Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 18:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift ORVM Cowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post

What I always wanted to ask and searched for here is a solution similar to inner rear view mirror which has that button that reduces glare in the nights.

Can we have the same for outer rear view mirrors on both sides? That would be really helpful.
Having the same problem - a solution I thought of was sticking one of those antiglare films that are stuck onto the front windshield. One problem is that the sheet costs around 3000 rupees. You either need to find an installer ready to do this piecemeal or you need to gather three or four friends and share a sheet among your cars.

I haven't got around to trying this out yet.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Got a new plastic cap for my ORVM, as i had the default black one on my Vxi, it just costed 70Rs. light on pocket indeed.

But SA told me that sometimes when the cap breaks, it also breaks the lock, in which case we have to go for complete new casing. in my case i was lucky(also i strictly told them that i will find a piece in JC road, if they take me for a ride and say full mirror replacement.)
Old 26th May 2012, 20:24   #48
BHPian

I got a small scratch on the left side ORVM cover today. Called service center and inquired about cost of that. They told 1000 Rs only for cover and painting extra. For complete set its 4.5K. Is it that costly?
Old 26th May 2012, 20:32   #49
Team-BHP Support

Hell no.. Just look up the directory section for references and get it done outside at a fraction of the price.

Bangalore - Team-BHP
Old 26th May 2012, 22:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
I got a small scratch on the left side ORVM cover today. Called service center and inquired about cost of that. They told 1000 Rs only for cover and painting extra. For complete set its 4.5K. Is it that costly?
Well is this scratch on the cover or the main mirror case?
I guess you drive new swift. But still 4500 is too much.

To be frank, i think you should live with minor scratches. Every week some idiot brushes his bike against the mirror. Unless you have a crack or something, better try tinkering.
Old 28th May 2012, 19:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I was wondering if I could put a sun film on the ORVM to reduce glare from the vehicles behind. Will this hamper visibility? Is it safe to do so?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Having the same problem - a solution I thought of was sticking one of those antiglare films that are stuck onto the front windshield.
Had asked the Q long back, none replied.

I think I will go ahead and do it. Not the front film though. Its too expensive. Get the most transparent Garware ice shield and put it on the mirrors. With my tints removed, it's impossible to drive. I always keep both mirrors open, I can't drive without them. Only other option I can think of is to fold the mirrors
Old 4th June 2012, 21:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Well is this scratch on the cover or the main mirror case?
I guess you drive new swift. But still 4500 is too much.

To be frank, i think you should live with minor scratches. Every week some idiot brushes his bike against the mirror. Unless you have a crack or something, better try tinkering.
Its on the cover and its a new gen. You are correct. Some or other ways small scratches are unavoidable. Slowly adjusting with that.
Old 29th August 2012, 18:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

In my prev gen Swift [2008 model], the mirror came off from the assembly. SA says this cant be fixed since the lock [for internal adjustment] has gone. He says I need to buy a pair(?) for around 2400/- odd bucks! We did a jugaad by pasting it, but the bad roads have caused it to snap again.

Now the cowl is in tact and I also have indicator covers on the mirror. I don't want this to be changed as I kind of like it. If I get the rest of the assembly, I guess I can re-use the cowl. Is there a way I could get it?

If I have to spend 2400/- on it, how about buying the below stuff? Will it fit the Swift? Do you foresee any overheads on the purchase of this stuff?

Spyder Universal Spyder G2 M3 Power Mirror with Amber Arrow LED - 3 Wires - M3M-G2-3EW-LED-YEL

Edit:: Or do you guys have any other recommendations or sites from where I could purchase the mirrors?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th August 2012 at 18:56. Reason: Adding the "Edit" option
Old 29th August 2012, 19:09   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My Swift LHS mirror got separated from the black frame. The mirror isn't broken at all.
But it's no longer attached to the frame & doesn't look like it can be attached - the white plastic strip in the frame which attaches it is broken.

I went to a local accessory shop - he has the whole mirror+frame for 750Rs including the danda which goes inside the car for adjusting it. It looks neat also. Do I need to replace the whole thing or is there any alternative?
Updating after a long time. I went to one of the spare parts shop mechanics in Amar Mahal, Chembur and the guy stuck the thing back with fevicol and the thing is going fine till now.
Old 13th September 2012, 08:35   #55
BHPian

Today due to a minor accident, the electric side View mirror of my Swift Zdi got broken.
I am seriously concerned that how much would the Maruti service center guys would charge me.

The outer body with indicator is intact only the mirror got broken.
Tried searching, but I am not able to get any quote on the net. Guess I'll have to go there and ask for the quote.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
Today due to a minor accident, the electric side View mirror of my Swift Zdi got broken.
I am seriously concerned that how much would the Maruti service center guys would charge me.

The outer body with indicator is intact only the mirror got broken.
Tried searching, but I am not able to get any quote on the net. Guess I'll have to go there and ask for the quote.
Hi, any update on this? How much did mass charge to replace mirror cover. My orvm got hit in the same manner.
Old 12th August 2013, 00:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturalist View Post
Hi, any update on this? How much did mass charge to replace mirror cover. My orvm got hit in the same manner.
As the outer body was intact. I had to spend only Rs. 200 for replacing the mirror and that too at authorised Maruti service center. They just fixed it in the OVRM slot and it was good to go.
ankurvirmani19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 08:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
As the outer body was intact. I had to spend only Rs. 200 for replacing the mirror and that too at authorised Maruti service center. They just fixed it in the OVRM slot and it was good to go.
Thanks for the update I will keep posted of what repair they made to benefit of all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks