Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 11:35   #61
BANNED

Re: Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India

Howsoever hard these peope may try to to perk up their looks with this trend, they will always be regarded by the onlookers as the people who have overspent on their car with no money left to replace a damaged rear bumper.
Old 26th October 2020, 13:03   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
I bet even the Swift without plates is from Kerala. That would make it 4/4, not counting the lambo.
The swift is also from Kerala. I distinctly remember seeing that car in some car page on instagram. Tasteful mods are appreciated by everyone. But this? It's ruining the beauty of the car no matter what other mods are done on them.
Old 26th October 2020, 14:31   #63
BHPian

Unless we were living in Gotham, fighting crime and riding our cars like the Batmobile, these would look great. Otherwise its a big safety hazard. Don't like this trend at all!
Old 26th October 2020, 14:46   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post

How stupid! It serves little purpose with these cars and IMHO, looks horrible as well...
I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Was it Bisimoto that first did / popularized this trend?
I think it was Underground Racing that started it with their MK1 Gallardo's back in the day.
Old 26th October 2020, 16:30   #65
BHPian

I used to think that such ridiculous things are only seen during fashion shows as in the name of latest trend, fashion designers throw up some ridiculous idea to the public and sometimes we have seen some of those random things catch up for sometime and later (once better sense prevails) they look plain dumb and ugly. So is the case with this imo. But if this catches up, it may be a good time for someone looking to replace the car bumper as lot of oversupply of good bumpers will come to the market.
Old 26th October 2020, 16:59   #66
BHPian

Stupid mod whatsoever.

But for the folks wondering about the Bumper deleted cars of Kerala, we even have bonnet deleted cars here.

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-92376782_123407552636337_1931527464317882987_n.jpg

Maybe its put back when the car is on highway, not sure.

Last edited by kamilharis : 26th October 2020 at 17:03.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:06   #67
BHPian

Well, this is the first time that I am aware that this is a modification. I think I have seen cars like these, but so far I had always thought that the bumper had been torn off in an accident. A downright silly and ugly modification, if you ask me!
Old 26th October 2020, 17:37   #68
BHPian

Agreed that the trend is dumb and people are trying to make their alto's into mad max vehicles.

Never the less I would like a car with a transparent shell like the one used by Shell

Old 26th October 2020, 18:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Removing rear bumper as a modification to look good or gain attention? Not commenting on super cars but others look ugly

During 1990's there was a guy in our neighbourhood who used to remove front and rear bumpers temporarily for a specific purpose - to avoid requisition by Government. He had an Ambassador car with transport registration running for a PSU under contract. During election time when there was requisition of vehicles, he used to remove both front and rear bumpers so that vehicle look ugly, hoping that it would not be requisitioned and he was successful
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:01   #70
BHPian

Is it only in Kerala that this trend has come up? I have not seen anything like these contraptions in kolkata or Hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
During 1990's there was a guy in our neighbourhood who used to remove front and rear bumpers temporarily for a specific purpose - to avoid requisition by Government.
Haha, i have seen this as well and it was common practice then. My father used to work for a PSU and his office ambassador always used to have denting and painting work during election times with brown patches all over. Hope to see that as a 'modification' trend.
saion666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 21:14   #71
BHPian

Stupid herds mentality of following trend which is not safe.

Already rear bumper of the modern car serves little purpose. Now deleting it will completely will also eliminate valuable shock absorbing crumple zone.
Old 26th October 2020, 22:36   #72
BHPian

The only indian car that can do justice to this trend is Tata Nano. I am sure doing it when i get one.
Entsurgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 08:34   #73
BHPian

From the pics it seems to be a trend amongst KL registered cars. Not seen this atleast in the whole of Maharashtra. Removal of body work certainly ruins the looks of the vehicle and also makes it dangerous for the vehicle itself and other road users.

There are many other ways to save weight. Infact the drivers of these cars should first start with their own creature comforts rather than making the car less road worthy. How about getting rid of the entire Airconditioning system. Removing the compressor, condenser, fan motor and the entire componentary will help with atleast 50kgs. Sound system with speakers delete atleast 5-7 kgs. Removal of passenger seat and rear seat. All carpets and insulation. Replace side window glasses with plastic. Of course pricier options are carbon fibre body panels.

There are lots of options as everyone can see.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th October 2020 at 09:21. Reason: Extra smiley removed
KKapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 10:25   #74
BHPian

As they say, "everyone is a gangster until a real gangster walks into the room."
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-images-38.jpeg  

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-images-37.jpeg  

Malhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 12:20   #75
BHPian

Whoa.. All the 4 cars from the pictures from the opening post look as if they were heavily rear-ended and the owners had no money/insurance claim to fix it

Someone really has the wrong idea about "weight reduction" here. Wrong influences from movies also has to do with these outright dumb ideas.

Last edited by TangoSierra : 27th October 2020 at 12:23. Reason: added little more text
TangoSierra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks