Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 22:26   #31
BHPian

Re: My BMW 530d (F10) - Downpipe, EGR off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
.... I was seeing 23-24KMPL of mileage when cruising at 120KMPH during my drive back from Bangalore. That kind of efficiency from such a huge barge of a car.

I'll take that.
Have you coded your car to learn to live without an EGR and DPF ? Does the car automatically adjust to the changed workings of the engine, or does it run in a toned down way until it's fixed? maybe not . But do you not have errors popping up? Can you remove them once and for all? I'm really looking forward to blanking the EGR on my safari. I'm worried about the CEL. IDK if the car will adjust to no more egr, or will LIMP till I fix it.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 00:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Have you coded your car to learn to live without an EGR and DPF ? Does the car automatically adjust to the changed workings of the engine, or does it run in a toned down way until it's fixed? maybe not . But do you not have errors popping up? Can you remove them once and for all? I'm really looking forward to blanking the EGR on my safari. I'm worried about the CEL. IDK if the car will adjust to no more egr, or will LIMP till I fix it.
The car was eventually remapped to remove the EGR and DPF by software as well.

There is a very sophisticated algorithm in place to detect the various temperature and pressure changes caused due to EGR and DPF. Our methods would keep it happy for a while until it decided that the sensors are faulty because it was seeing implausible values. The car for example, knows the changes in the air volume caused by EGR because it measures MAF before EGR and MAP after EGR. When it doesn't see the air expected by an open EGR valve, it will go into limp mode.

This will change depending on what sort of ECU that is running your Safari. It might be straightforward to get it mapped out by a reputable remap firm after doing the hardware mods.
ImmortalZ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 15:18   #33
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
The car was eventually remapped to remove the EGR and DPF by software as well.
Hello there and a much belated congratulations on taking command and revival of the N57. Out of curiosity (and a urge to throw the EGR away), is there black smoke from the exhaust during hard acceleration?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 20:34   #34

Want to get my BMW 530D F10 EGR removed.

I daily drive a 2016 530D LCI done 45000 Km's and the car is so good i honestly don't see a reason to replace it any time soon and plan on owning it well past 150000 Km's, for this exact reason i service my car every 5000 Km's and plan to keep it in great shape, unfortunately EGR System with lots of driving in Bangalore city traffic will surely clog the intake. Please suggest a place i can get the EGR removed and fitted with a blanking kit and also change the ZF8 Hp70 transmission oil as a preventative maintenance.
Barron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 16:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Want to get my BMW 530D F10 EGR removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hello there and a much belated congratulations on taking command and revival of the N57. Out of curiosity (and a urge to throw the EGR away), is there black smoke from the exhaust during hard acceleration?
Black smoke is a byproduct of removing the DPF. There will be a little smoke. Very little. Think pre DPF Lauras and such on hard acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
I daily drive a 2016 530D LCI done 45000 Km's and the car is so good i honestly don't see a reason to replace it any time soon and plan on owning it well past 150000 Km's, for this exact reason i service my car every 5000 Km's and plan to keep it in great shape, unfortunately EGR System with lots of driving in Bangalore city traffic will surely clog the intake. Please suggest a place i can get the EGR removed and fitted with a blanking kit and also change the ZF8 Hp70 transmission oil as a preventative maintenance.
That's a good car you have. Venkat of Blackworks did all the work on my car. He's based in Bangalore. Can't recommend him enough.
ImmortalZ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 00:53   #36
BHPian

Re: Want to get my BMW 530D F10 EGR removed.

Quote:
Venkat of Blackworks did all the work on my car. He's based in Bangalore. Can't recommend him enough.
Do you know how I can reach out to him? I got one number from Google search which seems to be switched off. Can't find any other way to contact blackworks after searching through Google.
Old 26th July 2022, 23:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

If you tried in the last couple of weeks, he was in the Himalayas somewhere. You can try now.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks