Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2020, 21:45   #1
BHPian

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen

I happen to be one of those people who simply does not care about features or creature comforts in a car. To me everything comes 2nd to the experience one gets while driving a certain car.

Zen Carbon. B-Zen

G16 Baleno engine, ecu + gearbox swap
Highlift Camshaft upgrade
0 Slip Clutch
Automech Full system exhaust
K&N intake
Interiors wrapped in Kahn Design leather
Zen D Shocks
Re-Inforced chassis
Automech Strut bars

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498299741.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498307717.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498313614.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498311139.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498302513.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498290171.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-fb_img_1585498304912.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-6783755b5aca4d1da5b5078c2b01831a.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-490a20b3f89e4339a3208c2f6f883de4.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-1796207faf9e4a99aa40e294b6760de2.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-4bd0f017a6a547fd9965dfd5cc9969c2.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-5bb5c92f86f843859ab4951baec6711e.jpeg

A small city cruiser/bruiser. If I were to describe this car in one word that would be effortless. It's very simple to drive so much so even my mum often takes it to work and back. At part throttle it feels no different from a stock Zen carbon to drive and thanks to the nice seats is very comfortable as well. In any gear at any speed press the loud pedal a little more and an absolute hooligan is unleashed. Anything more than half throttle this car is an absolute beast, you feel the front end lift up on every upshift accompanied by an occasional pop from the exhaust system. Floor it at a stop light and you'll just stand there for a good second surrounded by smoke from the endlessly spinning tyres. Launch it right though and the speedometer barely manages to keep up and after a certain speed becomes very inaccurate and then just gives up completely. Having one of these cars had been a long time dream and this is exactly how I imagined it to be, can't think @salilpawar1 for giving me the it's now or never pep talk . This car is very bi-polar one can usually find me driving well past midnight on the empty streets of south Bombay and this is one car that is equally fast as is it comfortable at 3AM as it is at 3PM.

Turbo Swift/Goblin

Haltch Sprint ECU
Forged Pistons
Garrett GT20 Turbo
Turbo Intercooler with full Silicone Plumbing
Custom Twin Exhaust
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Fidanza Performance Flywheel
Tien Superstreet adjustable Suspension with Electronic Damping Force Control (16 settings for front and rear independently)
Original Suzuki Swift Sport front and rear bumpers
16" Sparco Assetto Garra Wheels
D1Spec 6 pot Big Brake Kit up front (320mm slotted rotors)
Toora adjustable Race Seats
Takata 5 Point Race Harness
Toora Deep Dish Race Steering Wheel
Defi Boost Gauge
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-a751ee3a844241808d1da3afc661e813.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-c23e51cff0774d3fb35af432babe15fc.jpeg
Attachment 1990144
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-48b1463daca542bd804cd9018bf0ed6a.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-2a56bf5177df4855a1a5220d7c5f063e.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-37383ee60cb84e7083b84c5ae56bd8c8.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-bf93e98d33824a61a30b66c6dcbf4fc2.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-a77422a5c14a43c5ac6420c817e517ce.jpeg
Click image for larger version

Name:	37383EE60CB84E7083B84C5AE56BD8C8.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	1990142
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF93E98D33824A61A30B66C6DCBF4FC2.jpeg
Views:	341
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1990143Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-1a5f2f2652ff4271b58442944a2b3ebe.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-88079f475676474f899890fcd1c78736.jpeg
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-ab1cf6aefdb54a40ac2a6d4439e72c0c.jpeg

Some people might recognise this car as the Goblin swift, the infamous acid green swift that was built close to a decade ago. This car on the other hand is out and out thoroughbred race car. One has to be strapped in the clutch is grabby and takes some getting used to there is no radio there is no ABS, this is one car that demands your full attention while driving. This car takes some getting used to and can't be driven by just about anyone like B-Zen. One must get to know the car to get best results. You have to be very gradual with this car you can only floor it at the right time in the right gear. Not doing so only leads to something breaking as I learnt on only the 3rd day of having this car. (She completely shredded 2nd gear going up walkeshwar slope). All in all this car is very very quick and supremely well balanced. 6 piston brakes stop this car on a dime along with the trick suspension that is very very comfortable yet keeps the car stable one can take corners at mind numbing speeds with ease. Although this car unlike the Zen is very annoying to live with on a day to day basis, one can barely move once strapped in the clutch is very grabby and in traffic she tends to run very rich. This car is purely a point A to point A car.

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-09913db01f7a45e7a63f362bcb7b8ddf.jpeg

If you’ve made it this far you’d probably be thinking both these cars are pretty similar, after all they were made by the same manufacturer at the same factory only 4 years apart and both have been extensively modified. That could not be any more far from the truth both of these cars have a very different character from one another. The zen can be both a saint and a sinner, it’s a very easy car to drive slow and it’s bliss in traffic. This car also gives fantastic fuel economy (pardon me for discussing something so unholy when it comes to these cars but I am an Indian after all) she returns 15-16kmpl easily big n/a engine combined with a weightless car results(accidentally) in a very fuel efficient car. At the same time when all the stars align and you get that empty stretch of road the devil inside the car comes out. It’s very very difficult to control under hard throttle, the brakes are wooden with no ABS and with anything more than half the brake pedal pressed the back end goes light and starts to step out of line. At the same time there are no Anti roll bars and there’s only so much strut bars and dampners can help you. This results in massive body rolls and taking any sort of corner in this thing is downright dangerous after 60kmph. This where the swift triumphs thanks to the tein superstreet coilovers the car corners absolutely flat even at triple digit speeds. The suspension hardness is adjustable on the fly and even on the softest setting one can easily out corner most newer sedans. However don’t for one second let the ride quality fool you into thinking this is some sort of softy. It’s equally terrifying as the zen probably more so as the zen is only terrifying when driving fast, this is terrifying almost all of the time. One has to be very careful while driving the car since all the stock parts are on the absolute limit of their threshold capacities in this car. For starters a car that originally had around 90hp now is pushing almost double to the wheels. (dyno figures done by the previous owner) Gearboxes half shafts and smaller bearings are things that have a high failure rate on this car. The clutch too takes a bit of getting used to as it is a bit grabby and one needs to ride the clutch a bit more than usual to set off. The radio had been ditched in favour of a massive boost gauge and a kill switch there’s also a fire extinguisher under the passenger seat which doesn’t really boost my confidence lol. Drive it smoothly though and the car rewards you in numerous ways one has to be very very gradual with the throttle on this car. Even on a fully empty straight road I rarely find myself at full throttle in this car. It just seems much more happier at part throttle and that’s enough to take out anyone who’s trying to ‘chase’ you. The gearbox is super smooth but I intend on doing something about it since it keeps failing and limits the top speed of the car to whats max on the speedo . If you do cross the limit in this car it will bite you. It does suffer from lift off oversteer at times and the Yokohama a Drive R1s shod on the car have well passed their use by date. (suggestions anyone ? ) This car also only drinks 97/99 octane and knocks on regular petrol that combined with its super rich safe tune results in an average 6-7Kmpl sometimes even 3 if driven only in boost. In short what I’m trying to conclude is the swift is easier to drive fast than the zen but a terrible car to live with in traffic and day to day to life where the zen aces.

So what’s similar between the two of them ?
Well they both have a nice A/C system
They both are begging for a limited slip differential
They both scare the daylight’s out of me but I love driving them anyway. Maybe the zen a little more.
Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-4cca8792eeb54512a0d516d14b3f5704.jpeg

Last edited by Ferrariwell : 7th April 2020 at 23:32.
Ferrariwell is offline   (100) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 07:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Modifications Section. Thanks for sharing!

Your Super Suzukis are shortly going to our homepage
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 10:36   #3
BHPian

True enthusiast Ferrariwell !!
Both your Suzuki's are well spc'd and a Pocket Rocket. I love your Zen more than Swift.
Wish MSIL brings back Zen Carbon/Steel.
ash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:08   #4
BHPian

These cars harkens to the nascent days of TBhp. EZens, Bzens, mivec transplants were all the rage back then.

Delighted that someone has kept that legacy alive. Without a doubt, the zen is the winner.
Manoj2268 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 11:43   #5
BHPian

So happy to see proper tuned cars here instead of just cosmetic modifications, proper enthusiast and awesome cars. I've stumbled upon few videos of the Turbo Swift on Instagram, it sounds great.
Revmatch99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 12:29   #6
BHPian

I love those wheels on the Zen . In an era of multi spoke 'diamond finish' nonsense, thse 5 spokes shine through! They seem very familiar though - which wheels are these?

Additionally - would you know of anybody having done an engine swap on an A-Star?
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 13:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

When it is scary to own one modified car, you have two of them. One being NA is quite a relief though. Any pics of engine bay though? It would be safe to have oil pressure gauge since you have plenty of space near the boost gauge. And also an AFR. Probably you ECU already supports the wiring and you are already monitoring those. Man those Teins will make you feel like God. I have set on my Civic and boy what a crime to keep stock suspension. What engine oil do you use?
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 13:54   #8
BHPian

You have not one but two crazily modified cars!
I just love the color of the Carbon, it just looks distinctive and the alloys compliment it well.
You have really done those things which some of us just dream of! Hats off to you for maintaining these cars so well.
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 15:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great thread Suneet. Droolworthy cars - they have got the perfect owner to take care of them. Would love to see the Swift someday.

Guys, if you all think it's a handful for him to manage 2 modified Suzuki's, you should ask him about certain 1.6 German

Last edited by samaspire : 8th April 2020 at 15:30.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 16:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
These cars harkens to the nascent days of TBhp. EZens, Bzens, mivec transplants were all the rage back then.

Delighted that someone has kept that legacy alive. Without a doubt, the zen is the winner.
Absolutely & I remember being a young boy who would read about these threads and admire them on team bhp with the dreams of building my own version some day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmatch99 View Post
So happy to see proper tuned cars here instead of just cosmetic modifications, proper enthusiast and awesome cars. I've stumbled upon few videos of the Turbo Swift on Instagram, it sounds great.
Thanks here is a video with the sound of the BOV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
I love those wheels on the Zen . In an era of multi spoke 'diamond finish' nonsense, thse 5 spokes shine through! They seem very familiar though - which wheels are these?

Additionally - would you know of anybody having done an engine swap on an A-Star?
Hey, those are standard Maruti zen 3 door wheels just refinished in gun metal grey. I believe they were also offered on some models of the wagon R. They are made by aura. I haven’t heard of anyone do an engine swap on an A star but don’t see why it can’t be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
When it is scary to own one modified car, you have two of them. One being NA is quite a relief though. Any pics of engine bay though? It would be safe to have oil pressure gauge since you have plenty of space near the boost gauge. And also an AFR. Probably you ECU already supports the wiring and you are already monitoring those. Man those Teins will make you feel like God. I have set on my Civic and boy what a crime to keep stock suspension. What engine oil do you use?
Hey, the car used to have an AFR gauge but I like the cleaner look it has now, rest assured as you mentioned the ecu does monitor all values and incase of any discrepancies it safely kills the engine & may prevent it from starting. The car currently runs Motul engine oil I will check and PM you the viscosity in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
Just a clarification,
How do you handle the Zen Carbon Engine swap on the legal side?
is the new Engine number updated in the RC? If so, What is the procedure and costs involved?
Share some light on that, please.
Hey this is a bit of complicated process. Engine swaps have always been a bit of a grey area in India. However this swap was done at an authorised Maruti dealer (who has since shut shop). The car was also off the road for almost 2 years after the swap owing to expired fitness and RC. I bought this car as is and all the paperwork was in order besides the rc and fitness which I have since renewed as well without any hassles. If you have any more queries I will be happy to answer them on PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Great thread Suneet. Droolworthy cars - they have got the perfect owner to take care of them. Would love to see the Swift someday.

Guys, if you all think it's a handful for him to manage 2 modified Suzuki's, you should ask him about certain 1.6 German
Thanks Samarth Bhai! If you’re ever in Mumbai please feel free to drop by.

Haha, the German 1.6 is closer to you currently Samarth Bhai. Haven’t seen her in almost 1.5 months now!
Ferrariwell is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 16:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is the Zen painted in Midnight Purple ? What is the colour code for it ?
Old 8th April 2020, 17:34   #12
BHPian

Yo Ferrariwell, that's a nice and concisely summed up review of both the monsters in your garage, thankfully I've had the privilege of riding in both of them ! I can never forget the first time I sat in the BZen for a drive on the Eastern Freeway, oh man was I blown away !

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-67323053_592883311239006_3159642652433636627_n.jpg

Super Suzukis! Garrett-powered Swift & G16-powered Zen-68692618_960867000912503_7392640645414899689_n.jpg
Here's a picture of my all stock 1513 with a slightly modded MPFI Zen along with the Purple Monster ! I can't believe that 1513 and the Purple Monster are almost 8 years apart !

PS:- What a fun drive this was!
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th April 2020, 22:30   #13
BHPian

The Zen looks familiar. Was it part of the C63/Aston/Scud garage at any point in time?

About the Swift, do you need an uprated clutch to handle the power? Gearbox not keeping up with the power is sheer injustice.

As someone already mentioned, this thread brings back memories of days when actual mods ruled over laptop coded ecu tunes. Kudos to you for owning the two beauties.
Old 8th April 2020, 23:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBug_06 View Post
Yo Ferrariwell, that's a nice and concisely summed up review of both the monsters in your garage, thankfully I've had the privilege of riding in both of them ! I can never forget the first time I sat in the BZen for a drive on the Eastern Freeway, oh man was I blown away !

PS:- What a fun drive this was!
Haha, I remember that day vividly one of the few days I got to enjoy B zen to its full potential! Was a lovely drive indeed. Many more to come hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
The Zen looks familiar. Was it part of the C63/Aston/Scud garage at any point in time?

About the Swift, do you need an uprated clutch to handle the power? Gearbox not keeping up with the power is sheer injustice.

As someone already mentioned, this thread brings back memories of days when actual mods ruled over laptop coded ecu tunes. Kudos to you for owning the two beauties.
Hey, no it was never a part of that garage but it does occasionally share garage space with those cars in the more literal sense.

The car runs a stage 1 exedy clutch and a lightened fly wheel, it’s not the gearboxes fault as much as it is the gear ratios will fiddle around with this and see what’s possible in the future
Thanks !
Ferrariwell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 02:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post

D1Spec 6 pot Big Brake Kit up front (320mm slotted rotors)
Thats a pretty beefy set up for a swift!!
Not that yours is an ordinary swift by any means
Please tell me you have pictures of the brake set up!!
What tyres are you running and what size?
and finally the obligatory question,
Kitna deti hai? (WHP not KMPL )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks