both Levins.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 5th May 2009 at 00:04.
Old 5th May 2009, 00:10   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Actually, it does not actually look like the Datsun. Yes, there are some similarities but the datsun is more rounded and the pic we have here seems more of something like a Corolla Sprinter.
I am attatching pics of AE86 and AE85 which seem to have a striking similarity to the pic which had been posted earlier.
If you see both the pics, you will see a huge gap between the boot door and the body, this indicates bad body work, i am not saying that this is not the AE86 but just that body work is done, and that too bad.
Lets suppose -
A contessa is to be converted to a AE86, so alot of cody work would have to be done.
Now how many people are there in the WHOLE of india who can do it very well? just a few, and what are the chances of everyone with a old contessa, a little money and no membership of T-BHP of knowing the best?
ANS - VERY LESS.
So this can be a indication that the car has been modded to look like the AE86 or the owner doesnt know a good mechanic

Old 5th May 2009, 00:15   #7619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
If you see both the pics, you will see a huge gap between the boot door and the body, this indicates bad body work, i am not saying that this is not the AE86 but just that body work is done, and that too bad.

So this can be a indication that the car has been modded to look like the AE86 or the owner doesnt know a good mechanic

Totally agree with you. And nice reasonig out there, especially the membership of Tbhp part!
Old 5th May 2009, 00:26   #7620
Senior - BHPian

Something I get to see all the time here in Houston.
(The rear fender taken from the mid-80s to early 90s Vette!).
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird & wacky mod jobs in India!-1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks