Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2020, 12:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India

I saw one M800 outside Urvashi Theater, Lalbagh , Bangalore. I first thought poor dude lost his bumper to a BMTC, then I was reminded of this thread. Couldnt take a pic, was horrendous to look at.

In Hindsight, the NANO is the only eligible Indian candidate for this mod/style.
One needs a shiny exhaust chrome and may be a quirky paint job to complement the naked look.

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-nano-rear.jpg
svsantosh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 19:10   #77
BHPian

It reminds me of few trends:

- Adding formula one look alike tail lights on every other car which
blink/flicker when brakes are applied.
- Removing or chopping off the rear fender of bikes to make 'em look like
wanna be superbikes.
- Changing handle bars to clip-ons again wanna be superbike.
- Adding a neon glow tag in the rear tow hook and so on.

Instead of following the mad sheep herd mentality, folks should understand the practical purpose of making any such modifications and if it would be aesthetically pleasing as well. Most of these trends blindly copied are rather impractical, while some may be good to the eye but this bumper delete on daily cars is just horrendous.

Last edited by Shanky_1002 : 27th October 2020 at 19:14.
Old 28th October 2020, 10:37   #78
BHPian

When they remove the rear bumper where do they put the number plate?

If this trend of emperor's new clothes keep on gaining strength soon we would see vehicles sporting full "naked" look, see below:
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-stockphotodriverdrivingwithoutcar158693429.jpg  

king of cochin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 15:52   #79
BHPian

I can understand the lambo with the rear bumper delete, it actually does look menacing, but the innova swift and baleno look so dumb ( no offense to the owners, but it really does ). If I see that on the road things that come to my mind are not menacing or mean or anything along those lines, I'm just going to assume those are accident cars that haven't yet fixed the rear bumper back for some reason

What are they trying to do, go one up against maruti and make 2 star to 0 star car? Haha.

Last edited by SaiSW : 28th October 2020 at 15:54.
Old 29th October 2020, 06:40   #80

I think the attitude smacks of elitism. Why is it OK for a Lambo to run around without a bumper but not for a Baleno/Polo?

An Illegal Mod is an illegal mod regardless. The next obvious question would be, Is the exhaust on the Lambo legal?

It's quite hilarious, the way we go out of the way to make excuses for the rich.
Sr71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 09:03   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr71 View Post
I think the attitude smacks of elitism. Why is it OK for a Lambo to run around without a bumper but not for a Baleno/Polo?

An Illegal Mod is an illegal mod regardless.
Any mod is illegal. The modification on the Lambo is just as illegal as on the Nano. I wonder how the KL cars, especially, are surviving the stringent RTO checks happening here.

BUT - legality aside - I don't think any other car can carry off the aesthetics of this mod better than a Lambo, except for maybe Nolan's version of Batmobile . I feel Lambos are the reason this trend even exists.

Here's a couple of cars from abroad -

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-thebespokespec2020_10_29_08_36.jpg

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-thebespokespec2019_03_13_15_46.jpg

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-texas_tint_techs2020_10_29_08_53.jpg

In comparison, everything else just looks silly - that includes the just as 'elite' Ferrari -

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-_pacwolf_2020_10_29_08_51.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:45   #82
Team-BHP Support

Came across this Alto on social media, with a similar modification -

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-modz_own_countryphoto2021_03_02_11_42.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:33   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

^ The deodorant bottle , fart can and re-threaded tires, what not to like!
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:42   #84
Team-BHP Support

You need something like this to pull off rear bumper delete:

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-maxresdefault6.jpg

Rear Bumper Delete : Silly new trend catching on in India-twinturboc8corvetteshowssavagelaunchcontrolsoundslikeariot_1.jpg

Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:25   #85
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe it's just me, but I find these bumper delete modifications very very ugly. The bumper is an aesthetic part of a car, which is meant to hide all the mechanical ugliness behind it. No matter what kind of exhaust system or engine configuration it hides, I find this modification hideous.

It reminds me of a kind of modification that was treading on motorcycles a few years ago. Cutting the front half of the mudguard or completely taking it off.
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:52   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
^ The deodorant bottle
Think it's a fire extinguisher. Maybe it's to put out the fire that will shoot out of the exhaust like it does on supercars and the way the exhaust is placed, if it shoots out flames, the tyres will catch fire.
Avinash_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:24   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Came across this Alto on social media, with a similar modification -
I just wonder how much effort do they put in to clean the car after a drive on a rainy day or for that matter on a dusty road.
Old 4th March 2021, 23:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I find these bumper delete modifications very very ugly. The bumper is an aesthetic part of a car, which is meant to hide all the mechanical ugliness behind it. No matter what kind of exhaust system or engine configuration it hides, I find this modification hideous.

It reminds me of a kind of modification that was treading on motorcycles a few years ago. Cutting the front half of the mudguard or completely taking it off.
The trend was mostly started by aftermarket companies who made titanium exhausts for Lamborghinis and wanted to show off their colorful and beautifully crafted creations. Because otherwise very few people would ever notice the amount of craftsmanship that goes into hand-welding a pie-cut titanium exhaust. They are essentially able to charge a higher price because it looks easier on the eyes.
Old 26th April 2021, 16:20   #89
BHPian

I can relate this trend to that of wrist watches that come with transparent dials. The see-through dials will let you see the beautiful machine in action!

To have an equivalent effect on a car, it has to be a rear engine one which has something to show off. Removing the rear bumper of a front engine car just does not make sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks