Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2020, 05:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen

Wow man, I really enjoyed your Polo thread a ton, and I was looking forward to another great thread from you for a long time now! Really nice mods there.

Btw, is that Mercedes in one of the parking lot photos modded too?

Drive safe.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 00:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Thats a pretty beefy set up for a swift!!
Not that yours is an ordinary swift by any means
Please tell me you have pictures of the brake set up!!
What tyres are you running and what size?
and finally the obligatory question,
Kitna deti hai? (WHP not KMPL )
Hey, I don’t currently have a photo of the brake setup, will take a few soon and put them up. But yes it does require such massive brakes.

I’m currently running Yokohama A Drive R1 Tyres which I plan on changing soon
205/50/R16. Might switch over to continental Mc5s or Michelin pilot sports not sure about this yet.

The car was last dyno tested by the previous owner. I do not have that dyno graph with me currently and do not want to reveal any power figures till I dyno the car myself. Let’s just say she makes ‘enough’ power to take down a stock polo GTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Wow man, I really enjoyed your Polo thread a ton, and I was looking forward to another great thread from you for a long time now! Really nice mods there.

Btw, is that Mercedes in one of the parking lot photos modded too?

Drive safe.

Thanks! I did very recently make another update to the polo thread.

Yes that’s a C63 AMG and it runs a full weistec blower and some other absolutely bonkers mods. More details about that car and it’s garage mates on my post here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ged-m3-23.html (Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3)
Ferrariwell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 01:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice builds. I remember driving these x-Zens and some of the first few turbo Swifts.

The Zens were truly terrifying, because they handled vaguely at best. The Swifts are far superior, and true Mini substitutes, but the gearbox and shafts always seemed to be the weak links. Looks like you have the same problem.

Do you think an LSD will enhance your driving experience by helping put the power down clean? If you want to scare yourself further, get a different cold side on the turbo. Might actually make it easier to drive in the lower RPMs.
Old 10th April 2020, 01:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Many congratulations. Both the cars have been very tastefully built. Loved the report and rating it a well deserved 5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Zen Carbon. B-Zen

Re-Inforced chassis
Would love to learn more about this. Which areas were specially reinforced and in what way? Some pics would be great.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 11th April 2020, 15:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Nice builds. I remember driving these x-Zens and some of the first few turbo Swifts.

The Zens were truly terrifying, because they handled vaguely at best. The Swifts are far superior, and true Mini substitutes, but the gearbox and shafts always seemed to be the weak links. Looks like you have the same problem.

Do you think an LSD will enhance your driving experience by helping put the power down clean? If you want to scare yourself further, get a different cold side on the turbo. Might actually make it easier to drive in the lower RPMs.
Thank you. Yes the handling is rather bad I want to experiment with different shock and springs to see if that might change anything.
The swift is definitely the faster of the 2 by a mile but the zen feels more connected even with its vague at best EPS.
The LSD may not improve the driving experience by a lot as a whole but will definitely make the cars quicker especially if I decide to use these cars competitively in the future (not that I ever see myself doing it right now)
Currently the swift is running a very low boost setting (0.7 bar) for what it’s egine can handle with the forged internals. To be honest I am happy with the power it makes. But yes I could do with better low end drivability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Many congratulations. Both the cars have been very tastefully built. Loved the report and rating it a well deserved 5*

Would love to learn more about this. Which areas were specially reinforced and in what way? Some pics would be great.

Regards,
Shashi
Thank You. When the car was stripped a few pieces of metal were added to the monocoque so that it could handle the extra weight and brunt of the engine. This was mostly on the front apron. I sadly do not have any pictures with me of these parts.
Old 13th April 2020, 05:18   #21
BHPian

Following you since the Vento was stock in color, going well suneet. Keep up the grind, love both the builds <3
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 13:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow Suneet! You've got the very two cars that I'd dreamed of owning in my late teens and early twenties! The sheer simplicity and thrill of owning a quick, inexpensive yet reliable car is something one has to experience to really appreciate them.

Have spotted your Zen a few times around at night. Would love to experience your car/s in person some time in the near future. Perhaps once this lockdown ends...
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 22:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Following you since the Vento was stock in color, going well suneet. Keep up the grind, love both the builds <3
Thanks Utsav! I remember when we first interacted I was into VWs and you had a Suzuki, Ohh how the tables have turned now! Love your rims on the GT TSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Wow Suneet! You've got the very two cars that I'd dreamed of owning in my late teens and early twenties! The sheer simplicity and thrill of owning a quick, inexpensive yet reliable car is something one has to experience to really appreciate them.

Have spotted your Zen a few times around at night. Would love to experience your car/s in person some time in the near future. Perhaps once this lockdown ends...
Thanks Saumil I absolutely agree with you. I love the raw unadulterated feel one gets while driving these cars. Don’t miss the picture of Rajs abarth and the swift together!

For sure we can plan something once the whole lock down is over and done with.
Old 19th July 2020, 23:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Saw your Swift today and drove alongside it from Pedder Road to Ceejay house. Sounds very nice, and I love the fact that you've managed to get both the exhausts working. I was remarking that the car looked tasteful, and seemed quick, and then I realised it was you!
Old 25th July 2020, 21:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Saw your Swift today and drove alongside it from Pedder Road to Ceejay house. Sounds very nice, and I love the fact that you've managed to get both the exhausts working. I was remarking that the car looked tasteful, and seemed quick, and then I realised it was you!
Thank You, was this some time in the afternoon? Finally got some clear weather and roads that Sunday so decided to take the swift out. What car were you in ?

A Small Update

With our not so trusty vento 1.6TDI sold and with the monsoon coming in I had to put the B zen into storage for some time & hence rose the need for a daily run about so we got another 1.6 Cult Classic!

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-c8f7fdc0ef0c4f2bb077cfca9a0ce1a2.jpeg

This will almost all of the time be used to by mum as a daily run about and seldom by me. As a result of which I haven’t driven her much much but I’d say out of the box this is definitely one of the tightest handling cars ever to be made in our country. The gearbox is absolutely spot on although the brakes could definitely use some improvement.
I found this car as a non runner and to bring her to this condition was no short of a task but I shall reveal all those details on a different occasion. For now all I can say this is the probably cleanest 1.6S in Bombay right now. This car is best enjoyed stock and will remain that way

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-d30d9bed43e2437b94e9a7c69c3a64c6.jpeg

My beloved B-Zen has been retired from daily duties and now has been put into storage for the rains.

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-400fc1d1c01d47fababa83a3d222ae07.jpeg

The Goblin got it’s yearly maintenance done and I aim to drive this car more it just hit me that I’ve barely put any kms on this car myself!
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-dca8fa1d59ff4fcc8ee1da9f5b90734b.jpeg
Ferrariwell is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 22:38   #26
BHPian

Great to see Someone having 2 tuned Suzukis (Maruti). Both cars look great and Im sure is a treat to drive as well. Do share some pics of swift engine bay, would love to see them.
swiftboost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 16:28   #27
BHPian

With the monsoon coming to an end and winter soon approaching finally decided to take the swift out of its long term storage. Thanks to the car not being used extensively for the last 6 months she needed a bit of sprucing up!

Also decided to Re-tune the car as I found it to be running way too rich when at lower RPMs/idle more over the old map was tuned to run on speed97 so I decided to make the switch over to 99 octane fuel. This infact made the biggest difference I’m told. Decided to use N1 Racing’s mustang Dyno and the car sure did not disappoint.
For a car which is 13 years old and has over 75,000kms on the clock I am very happy. Would highly recommend N1 racing’s dyno services as well they will only entertain you if you take an appointment and they take a while to give you one but the amount of accuracy and the number of parameters their dyno provides is state of the art. In very simple terms from what I understood the mustang dyno N1 uses is able to measure the accurate horsepower at the wheels in real scenarios on the road by applying an eddy current (basically a resisting force) that’s calibrated based on the weight of the car & how long it takes to reach a certain speed for example 50mph. The numbers you’ll get on this dyno will be far less compared to what you get on an inertia dyno which doesn’t have the eddy current but the mustang dyno will be far more accurate of what is possible in the real world. This highly benefits cars like mine which have a number of parameters that need to be fine tuned.
I was given the chance to up the boost pressure, right now I run low boost and this engine certainly has more to give with the forged internals in place but keeping in mind the goblin is a teenager now and still running the original engine it left the factory with I decided to hold off and keep it happy.

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-3fa583d85435427fb20e93f7e5a0f92a.jpeg

For those who wanted to see the brakes.

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-8463d319de274ca7923f680c8057c0ee.jpeg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-5214c9bcdf7b450096ee1a35648aa1ea.jpeg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-3d95a7a2ac2146ab87daa32eb492d890.jpeg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fda1692f583e485998c3ca0774715c51.jpeg

We had to take off the bumper cover to fit the wide-band 02 sensor

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-90f66cb6273e4271b041d6f6701cf735.jpeg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-7653755696fc44d5a87c7aefff07f230.jpeg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-6a16c554906a42bea216ca2cd99ee03b.jpeg
A video of the multiple runs we did
Old 19th September 2020, 18:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
In very simple terms from what I understood the mustang dyno N1 uses is able to measure the accurate horsepower at the wheels
Your graph only shows the horsepower at crank. How much did the car actually put out at the wheels?
Old 2nd October 2020, 22:36   #29
JHS

Just came across this thread. That is a lovely duo you have Ferrariwell. I can't send PM's yet and wanted to ask you what you think would be a reasonable price for a 1.3 swapped Zen Carbon that is up for sale. It has a stage 2 intake, BMC air filter, free flow exhaust, 14" wheels, lowering springs and racing seats. Others who may have an idea of the value of these cars may also chip in.
JHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:08   #30
JHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
Just came across this thread.
Just wanted to ask again if anyone can help me with this. I am about to make a decision and don't want to end up overpaying for the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks