Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

I dont want the airbags for sure. need ones with the audio switches only. guess 1500 is for the plain one. any price for the one with the switches?
Old 22nd June 2009, 18:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

Please tell me if the swift's steering wheel comes WITH the switches and WITHOUT the airbag.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Aveo - Steering - Horn - Issue!

I do not need a fancy one, But I want one which is almost like Aveo's steering wheel - But with a better reach on Horns.

Aveo has the worst design for India, where the Horn is placed in the mid with a small radius, you need to point take the hand and press - Also very hard.

Is it possible to get some good off market ones - or modify the existing one to make the horn reachable to fingers?

Let me know your ideas.
Old 23rd June 2009, 06:54   #79
Senior - BHPian

i have no idea how it comes in different versions of swift or sx4. let me know which comes with switches but no airbag
Old 5th July 2009, 00:26   #80
A.R
BHPian

Are all after market steering wheels & Handbrake levers ( Momo, Xforce etc) compatible with all cars, using a 'Hub' ?

I plan to get the ones (pics attached) from UK. Will these fit on a Baleno? I hope the hub for a Baleno can also be purchased from the place where the steering wheels are sold.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
After Market Steering Wheels-momo1-steering-wheel.jpg  

After Market Steering Wheels-momo-4-hand-brake.jpg  

After Market Steering Wheels-xforce-sku-xt721bk-.jpg  

Old 5th July 2009, 12:18   #81
BHPian

@A.R.
The wheels look cool. I am no expert but I think you can get the hubs in B'lore as well. I am also looking to buy some after market wheels for my Hyundai Getz and was told that the hub for hyundai can be bought for about Rs 500 - 600 itself.

If you dont mind can you let me know how you are planning to get it shipped from UK and the cost of it?.

In Hyderabad I have some very old Momo models available and they cost still around 14k. The accessories guy says those are the only models available in India and he showed me a catalogue which is supposed to be for India.
Old 5th July 2009, 12:50   #82
A.R
BHPian

A friend of mine is returning from UK this month. So planning to ask him to get it from there. But will these wheels be compatible for a baleno is my question.

Don't wanna spend $$ & not end up using it eod ....LoL

I haven't checked the actual prices of these yet but from a website, its around $250
Old 5th July 2009, 13:20   #83
BHPian

Thank you for your reply. Again, I am no expert but AFAIK any after market wheel should be compatible provided you can get hold of the hub. Check around in near by accessories shop if you can get hold of a hub for your car. If a hub is available, you should have no problem. I will however let other experts on this subject like nitrous to comment/confirm.
Old 5th July 2009, 13:37   #84
BHPian

Here is Mine

Here is mine, in my Esteem.
Got it from Saudi.
Attached Thumbnails
After Market Steering Wheels-mumbai-trip-043.jpg  

Old 11th July 2009, 14:03   #85
BHPian

My Sparco

I just got a Sparco Helios from a wholesale market for a very good deal here in Dubai. This guy as he claimed had some pieces left from a 2year old stock which I stumbled upon. Will be putting it on my OHC. Pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
After Market Steering Wheels-helios3.jpg  

After Market Steering Wheels-helios5.jpg  

Old 11th July 2009, 22:47   #86
BANNED

Sunilb : Prices in INR please...
Old 12th July 2009, 02:10   #87
BHPian

After market steering wheels do nothing to the car steering and handling provided it has been installed properly.

there are lots of after market wheels with or without airbag modules.if you chose the one with airbag, you use the original airbag which came with your car.

After market wheels come in different sizes and shapes i.e. flat bottom,buttons for entertainment, telephone,cruise control,etc,etc,

they are also made of leather,with or with wood insert,carbon fiber all leather ,all wood, imitation leather,leatherette etc

bottom line is how much one wants to spend ,remember of them may not increase the resale value

check out my garage i have after market steering wheel with airbag on my 1988 560 Sl
Old 13th July 2009, 01:51   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Sunilb : Prices in INR please...
Grabbed it for Rs 3500/- and the hub for Rs 400/-
Old 13th July 2009, 11:15   #89
Senior - BHPian

Can you post some clear pictures of the 400 rupee hub?
Old 13th July 2009, 11:18   #90
BHPian

The sparco steering wheel looks too good. I was quoted a price of around 14k for a sparco in hyderabad.

Anyways, I installed one yesterday, dont know which company but it says "F1 sports" in the horn pad and costed me 1.8k. I have driven it for only ~ 30 kms so far. The steering has become hard to steer where as I wanted and expected it to be lighter. The guy who fitted says it should be ok in a few days, not sure if he meant I will get used to it in a few days or it would become lighter in a few days. Any thoughts on this?.

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks