Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2023, 01:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Garware Polyester starts making Paint Protection Films in India

I'm curious what is the warranty for exactly? I recall that when I got rusting after applying anti rust, the dealer said that the warranty is limited to the cost of the coating and not any damage due to the failure of the coating itself. If the PPS goes yellow and un removable, will they just pay you back the cost of the coating itself, or will they return your car to the condition it should be if there was no wrap in the first place? The former does not seem like a fair solution.

Edit: got it from https://www.garwareppf.com/warranty-registration/
Quote:
This warranty does not cover and GPL/Seller hereby disclaims all liabilities for any loss, damage, expense or cost, resulting to product from any one or more of the following:
• The degradation of materials with time due to climate conditions is a natural and unavoidable phenomenon. A slight and progressive change of the transparency and brightness, as well as a slight peeling off at the edges and around the rivets are normal phenomenon which do not fall within the scope of this warranty.
Looks like the former. So essentially I am paying for a product that may or may not work, and the best case situation is that i get my money back, and my car ends up in worse shape than it would have been if the product was never applied

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th April 2023 at 01:26.
Old 28th January 2024, 23:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
I will try to share the latest pictures. There are no swirl marks but then I clean the car myself and most of the times I just need to wipe the dust off with Jopasu duster.

I will ask for a warranty replacement this year. I didn't go for it yet because in my mind I an still worried about the damage to the original paint which might happen due to peeling off the earlier application of the PPF.

Hello there! I recently bought Kia Seltos and was thinking whether to go for PPF or not. I have a dealer in my city who uses Garware PPF.
So, can you please tell me your honest opinion of using TPU-PPF, as you have the experience of above 3 years now.
Thank you!
Old 7th February 2024, 02:14   #33

Re: Garware Polyester starts making Paint Protection Films in I

Hello everyone. Bought Tucson 2022 in Starry Night (dark navy blue) colour and it’s been two weeks now to it. Have been reading about ppf since 2-3 months now and it’s still as confusing as it was on day 1. Brands, installer, pros, cons and what not.

Now honestly it’s a stretched budget and I have to think hard before putting any additional money into something that might not be worth it. Llumar and other brands have been quoted to me at about 1.4-1.6L, which, as I mentioned as being too much on higher side given my already extended budget. It’s sure luring me given the reviews but stil I am constrained in doing so.

My Hyundai dealer has quoted me 65k for a Korean/imported make ppf having 3 year warranty and another variant of same make at 85k having 5 year warranty.
Now the garware studio (owned by garware themselves in vile Parle, Mumbai) have quoted me their “premium” variant around 76k++ for 5 year warranty.

I am not sure of the garware make ppf and hence am here asking your guidance in the matter. I am not sure of the brand that dealer is proposing. Have read some reviews of garware but so far it’s been contradictory or confusing.

A straightforward guidance is being solicited. I would really grateful if you can provide me your honest opinion on above.
Old 7th February 2024, 04:26   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefull View Post
Now the garware studio (owned by garware themselves in vile Parle, Mumbai) have quoted me their “premium” variant around 76k++ for 5 year warranty.

I am not sure of the garware make ppf and hence am here asking your guidance in the matter. I am not sure of the brand that dealer is proposing. Have read some reviews of garware but so far it’s been contradictory or confusing.

A straightforward guidance is being solicited. I would really grateful if you can provide me your honest opinion on above.
I have Garware ppf on two of my BMW 7 series and it’s great. Been a year and no complaints.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 18:55   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have Garware ppf on two of my BMW 7 series and it’s great. Been a year and no complaints.
Can you be more specific as to where did you get it done? What variant did you go in for? Did they remove the handles and other stuffs for the same?
Old 8th February 2024, 21:25   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you be more specific as to where did you get it done? What variant did you go in for? Did they remove the handles and other stuffs for the same?
Garware premium. I’m not sure if they removed the handles or not. But for and finish is great.

Go it done from Ministry Detailing-Zeeshan-+91 91 6788 288 2. You can give him my reference
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 01:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Where is the Garware Studio in Vile Parle ? Can't find it on Google maps
Old 12th February 2024, 19:55   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Where is the Garware Studio in Vile Parle ? Can't find it on Google maps
Garware House. The Garware head office.
Peacefull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 19:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Garware House. The Garware head office.
Oh the main building on the highway corner ? Nice. Do they do sunfilm installation as well ?
Old 14th February 2024, 19:30   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Oh the main building on the highway corner ? Nice. Do they do sunfilm installation as well ?
Yes you are correct brother. No idea of sun film but am sure they must be doing it since it’s their legacy product.
Peacefull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 01:21   #41

Is ceramic advisable for the glass areas (front, rear, windows, sunroof) and wheels?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks