Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2021, 14:40   #16
BHPian

Re: The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS

I've purchased and installed the product. Couldn't get time to post a full review. I'll keep this short.

This unit is imported from China and has been rebranded as a Skyshop product. The seller is decent, the unit comes with 6 months warranty, although you can get it extended to one year by posting a review online.

Tip: Contact the seller on Whatspp (no. 95883104(five)(seven)) he will sell the same for 2400 INR!

Coming to the unit, I purchased the internal one, as I didn't want to carry around the tool of the external unit every time you fill air. Additionally, there is a possibility of theft of the external unit.

The sensors are of good quality and looks like they would last a decent time, not sure about the battery life though.

You will have to get these installed at a wheel balancing store. I got the same installed at my local MRF dealer, I was charged 150 per tyre for installation of the sensor (balancing and alignment was charged extra). The total cost was around 1300 INR as I got the balancing and alignment done too.

The display unit has decent visibility in daytime and has a dim mode for night time as well. The features on this are standard- tyre rotation, temperature unit, pressure unit, reset etc. The unit will warn you with an audible beep in case of a tyre leak (both slow and rapid punctures). I'm worried about the quality of the battery inside the unit, as someone on the forum posted bulging of battery in the Chinese display. You may choose to remove the battery and run it directly on USB power (though I did not do this).

Overall, I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for decent and cheaper alternative to Sensyair. Personally, I've purchased two units, one for myself and the other for my dad's car.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sorry, don't have many pictures of the same. Attaching a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08HDK65K8/...140ZBA92TPPQ64

Any first hand reviews of this product ?
Considering aliexpress is not shipping to india , this seems to be reasonable option .
Attached Thumbnails
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-whatsapp-image-20210211-9.55.49-am.jpeg  

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-whatsapp-image-20210211-1.10.01-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2021 at 15:32. Reason: Spacing.
lxskllr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

I ordered the internal sensors directly from the seller last week and got the installation done locally today.
All the points are already covered in the trailing post.

I have the same observations
-good quality for the price 2400/-
-quite accurate
-has psi/bar , c/f units
-1 year warranty
-i would recommend this over the app based / wired ones.
-internal sensors do not have replaceable batteries.life expectancy 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-20210303_130620.jpg  

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-20210303_130506_hdr.jpg  

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-20210303_130452_hdr.jpg  

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-20210306_130903_hdr.jpg  

ms001 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 19:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
I've purchased and installed the product. Couldn't get time to post a full review. I'll keep this short.
Quote:
I ordered the internal sensors directly from the seller last week and got the installation done locally today.
Thanks for the short and crisp reviews. I am still inclined to go for an external TPMS and want to do it DIY. The earlier amazon link was an external TPMS. Did the seller convince you to go for internal TPMS? Any idea on cost of external TPMS when purchased directly from the seller? Thanks.
Old 6th March 2021, 21:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Thanks for the short and crisp reviews. I am still inclined to go for an external TPMS and want to do it DIY. The earlier amazon link was an external TPMS. Did the seller convince you to go for internal TPMS? Any idea on cost of external TPMS when purchased directly from the seller? Thanks.
Price is the same for the external and internal sensors.
The seller did not push for either .
I chose internal one as it is less of a hassle once fitted , refilling is simple
External one is prone to breakage / water damage etc
Internal ones are more accurate
ms001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 21:42   #20
BHPian

No, I preferred the internal one due to the issues with theft and the inconvenience around filling air as detailed in my post.

No clue about the seller price for external one, IMHO the discount % should be similar to the internal one. Get in touch with the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
lxskllr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 13:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Price is the same for the external and internal sensors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
IMHO the discount % should be similar to the internal one. Get in touch with the seller.
Thanks to both of you. I contacted the seller on WhatsApp. The price of external and internal solar TPMS is the same. Since, this was my first TPMS, I went with the external one as I wanted it to be DIY.

Before installing the TPMS today, I filled the tyre to 32 PSI at the MFR dealer. Noticed that the pressure in the front left tyre was less as compared to the others. Need to monitor it in the coming weeks.

After coming home, I installed the TPMS and noticed that the readings were accurate. After driving for some 15 to 20 minutes, observed that the tyre pressure increased by 1 PSI with the increase in tyre temperature.

After installation
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-start-reading.jpg

After driving for 15 to 20 minutes
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-driving-reading.jpg

Overall highly satisfied with the services of the seller and quality of the product.
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 14:54   #22
BHPian

I am using a similar TPMS (external sensor type) which I had brought it in US. I have been using this since last one year or so and I am happy with its performance. For me, the batteries lasted for around 8 months.
But the replacement batteries are not that expensive and I brought them from Amazon at around Rs40 per cell.
Attached Thumbnails
The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-whatsapp-image-20210319-15.32.09.jpeg  

kavensri is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Hi,
I was inspired by your thread and had got a Visture internal Sensor TPMS. Had no issues till about six months ago when i had to get a tyre replaced for a puncture and the guy changing the tyre broke the sensor. Got a replacement sensor and fixed it with no issues.
Opened up the TPMS to find that the Lithium ion battery had swollen up. So it is not advisable to keep it in the car as it is a fire hazard. Now i decided to have the convenience of the TPMS without the hazard. Literally hacked off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Thanks for sharing your detailed experience with TPMS. I am glad you are having a great experience with your device.

Let me tell you something. Whatever you mentioned was warned by senior bhpians to me in group over and over again when i told them my interest in buying one. I also saw numerous negative experience in reviews and Youtube videos. However if you see product reviews of original owners in product page, you will find 90% positive reviews. So i decided to bite the bullet an order one. Also i chose a popular and cheaper device as chances of being bad is lesser when its so popular. Also did i mention the great return policy of Aliexpress? Its much better than our amazon and flipkart trust me. I remember buying this storage mat from them. They gave me the same with Ecosport branding. I complained and they refunded me the whole money and
Quote:
TPMS or Tyre Pressure Monitoring system displays tyre pressure in real time and warns users of abnormal or sudden changes in tyre pressure. Users can take preventive action by using recommended tyre pressure after being aware of the warning. Here is why everyone should have a TPMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Nice review ! I installed this TPMS a few months ago. The only problem I've seen is that in hot sunlight , the LCD display bars at the top start malfunctioning. For example , if the pressure is 36 , the top bar of the digits 3 and 6 just disappear ! This is only for the top 2 rows. After the temperature goes down , they're good again. Have you faced this problem ?

Apart from this problem , I have no complaints really. I don't remain worried on my long drives and don't have to regularly check my pressure.
Quote:
All the points are already covered in the trailing post.

I have the same observations
-good quality for the price 2400/-
-quite accurate
-has psi/bar , c/f units
-1 year warranty
-i would recommend this over the app based / wired ones.
-internal sensors do not have replaceable batteries.life expectancy 3 years.
Guys, it has been a long time since you have been using this products. Is it holding up well in the long term ?

Also, Read that the internal sensors do not have replaceable batteries, does that mean that the sensors have to be thrown away once the battery deteriorates ?
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am currently using 70Mai TPMS in both the Duster and Rapid. Previously I used the ones from Aliexpress however they didn't last for more than a couple of years. The fit and finish and build quality of the 70 Mai ones are leagues ahead. Apart from the solar display, the same can also be seen through the 70 Mai app. Also the app enables you to program the sensors as well. The 2 cons are the price and display is only in Bars. However, all in all super satisfied.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Guys, it has been a long time since you have been using this products. Is it holding up well in the long term ?

Also, Read that the internal sensors do not have replaceable batteries, does that mean that the sensors have to be thrown away once the battery deteriorates ?
It's worth the money. Haven't had a problem so far apart from the issue with the display in hot sun.

Not sure but I believe the sensors have to thrown away, but they usually last several years.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 19:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Installed the Manatec Internal TPMS in my XL6 while upgrading tyres. Decided on this TPMS based on feedback from Leoshashi as he does have the previous model (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review) of the same TPMS doing duty in his car.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-tpms1.jpg

Key Features
1. Display is a big clear monochrome unit that cycles between pressure, temperature and battery voltage readings. Cycling time can also be set.
2. Allows you to reconfigure tyre positions after wheel rotation in the settings menu.
3. Sensors come with replacable batteries (CR2032), which they claim should easily last 5 years.

Post installation, I did have trouble going into settings menu but the Manatec team was very responsive and they were able to provide clear instruction over phone to help complete setup.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-tpms2.jpg

Opted to buy the 5 sensor unit for 6.5K INR as I plan to use all 5 tyres of the car. Ordering and delivery experience was very smooth, all discussions were on phone and whatsapp. Payment was made via gpay and the produt was delivered within 2 days. I have not driven much post installation, but the sensors seems to be working fine and the PSI readings seems to be within the +- 2 PSI error range, as compared to the PSI reading in my Michellin tyre inflator.

The Aftermarket TPMS Thread & Review of my Visture Solar TPMS-tpms3.jpeg

Last edited by procrj : 26th June 2021 at 19:09.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 19:55   #27
BHPian

Interesting topic. Can you throw some light on these as well:
  1. How accurate are these sensors? Are they prone to environmental conditions like heat, cold etc? How much variation you see between sensors?
  2. How often do you test against standard tyre pressure devices for checking on the accuracy of the readings?
  3. What is the life of these devices? A couple of years? Or more? Are there any service outlets in India for these devices?
Regards,
lsjey
Old 27th June 2021, 19:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Sensor Type

Internal
+Discreet, not visible from outside.
+Cannot be stolen
+Top up air as usual

-Need to go to tyre shop for installation as tyre removal from rim is required.
-If new rim is used which doesn't have a sensor, visit tyre shop again.
-More expensive.
Got this model with internal sensors for Rs 1850/- from banggood and got them installed around four months back. Here is my short review in points.

+ pretty cheap
+ accurate
+ reliable for the past three months
+ quite convenient since they allow me to get the air checked only when required. I recently got the air checked after driving for close to 1000 km . Earlier I used to get it checked every 400 km.

- the front left sensor is erratic and goes blank sometimes. I suspect that there is an installation error. Will take some time out to get the same reinstalled.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th June 2021 at 22:09. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
WanderinNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post

It is still working and it is almost 2 1/2 years old
SanScorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Been using inexpensive ones which I got off Aliexpress 5 years ago. Two cars, and both going strong. Batteries needed replacement at the 3-4 year mark.

External sensors, and those worried about theft, they are almost impossible to take off without the special tool.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks