Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2017, 07:22   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rain repellent - how effective is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Is it a one time application pack? Or, can we use it for multiple times?
It comes in 75 ml bottle. There was around 20 percent of liquid left after one application. I hope it lasts at least 3 months.

Quote:
Did you buy it from the ASC, or from Maruti genuine spare parts shops?
I bought this from a Maruti service centre. It's an official MGA product
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 12:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Proper windshield coatings work and they work very well. Here's my palio with the coating on all glasses. Note how everyone else is on highest wiper speed and the amount of rain pouring and I'm the only guy not using wipers

I took this video last month when Bangalore was being pounded with bad rains, I drove to Mysore that night and I'm sure I did not use more than 30 wipes for the entire 150KM trip in pouring rain. This coating has somewhat deteriorated since its been 1 year and 10 months since application.

SunnyBoi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 13:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Proper windshield coatings work and they work very well. Here's my palio with the coating on all glasses. Note how everyone else is on highest wiper speed and the amount of rain pouring and I'm the only guy not using wipers

I took this video last month when Bangalore was being pounded with bad rains, I drove to Mysore that night and I'm sure I did not use more than 30 wipes for the entire 150KM trip in pouring rain. This coating has somewhat deteriorated since its been 1 year and 10 months since application.
Wow....
Water repellent aside, the engine music is awesome.
Cheers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2017 at 15:27. Reason: video links removed
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 15:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It comes in 75 ml bottle. There was around 20 percent of liquid left after one application. I hope it lasts at least 3 months.

I bought this from a Maruti service centre. It's an official MGA product
Hi Naren,

How is your experience with the Glaco windshield treatment product? Are you satisfied with the performance? Can you please give a short update?

--Anoop
Old 14th March 2018, 20:33   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Hi Naren,

How is your experience with the Glaco windshield treatment product? Are you satisfied with the performance? Can you please give a short update?

--Anoop
Yes, it has been good. It works as claimed. Rains have stopped now, so I am not sure if the performance is same .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 10:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Which product do you use?
Old 15th March 2018, 13:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

If you dont have anything on hand, take a bar of soap - clothes wash soap, wet it and rub across the glass surface. Allow to dry a bit but not fully dry, take a paper towel and wipe dry.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 07:13   #53
BHPian

I had used Rain-X on the windshield during last monsoon. Had followed all instructions on the bottle carefully. Water beading was great but very difficult to drive at night due a strong haze. Haven't applied it again this year even though the bottle is lying around. Anyone else using Rain-X?
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 08:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
I had used Rain-X on the windshield during last monsoon. Had followed all instructions on the bottle carefully. Water beading was great but very difficult to drive at night due a strong haze. Haven't applied it again this year even though the bottle is lying around. Anyone else using Rain-X?
I have used Rain-X, but that was more than 20 years ago. I had the same problem. I think I still have some of that lying around somewhere. Means that they've not changed their formulation, or at least that the problem with this product still remains. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 8th July 2019, 09:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Yes, I use Rain-X and find it extremely effective. Since most of my drive is during daytime only, have not experienced the night haze/glare you are experiencing. I am sure you must have polished it well after 3,4 minutes of application as mentioned in the Rain-X application. In my case I rarely have to use the wipers unless raining very heavily, the water beading off specially at speed is awesome to watch from the driver view

Last edited by goswami.j : 8th July 2019 at 09:15. Reason: .
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 09:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Yes, I use Rain-X and find it extremely effective. Since most of my drive is during daytime only, have not experienced the night haze/glare you are experiencing. I am sure you must have polished it well after 3,4 minutes of application as mentioned in the Rain-X application. In my case I rarely have to use the wipers under raining very heavily, the water beading off specially at speed is awesome to watch from the driver view
Yes, the water repelling effect is very effective but night driving became dangerous for me. I have heard many people say they never faced this hazing issue, so I am not sure if I somehow applied it incorrectly. But I read the instructions carefully and watched many YouTube videos before applying it. I am inclined to try it once more and see, if there's hazing still then I'll wash it off.
Old 9th August 2019, 02:42   #57
BHPian

Dear BHPians, planning to buy a car without rear windshield wipers. Will the rain-x or anything as such would be effective in not letting dust or rain spoil the rear view? Very unfortunate that rear wipers are only given on top model, which is over shooting my budget:-(

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 9th August 2019 at 02:44. Reason: Typo ( auto correction)
Old 9th August 2019, 03:55   #58
Team-BHP Support

Rain-X etc., work great, but Hazing is a real problem if not applied correctly. You have to make sure you remove all the extra Rain-X. Otherwise it will haze. It takes a long time, but if you keep at it, you will remove it.

that said, a good pair of wipers and clean glass is good enough. No need of these gimmics and they are beneficial only for very light rain
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 16:31   #59
BHPian

Has anyone tried out something called a waterproof film for ORVM's?

An accessory shop nearby is selling the same and if it works as claimed, this could be a lifesaver in the torrential rains going on out here in Kerala. It supposedly repels water in an area where the film has been applied.

If anyone has any experience or opinions about this please do chime in.

Last edited by Abhinav_2502 : 14th August 2019 at 16:38.
Old 16th August 2019, 00:21   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Has anyone tried out something called a waterproof film for ORVM's?

An accessory shop nearby is selling the same and if it works as claimed, this could be a lifesaver in the torrential rains going on out here in Kerala. It supposedly repels water in an area where the film has been applied.

If anyone has any experience or opinions about this please do chime in.
Hi Abhinav.

Yes it is really effective. I have Applied them and its working good.

As of now, I am looking for some good coating for my rear windshield as my car doesnt have a rear wiper.

Does the liquid still works? or is there any service offered? Any Help is appreciated.
yogesh12 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks