Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 23:03   #406
Senior - BHPian

@Wim: I knew you were in Glix. In fact, Vinay called me up to get your number, since you had blocked the parking lot But by the time I got to Glix you had left. Vinay told me about the ICE setup for your friend... seems his original budget went for the usual toss! Lol!

I have told them to get the car ready by Tuesday, since it's a holiday for me. So, fingers crossed... I am itching to drive her again!

Oh btw, I revved the engine a bit today. There is a deeper note to it post the filter install. But I think K&N makes more sound than Ractive!
Old 29th September 2007, 23:14   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@Wim: I knew you were in Glix. In fact, Vinay called me up to get your number, since you had blocked the parking lot But by the time I got to Glix you had left. Vinay told me about the ICE setup for your friend... seems his original budget went for the usual toss! Lol!
Yups, it did for sure

I didn't block the parking lot, Abhishek (the glix one) got it moved there from where I'd parked. After glix we went to Red Lounge for a few beers followed by lunch at Mangio (heavenly!!!). I should've left the key with them actually, but forgot .

Let me know when u're going on 2nd. My friend's getting the work done that day too, might join u guys if I'm able to shake my lazybones to action!
Old 29th September 2007, 23:29   #408
Senior - BHPian

Angel eyes... yes or no?

Guys,
Need some help making up my mind on this one...
Does Phoenix look better with or without angel eyes? Am attaching a pic of the existing setup vs a photoshopped angel eyes setup. Let me know what you think.

Some things to keep in mind.
1. Angel eye headlamp units cost close to 15k.
2. There have been reports of these units not producing good lighting (anyone who has used them, pls provide your feedback).

Old 29th September 2007, 23:34   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There have been reports of these units not producing good lighting (anyone who has used them, pls provide your feedback).
Angel lights surely look awesome much better then stock butttttttt they have lightining issues, thats what ricky_63 had to say after installing them and then switching back to stock.
Old 29th September 2007, 23:52   #410
BHPian

yup there is poor lighting issues... but the angel eyes gives your car mean look... guess you will have to on your fogs with headlights if you switch to angel eyes .
Old 30th September 2007, 09:19   #411
Team-BHP Support

try and get projectors for your car though they might be difficult for this model. i think the angel eyes look better than the stock and the lighting issue can be solved by gettin hids.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:11   #412
Senior - BHPian

Razor Singh, they look good but only if they have that black background, a shiny background would look odd. But, no idea about the quality of the stuff available even though I would think 15k for a pair should get you some good quality stuff.

Why don't you put this on hold till you find something which satisfies you on the quality front? This can be done at any point of time.
Old 30th September 2007, 16:26   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
try and get projectors for your car though they might be difficult for this model. i think the angel eyes look better than the stock and the lighting issue can be solved by gettin hids.
Well, you cannot fit projectors in these units. And HID's in reflector setups are a bad idea IMHO. And from what I discovered, these are the only aftermaket headlight units for the Lancer (in this type of design).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Razor Singh, they look good but only if they have that black background, a shiny background would look odd. But, no idea about the quality of the stuff available even though I would think 15k for a pair should get you some good quality stuff.

Why don't you put this on hold till you find something which satisfies you on the quality front? This can be done at any point of time.
Black background? If you're talking about the inside of the headlight casing, then yeah... it's black.
What you're saying makes sense, and that is what I most probably will do... wait for a more reliable and effective unit to be available. Plus 15k is very very steep.
Old 30th September 2007, 16:32   #414
Senior - BHPian

Razor i suggest you save those 15k and put them in your Mivec Savings Account
Old 30th September 2007, 17:05   #415
BHPian

the angel eyes look good... but i never had any issues with the lighting effect...
i've been using them since one year now....
but i have HID's in all of them....
guess that's what has solved the issue ....

also the blacked-out light will look better than the chrome finish ones...
15k is steep i kno...
i paid the same amount...
but if u dig deep u can get them for only 5k....

and that what i've identified now....

also in these lights the LED's in the round lights go off within a week.... so please make sure u get these lights with warranty....

Old 30th September 2007, 17:24   #416
Team-BHP Support

razor - look what i found
Mitsubishi Mirage 4Dr only 96-98 Headlight Projectors
PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -
97-98 MITS MIRAGE RED CLEAR LED TAIL LIGHTS LAMPS: TL-MRGE-9798-RC-LED-KS Kayee2501

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 30th September 2007 at 17:31.
Old 30th September 2007, 17:41   #417
Senior - BHPian

@akshay: thanks for looking these up dude. I actually have all of these on my computer (I did an insane amount of research for this project!). The first one will not fit the 2000 Lancer... if I remember correctly, the 99 - 01 Mirage models match.

@BUSA: Mivec? I wish!
Old 30th September 2007, 17:44   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@akshay: thanks for looking these up dude. I actually have all of these on my computer (I did an insane amount of research for this project!). The first one will not fit the 2000 Lancer... if I remember correctly, the 99 - 01 Mirage models match.

@BUSA: Mivec? I wish!

really? they look like theyll fit? i even made this for you
Old 6th October 2007, 20:24   #419
Senior - BHPian

Update

So I got Phoenix back today. But I'm not too happy. The mechanics were unable to fit the Pedders properly. The suspension was making a thudding noise every time the car hit the slightest bump, especially the front left.
Krupesh recommended another workshop where Pedders have been fitted on other cars (not Lancers though), so I nursed the car over there from my original workshop. I had to be ultra-careful else I would have wrecked the suspension altogether.
Anyway, made it safely, but was told to come back on Monday. So had to drive back home gingerly, avoiding the potholes and bumps (impossible task, given the current condition of Cal roads). Phoenix will sit tight until Monday, and hopefully the suspension will be fitted properly then.

Other notes:
- Filter + intake + heat shield was fitted, and seems to be working fine.
- Paintjob was hurt a bit due to the car standing in a dusty workshop for close to 4 weeks. Some light scratches have also appeared. I was assured that these would go away with a polishing job (which is due anyway).
- The JBL 75.4 amplifier has a problem :(( The sub was not sounding good, so I had them check the wiring. Wiring was ok, so they tried using another amp... worked fine. So amp's at fault. Was told that the JBL amp would be repaired/replaced since it is under warranty. Vinay (of Glix) has given me a Soundstream amp to substitute for the JBL while it's away.

But whatever be the case, I am very happy to get Phoenix back again
Old 14th October 2007, 02:35   #420
Senior - BHPian

Pedders & PP2 initial review

I've been driving Phoenix around for close to a week after getting the Pedders fitted. Here's my initial feedback on the Pedders mated to the PP2 tyres...
- They handle bad roads pretty well. Cal roads are in PATHETIC shape now, and I was expecting a very stiff ride with the Pedders and low profile tyres. But surprisingly, the ride's been pretty decent. Definitely a touch harsher than stock, but nothing too drastic.
- Had a chance to push the car around a near 360 deg bend today (the road is an exit from NH 6, going towards Cal). Maintained 100+ throughout without making any corrections to the wheel or stepping off the gas. Car stuck like glue to the tarmac. Could have pushed her more, but took it easy this first time... need more time to learn the limits of the car.
I have taken this exit in an Octy and an NHC Vtec previously, but was never able to maintain this high a speed throughout, and feel so comfortable about it. Kinda makes the investment of time, money and effort worth it

There are still have some issues to be sorted out though.
- Wheel alignment to be done.
- Steering box & column need to be checked and overhauled if neccessary. Steering's not feeling steady at all... not something I'm comfortable with.
- Need to fit more powerful bulbs in my fog lamps. Current ones (stock Swift fogs) are pretty useless. Any suggestions welcome.
- Other niggling issues that are pis*ing me off a bit now!

On a positive note, the JBL 75.4 amp was not faulty after all. Will get that back soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks