Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 20:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

I fear you have got the damaged defogger stripes. Thats the problem with Sunfilms installed in rear windshield.
Old 11th March 2008, 20:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Those are nothing to worry as u can see the impression of the defogger lines are theer, ask the showroom guy to redo the work again and ask him to put 3M Sunfilms and not any local brands..

Enjoy the drive buddy and drive carefully....
Old 12th March 2008, 01:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

I checked the method gd1418 told and its not working. Deffoger lines are damaged. Do i need to replace the rear windscreen or lines can be repaired? As the damage is done by sunfilm guy who has installed on behalf of sundaram, can i ask sundaram guys to repair it under warranty? If they dont agree then what would be the cost to repair?
Old 12th March 2008, 09:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

To my best knowledge lines can not be replaced. This does require change of glass.

I guess push Sundram people for the faulty work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I checked the method gd1418 told and its not working. Deffoger lines are damaged. Do i need to replace the rear windscreen or lines can be repaired? As the damage is done by sunfilm guy who has installed on behalf of sundaram, can i ask sundaram guys to repair it under warranty? If they dont agree then what would be the cost to repair?
Old 12th March 2008, 10:07   #20
BHPian

the defogger lines get damaged if the removal of sunfilm is not done properly.. I am sure the guy who removed the earlier film did not user thinner to remove it..

If they are really damaged, then you cannot fix them.. you have to replace the glass..

I am sure this will be taken care by your dealer.. Do not agree to pay a penny, as this to totally there fault..
Old 12th March 2008, 13:01   #21
BHPian

The defrosting lines are just conductive material that has been painted onto the windscreen

There are ways to fix it if the defrosting paint is slightly broken

Check this out
Rear Defroster Repair Tips

But your photo seems to show that the damage is very severe. If so, I don't know if the kits available will work.

I'm not sure the kits are available in India as well. check with your dealer.
Old 12th March 2008, 16:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Happened to me as well:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...m-fitting.html

Note from Mod : Thanks for the link. Threads merged.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th March 2008 at 23:39.
Old 12th March 2008, 20:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

You need to replace the glass then. Windshield express guys will do the job for less than what the ASCs will charge.

However, you must lean heavily on the Sundaram guys to do this for you FOC as the fault was theirs.

Quote:
Old 12th March 2008, 20:43   #24
BHPian

I got a local guy to install my sunfilm. The problem is at night when there is a headlight beam hitting the rear screen, the light breaks up into 3/4 lines, like the starring effect. Is this normal?
If not, I want to replace the sunfilm but having second thoughts after reading the posts this topic.
Old 12th March 2008, 21:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

I would urge you to take the Sundaram guys to task and get the glass replaced free of cost. After all it is their fault and the car appears to be brand new one still within the warranty period.
Old 12th March 2008, 21:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

From the pix, it seems as though the defogger has been damaged. And the only way to repair it is to replace the entire rear windshield. and since its the dealers fault, i'd suggest u take it up with them and get it done free of cost, as it could be expensive sometimes.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sundaram guys have asked me to bring the car to their service centre the coming saturday for inspection. I have asked for a replacement of rear windscreen and they said they will decide after inspection.
Old 13th March 2008, 18:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Seems some light light at the end of the tunnel. Keep us posted mate..

Quote:
Sundaram guys have asked me to bring the car to their service centre the coming saturday for inspection. I have asked for a replacement of rear windscreen and they said they will decide after inspection.
Old 15th April 2008, 13:09   #29
BHPian

interesting fact, so installing sunfilm on the rear glass is a NO NO ? Anyone who got it installed care to share their experince ? I was talking to some accessory people yesterday, one of them said don't install sunfilm on rear as it affects the defogger and it stops working while the other said they do it all the time without any issues...

any pointers?
Old 4th June 2008, 14:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

I got the rear windscreen replaced free of cost at sundaram last month.
Defogger is working absolutely fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks