Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2018, 09:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Congrats Anurag for the remap and a host of mods which keep me inspired to try the same.
i too am looking to remap my sx4 and have spoken to wolfmoto which comes highly recommended for fiat engines,sadly they dont have any plans at the moment to come to goa. Just like you i am not interested in 1-100 timings, a better fun to drive car is all that i am looking for.
I would also like to do a pre and post dyno just to be sure that the remap is actually a remap and not just something to fool me.
Enjoy your beast.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 10:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
I would also like to do a pre and post dyno just to be sure that the remap is actually a remap and not just something to fool me.
Do not trust dyno figures too. They can be easily manipulated. Best way to quantify the gains after remap is to time the in gear acceleration. I prefer doing it in 3rd gear, say 20 to 120 kmph.. This would cover the entire revv band . Do the runs on both stock and remap on same stretch of road under similar conditions. 0-100 is also good method, but it depends on the driver.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 12:14   #33
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log. EDIT: Now remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I paid almost 15k but I guess that is because of dual disc set up on the Fiat. Truth be told, I should have just coughed up another 3k and stuck to stock which was readily available at the dealer too. You learn from your mistakes.
Same experience here on my Ex-Punto. OEM pads were way better than Brembo ones. I went back to OEM after 1K kms.
gp_fanatico is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 12:31   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log. EDIT: Now remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Same experience here on my Ex-Punto. OEM pads were way better than Brembo ones. I went back to OEM after 1K kms.
Brembo is well reputed brand. But I have huge doubts on what we get in Indian market. Few S-Cross owners were using Brembo pads and it damaged the OE rotors.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 14:04   #35
BHPian

Hi Anurag, congratulations buddy for mod.
How are the mileage figures before and after mod please?

I spoke to Mayur and he confirmed more torque means less gear shifts which leads to more mileage.

I got very much inspired by your post that I contacted Mayur in couple of days but since my car Bolt is top end, it came on boarded with some Italian trucks ECU which he couldn't read it and said it will take him to couple of months to write the program to match my cars config.
I came back dissapointed.
Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 16:23   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
Hi Anurag, congratulations buddy for the mod.
How are the mileage figures before and after the mod, please?
Thank you, sir, for the appreciation. I'm consistently getting above 18.5kmpl. The average is between 18.7 - 19.4 kmpl.

In the recent trip 'Hyderabad-Chennai-Hyderabad', the average FE was 18.3 kmpl.
Old 16th December 2018, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thank you, sir, for the appreciation. I'm consistently getting above 18.5kmpl. The average is between 18.7 - 19.4 kmpl.

That's unbelievable mileage figure a creta can achieve with such super torque figures. Of course we love spirited driving and it's needed for our enthusiasm sometimes but under normal driving conditions, it's just awesome efficiency

I'm waiting for Mayur to finish of the code for my car.

Some info which I could get from Mayur during interaction :-
1) After remap, just stick to normal service schedule without miss.
2) No need to go for K@N air filter but just replace stock air filter during service schedule.
3) Mayur highly recommends using Amsoil Full synthetic oil which is normally used for racing and it's 100@/@ synthetic oil and I was amazed to see some great videos on YouTube.
4) If new ECU settings gets erased due to update from company then he will perform same previous remap at no cost.
Note: It's seems he is changing 17 parameters in ECU to achieve new safe PS and Torque figures. He is not ready to share what parameters he is changing.
Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Can a remap be done to increase fuel efficiency? My TUV AMT gives me 15 kmpl on Highway, I am not high on speeds, can live with de-tuned engine.
Old 12th August 2020, 17:32   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Can a remap be done to increase fuel efficiency? My TUV AMT gives me 15 kmpl on Highway, I am not high on speeds, can live with the de-tuned engine.
Yes, if the tuner knows what he is doing, it can help in increasing FE too (can't comment on how much % hike will be observed). It also depends on the driver who will need to be slightly gentle on the pedal too for the FE figures to reflect in real-life.

Better low-end should help in increasing FE as gear changes are lesser and driveability is better too.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 17:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, if the tuner knows what he is doing, it can help in increasing FE too. It also depends on the driver who will need to be slightly gentle on the pedal too for the FE figures to reflect in real-life.
I regularly travel on Hyderabad-Warangal highway, I am getting 15 on AC and light pedal. I do not cross more than 80 Kmph due to speed cameras on highway.

I noticed that GT Tunerz is showing as permanently closed on Google search. Is this the case?
Old 12th August 2020, 17:44   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I noticed that GT Tunerz is showing as permanently closed on Google search. Is this the case?
There has been a change in team incharge for Hyderabad on behalf of GT Tunerz which has been chosen and I think the contact details will be updated mostly.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th August 2020 at 17:49.
Old 14th August 2020, 12:38   #42
BHPian

The remap figures look excellent for Creta and your post is tempting me to do an upgrade.

I have a few questions to all the experts here.

Is it good to do a remap on Automatic gearboxes ? I have a new seltos with DCT gearbox.

Also when is the right time to do such upgrades, because the vehicle is still new, roughly about a month old.

I have heard a lot of about Code 6 and Wolfmoto doing these mods. Which one of them is better & more reliable ?

Recently I saw an article in the internet about them (code6 ) tuning a Seltos to 170 bhp and 310 Nm Torque.

I stay in Bangalore, so pls provide your valuable inputs.

Below is the instagram feed.

Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi-code6.jpg

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 14th August 2020 at 12:45. Reason: Attached a pic
Old 14th August 2020, 14:15   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
Is it good to do a remap on Automatic gearboxes? I have a new seltos with DCT gearbox.
Remapping the vehicle, as such isn't bad, it is the later part where the vehicle gets abused due to the addiction - post power increase. A remap that is done with real thought plus the tuner who is working knows what he is doing, then nothing to worry at all.

Quote:
Also when is the right time to do such upgrades, because the vehicle is still new, roughly about a month old.
No right time as such, just one should do it post the running-in.

I did the remap on my Creta at ~19,000 kms. You can wait for the second service to be completed. You'll get time to know the vehicle as to how it performs in the stock map in various usage conditions and post remap what differences are being observed (good and bad). The same observations can be communicated to the tuner who would tweak/refine the map so it can be even better.

Post remap don't skip servicing i.e. Engine oil + filter change schedules should be maintained.

Quote:
I have heard a lot of about Code 6 and Wolfmoto doing these mods. Which one of them is better & more reliable?
All are good. No such thing as the best or so. I'll say contact Wolf Moto, Code6 and Quantum Tuning UK. Being in Bangalore, everyone will respond quickly.

Quote:
Recently I saw an article on the internet about them (code6) tuning a Seltos to 170 bhp and 310 Nm Torque.
My suggestion, get a conservative remap done initially, know the limitations of the engine and especially the DCT gearbox. Accordingly, ask the tuner to tweak the map. Going aggressive on DCT gearbox may not be good.

Find out how much extra torque can that DCT bear, inform the same to the tuner also.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th August 2020 at 14:22.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 18:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:

Is that so ? Are these figures from City Driving or Highway. ? I have Creta as well its a 2015 model and the Mileage figures are pathetic at the moment, I used to get anywhere b/w 10-12Kmpl (No Load. City Driving) and 15-18 (Full Load. Highway) in the first two years of driving but off late I'm only getting 10kmpl it went as low as 8kmpl., I do drive the car quite Flamboyantly and maybe that's the reason why the Mileage is so low. Also, the car emits black smoke which is quite evident even at Hard-Medium Throttle, I got a few parameters checked after going Thru some threads but it hasnt rediced the Smoke nor the Mileage has increased.

I am thinking about getting my car Remapped. Would like the lower-end Torque to improve, better Over all throttle response, especially at mid range. Btw Anurag, do you have any plans to upgrade your suspension after the remap ? How does the car handle now after the remap ? Do you feel you need better, tyres, brakes and suspension after the power increase ?

Has any member got their Creta remapped in Bangalore ?

Last edited by chetan : 27th August 2020 at 18:50.
Old 27th August 2020, 19:58   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
Is that so? Are these figures from City Driving or Highway. ?
Those figures were from 2018 and it was 45:55 (city:highway) ratio. Currently I am getting around 15kmpl (100% city) - stock map.

Quote:
Also, the car emits black smoke which is quite evident even at Hard-Medium Throttle
I had the issue of black smoke too post remap.

Quote:
I am thinking about getting my car Remapped. Would like the lower-end Torque to improve, better Over all throttle response, especially at mid-range.
You need to inform the tuner about your requirements for a better low-end and not much of a drop in FE and the tuner will do it for you accordingly.

Quote:
Btw Anurag, do you have any plans to upgrade your suspension after the remap? How does the car handle now after the remap? Do you feel you need better, tyres, brakes and suspension after the power increase?
I have reverted to stock map. I am not sure if I shall remap my car again or not. Regarding suspension upgrade, I had contacted Pete's for the same but the items are out of stock.

Brakes, I have Brembo pads fit before remap was done. The OEM tyres have done 82,500 kms and shall be changed in the coming week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks