Team-BHP - Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/2294-tyre-pressure-gauge-portable-inflator-pump-foot-pump-67.html)

Bought TUSA TYRE INFLATOR

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-20230628_221437.jpg

Finally bought a Tusa inflator after searching, reading its reviews, and also watching some Youtube videos.

Initial Review after using 2 days

I inflated 4 tires of Mercedes, 4 tires of Compass, and 2 tires of RR310

Positives

1. Noise is on the lower side in comparison to other inflators.

2. It took 50 seconds to inflate my 225/45 R17 tire from 22 psi to 35 psi.

3. Very nice build quality, feels very premium.

4. Length of the cable is more than sufficient.

5.Backlit screen helps in Night.

Neutral

1. It takes 7- 10 seconds to measure the accurate tire pressure.

2. The torch power is low.

3. Cable length is good but the air pressure pipe length is short.

4. On one tire, I set the required tire pressure to 32 psi. So Tusa started to inflate it from 28 psi. Then it stopped at 32 psi but after a second it showed a tire pressure of 35 psi. ( So it is accurate 90% of the time)

5. Price is Rs 2900 which is on the higher side.

I heard that customer support is nice for Tusa products.

Inside the box, they give a card on which it is written to register the product online for 6 months warranty ( 6+6), plus they will ship a free magnetic phone holder once you share a screenshot of the Amazon review.

Bought Qubo Smart Tyre Inflator PRO. Never owned/used a portable tyre Inflator before.
Used it on my BMW X3 and there seems to be a difference of 1 psi between tyre pressure displayed by BMW TPMS and what's set on tyre inflator.

Product is compact and well built. Looks great and works well. Comes with a good quality pouch. Did not notice 'heating' issues. Noise level is acceptable.

The only missing thing is a velcro cable strap to organize the cable and backlit switches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 5575364)
Bought Qubo Smart Tyre Inflator PRO. Never owned/used a portable tyre Inflator before.
Used it on my BMW X3 and there seems to be a difference of 1 psi between tyre pressure displayed by BMW TPMS and what's set on tyre inflator.

I bought the Qubo Inflator Pro, and noticed the pressure difference too on my tpms. Is it because of the little air that is lost when removing the inflator from the tire’s valve?

I’m using sensairy internal tpms, and they claim 1psi accuracy, so not sure if that’s what’s happening here either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vattyboy (Post 5575182)
they will ship a free magnetic phone holder once you share a screenshot of the Amazon review.

This actually confirms the hunch by which I chose not to buy Tusa. It's just another rebranded imported product which is striving by incentivised reviews. If it's a good non-private brand, they are likely to sell on other platforms too; Tusa doesn't. Whenever I see a card that offers an incentive for review in a package, I know I made a wrong choice. In this case, the price you paid included their cost of giving away the phone holder!

Can dear members help me with my purchase decision? I need a tyre inflator for my XUV700 - I also ordered the MS Extender which should be arriving by tomorrow so no issues with the length (hopefully). I have used the following tyre inflators preciously:
  1. Michelin 12266 - Good but takes a while to fully inflate from 20 psi, probably due to its compact nature. I have used it on the Creta for a few years now.
  2. Windek - Don't know the model number. I purchased it for the Kwid in 2017 or thereabouts. Not the best build quality and it used to shut off after 2-3 minutes of usage sometimes. Gave it away.

Combing the thread as well as Amazon India, I came across a few tyre inflators but need help deciding which. I also would be more comfortable with a digital readout:
  1. VIAIR 85P - Priced around 7200 on Swastikfabs. It's a bit expensive and has an analogue display but considering the company's glowing reviews, I am tempted to get one. However, on specifications listed it mentions 0-30 PSI for R18 at 2 minutes 50 seconds. However, 0 to 30 would be in a rare scenario so I am okay with that.
  2. Michelin 12314 - Priced at 6841 rupees on Amazon. Around 9 reviews on Amazon but unsure of whether it would be better than the VIAIR. Mentions 0-35 PSI (unknown tyre size) at 1.30 minutes.

Would appreciate the help. I am not averse to trying out tyre inflators from other brands as well. Thank you everyone :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadewilson (Post 5617295)
I need a tyre inflator for my XUV700 - I also ordered the MS Extender which should be arriving by tomorrow so no issues with the length (hopefully).

I have used the following tyre inflators preciously:
Michelin 12266 - Good but takes a while to fully inflate from 20 psi, probably due to its compact nature.
Windek - Not the best build quality and it used to shut off after 2-3 minutes of usage sometimes.

I also would be more comfortable with a digital readout:

VIAIR 85P - 0-30 PSI for R18 at 2 minutes 50 seconds. However, 0 to 30 would be in a rare scenario so I am okay with that.
Michelin 12314 - Mentions 0-35 PSI (unknown tyre size) at 1.30 minutes.

I am not averse to trying out tyre inflators from other brands as well. Thank you everyone :)

Checked the specifications of the two models you have listed. I hope you have seen the peak power draw from these two models.

1. XUV700 has a 12 volt socket in the third row that is rated at 120 watts as per the post linked below. Is this information still relevant and correct?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5128827

2. I could not find the peak draw of the Michelin model but the Viair model has a peak current draw of 15A and is rated at 180W (1.5x the rated output in XUV700). Are you willing to use a higher power instrument in your car?

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/85p/

I have two Burgmann Typhoon 150W inflators (peak current 15A) at my home and two of my colleagues also bought the same after seeing and experiencing mine. But, when I upgraded from Punto (had a 12v socket rated at 180W) to S-Cross (12V/120W), I had to buy a new tyre inflator. I have shared my experience below. It took 7 minutes to inflate a completely flat, 16” 215 section tyre to 33PSI.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5253745

A faster tyre inflator will draw more current and that is what limits their application as most cars these days have started providing a 12V socket with a rating of only 120W (against 180W in the last decade).

Recommendation: Since tyre inflators are mainly meant for top ups and pressure maintenance with a once in a while rescue on the highways in case of minor puncture so that the car is drivable to the nearest tyre shop, I’d say that you get a 120W model to be on the safer side. Moreover, cars now have TPMS so early warning mostly prevents a complete flat while on the road.

120W inflators that are commonly used by S-Cross owners in my circle:
1. Woscher 802D
2. Tusa tyre inflator

150W inflators used by my family members
1. Bergmann Typhoon

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_6270.jpeg

Quote:

Can dear members help me with my purchase decision?

I still use the VIAIR and it's so robust that I'd trust it any day over digital ones and their electronics which mayn't last long.
- I've to connect the VIAIR to battery terminals directly because of the high current draw. But then it fills up (even from fully flat) in a minute or two.
- In it's supplied pouch, it's quite small (I may have posted pics earlier in the thread).
- I've acquired an inexpensive digital meter separately, to check reading.

All the best for your search. Please do share what you buy and your experience with it :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by impala (Post 5532172)
I finally bought another model of AstroAI inflator.

I could put it to proper test this weekend. I checked the pressure in the spare tyre of XUV700. It is a 155/90 R28 with 60psi rated pressure. It's at 30. Filling to 61 took 6min 30s which gave me good confidence that filling the normal tyres to the rated 32, even though larger would work when needed.

After trying various low budget tyre Inflator, i bought "ResQTech Heavy Duty Digital Tyre Inflator" from Amazon. Since most of the petrol station tyre inflators are not calibrated always i was worried about accuracy. After using couple of times, i can say this inflator readings are accurate and built very well too.

Seeking inputs from fellow members, looking to buy a tyre inflator for our XUV700 to be used in emergency situations only. For regular day to day use - I plan to fill Nitrogen and only in case of outstation trips etc might need to top up using the inflator. Some shortlisted options in no particular order :

Bergman Typhoon Analog
150W
Rs 2100
This seems like the best deal out there, has very good reviews and strong recommendations by BHPians.

Bergmann Striker Analog
120W
Rs 1597
XUV700 has 12V port hence, came across this while browsing Amazon and seems good value for money for emergency use.

Bargmann Vaccum + Inflator
few negative reviews
Rs 2200

Woscher Vaccum + Inflator
DC 12 V
has decent reviews
Rs 2300

The last 2 may not be as efficient as above inflator only products, but I get a vaccum cleaner as well - since this will be used on rare occasions to inflate, is it okay make a trade off w.r.t inflator quality and go for these. I'm inclined towards the Woscher Vaccum + Inflator, anyone who has used such products please help out a fellow mate. I'm open to consider other tyre inflators as well in similar budget. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien (Post 5748818)
Seeking inputs from fellow members, looking to buy a tyre inflator for our XUV700 to be used in emergency situations only.

Forget anything that you cannot plug into your car. When you are out there in the night with a flat tyre, you just need to pump some air into it, hoping it will hold until you can get it dealt with. Or, forget inflating, change the wheel for the spare which, with stuff like over-tightened wheel nuts, is a whole different trip.

Efficiency/power does not matter. If it takes you four minutes instead of three to inflate? It will get there in the end. I did recently inflate a tyre from flat. Actually, it was quite quick (and in the end we got the puncture guy to come to us anyway).

I have a TUSA Digital Tyre Inflator. I think it is a bit more expensive than the ones you mentioned. I bought it in October 21: I think it was recommended on this thread back then.

I still get air in petrol bunks (lazy!) but I do use this from time to time. It's good to know that emergency kit actually still works. And I absolutely keep it in the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5749021)
Forget anything that you cannot plug into your car.

Thanks Thad for your detailed response, all the 4 are pluggable in car socket. Any comparison w.r.t TUSA vs Bergman, please share.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien (Post 5749074)
all the 4 are pluggable in car socket.

Ahh, OK... Then all is good!

It's one of those things that I spent years getting around to buying. Partly because of the huge choice! So I do not have experience of any other model to measure against. In London I used to keep a humble foot pump in the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien (Post 5748818)
Seeking inputs from fellow members, looking to buy a tyre inflator for our XUV700 to be used in emergency situations only. For regular day to day use - I plan to fill Nitrogen and only in case of outstation trips etc might need to top up using the inflator.

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstar* (Post 5544756)
I was also looking for an inflator for my XUV 700 and my biggest concern was making the inflator reach the front wheels as XUV got the port only in its book.

I finalised the TUSA Digital Car Tyre Inflator, which exactly reaches the front left wheel with ease.

How has been your experience with TUSA, I'm considering A6 model.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI (Post 5545128)
I recently got a Michelin 12266 tyre inflator, my first portable one

Can you share how is it performing now, I'm considering for XUV700.
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospooler (Post 5549855)
The Bergmann is well made (except its grab handle, which is plastic and feels flimsy) and the metal body is supported nicely with the rubber foot. They both have sufficient length of wiring but the hose of Bergmann has more length, which is super convenient if the valve is in the top position.

Any issues observed during the usage till now, please share.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kkumar (Post 5566901)
I have been using a Michelin 12266 Tyre inflator for the last six months and have found it to be pretty handy.

Please share your experience - how's the performance been?
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 (Post 5567309)
People using the Michelin 12266 tyre inflator, I've been using one for the past 3 years mainly to fill up after fixing a puncture. I've had no issues with it yet.

However from day one the buttons to adjust the set pressure and to change PSI to Bar to .. don't work properly. In fact I had ordered on Amazon so after using the first time, I returned it for another piece. This also has the same issue.

Whats your review on Michelin one, is it holding up well ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by vattyboy (Post 5575182)
Bought TUSA TYRE INFLATOR

Finally bought a Tusa inflator after searching, reading its reviews, and also watching some Youtube videos.
I heard that customer support is nice for Tusa products.

Is there a customer support number which you received, would like to try connecting with them before purchase. The website number is not reachable.
Quote:

Can dear members help me with my purchase decision? I need a tyre inflator for my XUV700

What did you finalize on, please share experience.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddleShifter (Post 5617313)

I have two Burgmann Typhoon 150W inflators (peak current 15A) at my home and two of my colleagues also bought the same after seeing and experiencing mine.

Whats the age of these now and how has been the performance?
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadFiend (Post 5617345)
I still use the VIAIR and it's so robust that I'd trust it any day over digital ones and their electronics which mayn't last long.

Any thoughts on 85 vs 87 vs 88. 88P is the most powerful as per SwastikFabs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 5749021)

I have a TUSA Digital Tyre Inflator. I think it is a bit more expensive than the ones you mentioned. I bought it in October 21: I think it was recommended on this thread back then.

Do you have a customer care number for TUSA, if yes - please share. Considering their A6 model due to 30 mins operation time.

Based on suggestions received here and some more digging, here's the latest on the tyre inflator search. Click on image for clearer text.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-screenshot-20240410-1.22.59-pm.png

Now, considering features and reviews,There's so much information and variety available for a simple device like Tyre Inflator, I'm going into Analysis-Paralysis mode lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapien (Post 5751940)
Any issues observed during the usage till now, please share.

None. My father loves this pump so much that he has made it a recurring Sunday activity to top up all the 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers tyres using this pump.
The price I paid for the inflator was INR 1880/- and I found the best deal on boodmo. So you may have to check a little before buying at INR 2700/-.
My model has an analogue gauge.