Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2021, 00:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Hella Light Bar 470 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
As long as you keep it covered in the city you are unlikely to get into any trouble.

All non OEM LED lights are categorized as 'Dazzling lights' by the local RTO especially in Bangalore, you`ll not be able to get out of it without removing it and paying a fine.
I wish TN and Chennai police do something with light accessories. I gave up night driving because this is rampant in both cars and two-wheelers here. It's like a race with more visibility reduced by additional light accessories, others are motivated to install their own accessories. It's a bad loop which need to be stopped by the cops and RTO.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 00:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I was one among the people who despise augmented lights and horns. I met with an accident because of the augmented lights blazing from the oncoming traffic once. After that I switched over to the practical side and am now having 4 hella rallye 4000s(100w bulbs) and 8 LED cubes. Standing over a man whom you have collided in to changes a lot of things. My horn setup too is equally 'adequate'.
I assume the setup you are describing is the one in your profile picture. It's way excessive and none of your arguments convince me. I have my original 65W OEM setup in my car and I indeed find driving in 2-lane highways so hard not because my lights are bad but because the oncoming vehicles have accessorized and upgraded their lights to be like stadium lights.

Have you ever thought your light setup possibly another 20 people who came across your blinding lights to install their own blinding lights leading to a loop? I understand you are just trying to protect yourselves and your family but this callous attitude is a race to the bottom.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 06:32   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Have you ever thought your light setup possibly another 20 people who came across your blinding lights to install their own blinding lights leading to a loop? I understand you are just trying to protect yourselves and your family but this callous attitude is a race to the bottom.
I have clearly mentioned that I drive in low beams and that I have compartmentalized the wiring in the proper manner to let me flash them during emergencies when facing 1200w arrays or punitive yet poor performing LEDs which are way more blinfng and are being switched on all the time. They don't need ideas from me.

Technically, there is a limit to the watts one can draw from the alternator for lighting,the lorries are at their max and the cars with HiDs and LeDs have matched their agression with technology.

The race to the bottom is complete. I just try to survive the crossfire.

To be frank, I havent even kept the hella 4000s mounted. I have been driving with just the LeDs flashing occasionally. On Highways, I could let the oem highbeams light up alone via a switch whic I use to flash.

I have spent as much as I have spent on the Hellas and LEDs in wirong and mounting to make them the safest on oncoming traffic.

Driving a few kms in dualcarriage way under blinding conditions is dangerous yet doable. But to drive in them frequently as a part of an all night drive is not possible without ending up with a serious incident.

Hella 4000s are lying in my boot most of the time
Attached Thumbnails
Hella Light Bar 470 Review-img_20210910_065836_877.jpg  

Last edited by COMMUTER : 10th September 2021 at 07:02.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 09:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
The Hella 470 DOES NOT dazzle oncoming traffic. I have myself literally stared at it from various distances and it does not affect you (I did get some challenges AFTER I actually stared at it for 2 minutes continuously, but this scenario won't happen when you are driving).

Its beam is pointed, very little scatter and if you mount it low (I have mounted it just above the fogs in my Seltos), acts like Fogs but with longer reach in terms of distance.

The second challenge is position, if you position the same bar for instance at roof level, then it will cause difficulties for oncoming traffic given beam patterns - sort of like how a moderately powerful halogen on a car is different from the same mounted on a truck purely because of its position.
Aux driving lights typically have higher lumen output than low beams. They must be angled so its light falls on the road and its focus has a reach equal (or slightly higher) than the low beams without blinding oncoming traffic. If its focus has a lower reach, then there will be too much of foreground lighting making the extra distance provided by the low beams useless for the driver.

AFAIK,
A) It is easier to manage this angle by placing the Aux driving light as high as legally allowed.

B) Typically aux lights are installed when the vehicle is ‘empty’. When the vehicle is loaded, due to the additional weight the back of the vehicle lowers by few centimeters, ideal ‘angle’ required to not blind oncoming traffic changes now. For low beams, this issue is handled by headlight leveling. But handling this correctly for aux driving lights will be a challenge.

I believe the only solution for additional lighting without blinding oncoming traffic is a projector retrofit.
Lord Lucan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 23:07   #50
BHPian

I’ve installed this on my Alcazar last week; I’ve installed this using Hella number plate mount bracket. The light is good and much better than the stock lights, but they are NOT WOW lights as I was expecting them to be. I should have waited for some time and got the RIGID SR PRO 10” inch led bar.

I’ve Rigid D-series spot cube lights on my Z900 and they are crazy powerful. Better than Baja Squadron Pro cubes.
Hella 470 is about 70% light as compared to RIGID D-series.
Rigid SR Pro 10 inch bar is about 160% than that of D-series.
Old 14th August 2022, 19:43   #51
BHPian

Anyone have contact details for Hella in Pune / MAH?
Old 6th April 2023, 19:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykar View Post
Anyone have contact details for Hella in Pune / MAH?
I know it's very late to reply but yes I have contact in Pune/Mumbai.
Recently I bought Hella 470 with a black and amber cover directly from a Hella distributor at a good price for my Scorpio N.

After buying 470, I came to know about this product :
https://myhellalights.com/product/bl...uble-lightbar/

This has 11,000 lm vs 1900 lm(470) and has 40 LEDs Vs 16(470) and the price is also less. if you are thinking then go for this Black Magic.
hrishi_dypim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 20:15   #53
BHPian

Hrishi, would you please PM me the contact details?
Old 27th October 2023, 21:35   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hrishi, would you please PM me the contact details?
Sorry I missed your comment. Did you able to get the contact or still do you need ?
Old 28th October 2023, 10:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi_dypim View Post
Sorry I missed your comment. Did you able to get the contact or still do you need ?
Still need it please, thank you.
Old 29th October 2023, 08:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Still need it please, thank you.
I am not eligible now for doing PM or email. Please email me and i will share the details.
Old 29th October 2023, 19:08   #57
BHPian

Its better to post here, if you're OK with it, so that it benefits other users as well.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 21:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I am not eligible now for doing PM or email. Please email me and i will share the details.
Feel free to post it here?
Old 30th October 2023, 06:29   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Feel free to post it here?
Sandeep - +91 9619032033

Note: Mod, delete this reply if sharing contact number is not allowed.
Old 21st November 2023, 15:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I know it's very late to reply but yes I have contact in Pune/Mumbai.
Recently I bought Hella 470 with a black and amber cover directly from a Hella distributor at a good price for my Scorpio N.

After buying 470, I came to know about this product :
https://myhellalights.com/product/bl...uble-lightbar/

This has 11,000 lm vs 1900 lm(470) and has 40 LEDs Vs 16(470) and the price is also less. if you are thinking then go for this Black Magic.
Sandeep does not do installation ,can you suggest where did you get installation done in Pune.
Black magic series is available with lead period of two weeks for Rs.28500/- is this worth the upgrade over Hella 470 as its almost 2.5times costing of hella 470.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks