Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 15:56   #31
BHPian

Re: The curious case of the ‘converted’ Cretas! People buying lower variants & then adding extra goo

I bought a Creta AT despite considering this argument for a few weeks. The price difference is significant but it boils down to fit and finish. Somehow it gives me a strange peace of mind knowing things are factory fitted and tested.

I kind of side with the argument that popularity of ix25 has rattled the aftermarket accessories scene for Creta in India - the options are endless.

Also, on a related note, This Creta SX(O) ownership log by Anurag explores mods beyond the YouTube videos. As I said, the opportunities are endless
Old 9th January 2019, 21:46   #32
BHPian

Re: The curious case of the ‘converted’ Cretas! People buying lower variants & then adding extra goo

So will this ordinace, for the lack of a better word effect any change in the buying pattern.

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/...-supreme-court

Headline: Vehicle Cannot Be Altered to Change Original Specification: SC

Last edited by sandx : 9th January 2019 at 21:47. Reason: Added headline
Old 10th January 2019, 17:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
So will this ordinace, for the lack of a better word effect any change in the buying pattern.

https://www.thequint.com/news/india/...-supreme-court

Headline: Vehicle Cannot Be Altered to Change Original Specification: SC
Full judgement is available here.

https://www.sci.gov.in/supremecourt/...9-Jan-2019.pdf

I guess these minor modifications should not be a problem based on excerpt from the judgment which says up to 2% of weight doesn't need permission. So Creta weighing a TON can be accessorized up to 20 Kg. I guess this should cover most of typical small mods like light, alloy , steering control etc.

Quote:
Provided that it shall not be necessary to obtain such approval for making any change in the unladen weight of the motor vehicle consequent on the addition or removal of fittings or accessories if Such change does not exceed two percent of the weight entered in the certificate of registration.

Last edited by recshenoy : 10th January 2019 at 17:45.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 18:21   #34
BHPian

Is this a NCR only phenomenon!

Every other Creta I see in Bangalore is SX varient.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post

Majority I see here are SX. Almost 8/10.
Old 16th January 2019, 12:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Majority I see here are SX. Almost 8/10.
I saw couple of SX badged Cretas with rear wiper missing. These are the SX badged 1.4L Cretas.

Recently launched executive edition Creta has ventilated seats.I hope accessories shop guys will find a way to fit them in these base versions
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 01:24   #37
BHPian

I read in one of the blogs that with the new 2018 model, hyundai has updated the projector headlamps of the creta. The exact statement says -
Bi-Functional Projectors – As against the projector headlamps with halogen bulbs seen on the outgoing model, the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift gets bi-functional projector headlamps capable of added brightness and better night time visibility thereby enhancing occupant safety.
Old 29th March 2019, 01:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ng-soon-412097

Quote:
The new Hyundai Creta EX will come with features like front fog lights with daytime running lamps, a rear-seat armrest with a cup holder, adjustable headrests for the rear seats and a reverse-parking camera. While these features will be common to both Creta EX petrol and diesel versions, Hyundai will offer more equipment on the Creta EX diesel, comprising a 5.0-inch touchscreen audio system, steering-mounted audio controls, a map light with a sunglasses holder, two tweeters and a front-USB charging socket. The Creta EX trim will not come with a front power outlet which was earlier available on the E+ trim.
Instead of showroom and accessories shop adding the above mentioned fitments, Hyundai has started manufacturing the converted Cretas

However in Karnataka Creta 1.4 EX trim might cross 10L ex-showroom price. This in turn results in extra 3.8% tax , TCS and GST on the TCS. So customer will end up paying extra 50K over current E+ diesel trim due to taxation . Currently the accessories better than above mentioned EX features (Example : 7 inch touch screen with Android Auto) can be availed by spending 35-40K on Creta E+ Base trim. With the introduction of these factory converted Creta EX model, ex showroom it self might jump by 50K compared to to regular 1.4 E+ diesel Creta. So all in all there will be increase of 80K - 1 Lakh rupees for base version diesel 1.4 Creta.

I guess Hyundai is deliberately making customer to avoid the Creta and make space for Venue SUV.

Last edited by recshenoy : 29th March 2019 at 01:15.
recshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 07:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayB View Post
I read in one of the blogs that with the new 2018 model, hyundai has updated the projector headlamps of the creta. The exact statement says -
Bi-Functional Projectors – As against the projector headlamps with halogen bulbs seen on the outgoing model, the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift gets bi-functional projector headlamps capable of added brightness and better night time visibility thereby enhancing occupant safety.
The top end trims of the Creta always had Bi-Functional Projectors - which means both low and high beam in the same projector. They use the same HB3 bulbs too. Nothing different here.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 12:24   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

With the announcement of Creta EX, a lot of missing features in the base Creta are coming as standard.

The ones in bold below are part of standard equipment in the base model. There has been an increase of about 90k INR in the ex-showroom price which would translate to ~1.5L OTR increase. That's a lot of money for the below additional features but one gets the peace of factory fitting and warranty being intact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
Before I go further, let’s have a look at a small list of such aftermarket accessories:

1. Auto folding side-view mirrors
2. Auto dimming IRVM
3. Auto climate control
4. Reverse HD camera
5. Roof rails
6. Steering mounted controls
7. Snug fit touchscreen head unit
8. Front DRL with fog lamps
9. Front projector lamps headlight
10. Sunglass holder with map lights
Along with the above, the EX also gets adjustable rear headrests and rear hand rest/cup-holders. If only they included the rear parcel tray and the ACC, this would have been perfect!

Edit: Just saw that the news rumor was shared earlier on the thread and I have added the price details. Please delete this post if redundant.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th April 2019 at 12:30.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 10:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

For this interested in "Converting", I managed to find this website with everything you need.
http://www.carplus.in/hyundai/creta-2018&page=1

Here's the video:

I am not associated with this company in any way. Just posting the links as I found it useful.
pedrolourenco is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:46   #42
BHPian

Hi all, one of my friend is buying Creta base model. Inspired by this thread he wish to load it with accessories like HU with steering mounted controls, LED head/tail lights, DRL and fog lamps, auto folding OVRMs etc.

Can someone suggest good shop in Navi Mumbai.
Old 11th July 2019, 19:23   #43
BANNED

This game has been played from time immemorial. Basically you bought the basic car (No.1) and then added all the goodies No.2).So there is nothing new. Only now with Black Money declining the trends are changing. Also, when it comes to resale in smaller towns like Kanpur there is no premium for a higher model. Our son has an impeccably maintained Honda City AVN and they do not even want to pay for the V. Forget the AVN part.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 02:07   #44
BHPian

Does anybody know how the aftermarket ACC system works for the Creta?

AFAIK climate control needs an inside and outside temperature sensor for the Auto AC functionality to work correctly.
The aftermarket ACC doesn't seem to come with these sensors.

It does however, come with some kind of relay (shown and mentioned in one of the installation videos) that's supposed to replace the stock relay. Anyone know what that's used for?
Old 19th June 2023, 12:55   #45

Creta - The Variant conundrum E(and accesorize it) or S+ Knight

Hi All,

I've been looking to get my First car and have been reading about them in the forum and talking to people. We have an Alto and Ciaz(in laws') cars in our family and had been using them whenever we needed them, so the thought of getting one for ourselves never arose. We've shifted cities and think now is a right time to get one for ourselves.
I'm a sedate driver so not looking at something that is super indulgent or priortize the "fun to drive" aspect of it. I'd like something that is spacious and comfortable(not only for me, also for my wife) for daily drive and occasional road trips(once a quarter/half year). After discussing and going through the brochures of cars, we've decided to put aside 13L-15L for the car and keep it for at least 10 years. Now, in this range there are quite a few cars and it is becoming slightly difficult to put my finger on one and finalise it. And that's where the forum's knowledge can guide me here.

To summarize the requirements
  • Budget 13L-15L
  • Petrol variant as I do not see myself doing justice to a diesel with my yearly running (~6000km/year)
  • AT or MT both works.
  • Comfortable for daily drive and occasional long drives
  • Decent mileage 15+ kmpl
  • 6 Airbags for safety
  • Decent service center coverage and maintenance cost keeping mind of at least 10 years of ownership.

In an ideal scenario I'd like something that ticks all the boxes but I understand that no single car would do. With my basic knowledge, did some comparison of the specs of Brezza, Venue, Grand Vitara, Creta, Astor. Did not do much reading on Taigun and Kushaq as I felt that I was getting more for the same money on the other cars and it seemed a little too indulgent for my liking.

I visited Maruti to get a good look at Brezza and Vitara and somehow felt that it was too basic for the money that it was quoting for. 6 Airbags only in the top variants, the interior was pretty basic and one can see that they've cut costs wherever possible.

On the other hand I like the offering from Venue and Creta. Venue looks like a mini Creta as someone mentioned in one of the threads. The top two variants range between 12L-14.5L OTR, AT or MT.
Creta base variant starts at ~12L OTR and the S+ Knight is ~15.5L OTR.
Creta has 6 Airbags, ESC, Vehicle Stability Management, Hill Assist right from the base model and is a bigger car.

I'm now thinking is it better get a base model Creta E(Petrol) and accessorize them with
  • Rear Camera with parking guideline
  • Fog Lamps
  • Infotainment System and speakers
  • LED Head and Tail lamps
  • Rear Wiper and washer (Not sure if it can be done)
  • Rear Defogger (Not sure if it can be done)
  • Electrically adjustable and auto folding ORVM(Not sure if it can be done)
  • Alloy wheels (optional)

All of these put together would make the base variant ~13.5L. I'm not keen on after market additions that might hamper with the warranty of the car, so I've put the things that can be factory fitted as accessories. Please correct me if I'm wrong, new to the world of cars and I still get confused when someone says Accessorize it.

Things that are there in S+ Knight that I'd miss are Steering Mounted controls, Panaromic Sunroof, Automatic Climate control, Shark fin antenna and interior bling. S+ Knight costs around ~15.6L.

Another thing I noticed is that, on the web, Creta brochure says Rear Arm rest with cup holder for all variants, but the brochure the dealer showed said it is only from SX. Any thoughts on this?

So, in a nutshell I'm stuck with my thoughts as to whether these features are worth the 2.5L Rupees extra?!
I'd be super grateful if people can pour in their thoughts and help me arrive at a decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks