Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 16:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Creta - The Variant conundrum E(and accesorize it) or S+ Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udos_Gunner View Post
Hi All,

I've been looking to get my First car and have been reading about them in the forum and talking to people. We have an Alto and Ciaz(in laws') cars in our family and had been using them whenever we needed them, so the thought of getting one for ourselves never arose. We've shifted cities and think now is a right time to get one for ourselves.
I'm a sedate driver so not looking at something that is super indulgent or priortize the "fun to drive" aspect of it. I'd like something that is spacious and comfortable(not only for me, also for my wife) for daily drive and occasional road trips(once a quarter/half year). After discussing and going through the brochures of cars, we've decided to put aside 13L-15L for the car and keep it for at least 10 years. Now, in this range there are quite a few cars and it is becoming slightly difficult to put my finger on one and finalise it. And that's where the forum's knowledge can guide me here.

To summarize the requirements
  • Budget 13L-15L
  • Petrol variant as I do not see myself doing justice to a diesel with my yearly running (~6000km/year)
  • AT or MT both works.
  • Comfortable for daily drive and occasional long drives
  • Decent mileage 15+ kmpl
  • 6 Airbags for safety
  • Decent service center coverage and maintenance cost keeping mind of at least 10 years of ownership.
In an ideal scenario I'd like something that ticks all the boxes but I understand that no single car would do. With my basic knowledge, did some comparison of the specs of Brezza, Venue, Grand Vitara, Creta, Astor. Did not do much reading on Taigun and Kushaq as I felt that I was getting more for the same money on the other cars and it seemed a little too indulgent for my liking.

I visited Maruti to get a good look at Brezza and Vitara and somehow felt that it was too basic for the money that it was quoting for. 6 Airbags only in the top variants, the interior was pretty basic and one can see that they've cut costs wherever possible.

On the other hand I like the offering from Venue and Creta. Venue looks like a mini Creta as someone mentioned in one of the threads. The top two variants range between 12L-14.5L OTR, AT or MT.
Creta base variant starts at ~12L OTR and the S+ Knight is ~15.5L OTR.
Creta has 6 Airbags, ESC, Vehicle Stability Management, Hill Assist right from the base model and is a bigger car.

I'm now thinking is it better get a base model Creta E(Petrol) and accessorize them with
  • Rear Camera with parking guideline
  • Fog Lamps
  • Infotainment System and speakers
  • LED Head and Tail lamps
  • Rear Wiper and washer (Not sure if it can be done)
  • Rear Defogger (Not sure if it can be done)
  • Electrically adjustable and auto folding ORVM(Not sure if it can be done)
  • Alloy wheels (optional)
All of these put together would make the base variant ~13.5L. I'm not keen on after market additions that might hamper with the warranty of the car, so I've put the things that can be factory fitted as accessories. Please correct me if I'm wrong, new to the world of cars and I still get confused when someone says Accessorize it.

Things that are there in S+ Knight that I'd miss are Steering Mounted controls, Panaromic Sunroof, Automatic Climate control, Shark fin antenna and interior bling. S+ Knight costs around ~15.6L.

Another thing I noticed is that, on the web, Creta brochure says Rear Arm rest with cup holder for all variants, but the brochure the dealer showed said it is only from SX. Any thoughts on this?

So, in a nutshell I'm stuck with my thoughts as to whether these features are worth the 2.5L Rupees extra?!
I'd be super grateful if people can pour in their thoughts and help me arrive at a decision.
Deciding which car to finalize especially when you are planning to keep it for long is more difficult nowadays than ever because of so many options. Let me share my opinion( In No Particular order) as a fellow 1st gen 2019 Creta owner.

1.Venue is a good buy especially when it is a fully loaded car in your budget however the only gripe is that its a strictly 4 seater.It can accommodate 5 but it will be a challenge.Other than that I dont see any issues with it.

2. Creta has more space so if that is the priority go for it PLUS it get a sweet 1.5 Litre 4 cylinder engine as against 1.2 in the Venue.

3.I was in similar dilemma as yours but what held me back is the fit and finish you get from factory cannot be compared with a aftermarket accessorized vehicle.PLUS I cannot see my vehicle being opened up right after taking it out of the showroom.That's just me .

4.I would suggest you decide weather to follow the aftermarket route or buy an updated model by first making sure that all the after market accessories are HYUNDI OEM parts AND are available over the counter. Before delivery everyone promises that the accessories are all Hyundai OEM original accessories but later on they end up installing 3rd party accessories by saying its as good as OEM.Point being if you are installing 5 accessories first ensure they are all available on Hyundai MOBIS or are available with dealer as Original Hyundai OEM accessories.

5. If you go with the accessories how sure you are that the fit and finish will be close to factory fit? For this first make sure you find a installer who does the job perfectly or get it from the dealer. The reason I say to get it done from the dealer so that tomorrow if there is any issue you can hold him accountable and get the issue rectified from him. Outside shops unless they are very professional wont usually touch it after its done.Again it depends city to city. You do the homework and then decide.

6.The only issue you will face after installing after market accessories is the warranty claim which the dealer can deny at any point with all the silly reasons and they have the right to do that.So try to get the installation done from the dealer with the assurance that in case of issues they will help you to get the warranty claimed from manufacturer.

7. Manual Petrol Creta is not known for its mileage. So be prepared as you might not see 15+ mileage . In fact Hyundai petrols are never known for its fuel efficiency.I get 11 in Bangalore city and anywhere between 14-17 max on highways.Mine is 1.6 litre engine and current gen Creta gets 1.5 litre so might be additional 1 Km /litre.Check with other owners.

8. Creta suspension is spot on for a sedated driver like me and you. I have driven 16 hours straight without fatigue.So no worries from that aspect.

In a Nutshell try to get only those accessories which you absolutely need and the ones which are available as Hyundai original accessory for the sake of fit and finish..For the Head Unit go for a branded head unit and not the Chinese ones.Avoid any cutting or splicing of wires.
Let others also pitch in so that you can make an informed decision.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks