Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2007, 11:05   #1
BHPian

Xenos or Autocop ??

HI guys i really need help on this a bit urgent , I had gladiator security system installed in my indica around 3.5 years back , the problem with it was that it used to sound on its own sometimes and had to be silenced via a remote ( this started happening after the warranty was over) .

Around 3 months ago( after warranty with autocop was over, and 3 years after install ) there was a break in and my HU got stolen , the durwan thinking it was false alarm again did not react !! Now I want to put a new central lock in my new swift but i dont know which one to go for , I am more interested in Xenos, Has any long term owner of Xenos faced this problem of false alarms ???

I am also open to other brands provided the above problems dont occur !!
Old 18th May 2007, 11:35   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Now I want to put a new central lock in my new swift but i dont know which one to go for.
I am also open to other brands provided the above problems dont occur !!
Swift ZXi comes with Nippon's security system! This is a fully loaded model with shock sensor and trouble free remote units! Never troubled me so far having using it extensively everyday!
Also, guess that particular model will be an easy fit on Swifts as there may be provisions in the car's wiring harness to retrofit it anytime during the life of the car! What don't you try that?!
Old 18th May 2007, 11:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Swift ZXi comes with Nippon's security system! This is a fully loaded model with shock sensor and trouble free remote units! Never troubled me so far having using it extensively everyday!
Also, guess that particular model will be an easy fit on Swifts as there may be provisions in the car's wiring harness to retrofit it anytime during the life of the car! What don't you try that?!
That is correct and the Alarm system is by Nippon and it available at any Maruti Showroom and it is a MGA and can be installed in VXI and LXI model of Swift.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:58   #4
BANNED

Hi,

And also the warranty for nippon is 5 years as i know.

Guys correct me if i am wrong!!!!
Old 18th May 2007, 13:13   #5
BHPian

Hi,

I have put xenos in my swift, have been using if for the past 3 months and havent had any issues with it. I think Xenos has 2 variants of security system, go for the higher end one. It has shock sensors which can be set to 3 levels of sensitivity , Has a warn off mode, etc etc..and yes you can program it yourself pretty neat stuff. But am sure some senior BHPian will have something to say...
Old 18th May 2007, 14:33   #6
Team-BHP Support

Those shock sensor and movement detector things are always dicey. Once the system gets a bit old all those problems with false alarms, unintended vehicle shutdown (for those with immobilizer feature) etc start happening.

There is one alto, in fact a pretty new one, in our office that has one of those bells-and-whistles security system. And security guys aver it is a pain in all the wrong places. Starts ringing and whistling of its own volition at any time of the day.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:02   #7
BHPian

well i have installed the xenos in my baleno.forgot the model number but its a high end one for 4k and has shock sensor.haven really got time to check out the system.but from my observation,the shock sensor when set to medium don have much sensitivitty.the front doors and fenders area vibrations are easily picked up by the sensor but not the rear doors.also the range of the remote is low in my case.maybe the battery inside might be out of charge.

does any other user ever felt tht the range of the xenos is low?

and yeah the advantage of having xenos is tht it has lifetime waranty.and also the remote of the xenos has a dummy key which according to xenos technician can be used for features like remote key car start when company releases tht feature as an upgrade by paying a nominal charge.

Last edited by hari_rama : 18th May 2007 at 15:07.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:23   #8
BHPian

i got installed Minda Fort Knox top model without motion sensors for Rs 3500 in my Swift Ldi.

its been a month now and no prob so far. I mainly needed it for Remote locking/unlocking. I even got the revers gear siren disable and the volume of alarm for locking / unlocking is set to min.

Almost all major brands have kits which doesn't require cutting of wires so you can go for any brand. I made my final choice upon looking at the remote of the system. The auto cop current model had very small buttons sos didn't go for it. I find Minda's button quite big n easy to use.

At the end of day go for any major brad like auto cop , nippon , minda with warranty and you should be able to live a peaceful life.

Vikas
Old 18th May 2007, 15:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from xenos, it is not worth the price you pay for it. I had many complaints initially & am not satisified at all.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:34   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

No harm in going in for Autocop. Quality of electronics should be vastly improved now than a few years ago. Plus the peace-of-mind in its large signature across Indian towns/cities.
Old 18th May 2007, 15:46   #11
BHPian

I have a swift Ldi and my dealer does not have MGA nippon available for Swift LDI , he said that it has not come as MGA yet !! Has the autocop technology really improved in the past three years ??
Old 18th May 2007, 16:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
does any other user ever felt tht the range of the xenos is low?
Yes Hari, I too face a similar problem, I think it doesn't have a range of even 50 m, totally forgot about that. Where as my sis has a nippon fitted on her Swift, it has a superb range.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Stay away from xenos, it is not worth the price you pay for it. I had many complaints initially & am not satisified at all.

call that your personal opinion esteem_lover. electronics are known not to work fine in the hands of those who dont know how to handle one.

but then, if your piece of xenos failed, why did u not go in for a replacement,... they would have happily replaced it, 'cause xenos is the only one that comes with a life-time full-unit replacement warranty in case of product malfunction. try asking that from autocop.

and hari_rama, for the shock sensor to work exactly as it is supposed to,... may be you got it installed from a xenos stockist and not a xenos direct rep. the central unit has to be fit onto the body of the car, touching the car and not hanging midway as any unknowledgable installer would have done. (not to be mistaken with earthing, please)

it is simple, the shock has to travel across the car onto the unit. u may not believe,... but on full sensitivity, a single finger's tap on the rear door triggers the warn-away beeps. i have it on at low-sensitivity to avoid nuisance and it sure does pick up the shock of a hard slap on the rear-bumper too.

the installation on my OHC has been functioning without any issue since a year, even with enough click-on and offs from my kido.

and about the range,... YES I AGREE in this case, it is far lesser than other models.

Last edited by gbpscars : 18th May 2007 at 19:43.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:42   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hi,

I would like to disagree here. Could you elaborate a bit on the price you paid and what your problems were. Xenos is by far the best VFM product manufactured & sold in India and the only product to offer lifetime warranty with an excellent network. It is also manufactured under technical collaboration with Directed Electronics Inc. USA(Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video) which is the worlds largest and best auto security system manufacturer.

If you know of a better product kindly enlighten us all.

Viper
Old 18th May 2007, 23:08   #15
BHPian

Yes but forgot to mention the best part, my gladiator autolocking does NOT have motion impact or any other kind of sensors and still it gives false alarms on its own !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks