Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 15:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You know where the Green Cotton filters are available
Oh yes I do Mahesh and am planning on heading there for some work this weekend.

Quote:
The stock replacement k&n is good but I cant tell you if only the k&n made a differnce because I got few other mods at the same time.
Just changing the flange,oils,spark plugs and a replacement airfilter doesnt give much of a performance boost ameego.

Quote:
There is no loud growl with the stock replacement k&n. So if you are looking for the growl go for something else.
Yeah true there is no growl with a stock replacement filter.

My idea was for starters was to get a good aftermarket air-filter and then eventually a FFE.
Old 27th July 2007, 16:05   #17
BHPian

[quote=rjstyles69;513982]
Just changing the flange,oils,spark plugs and a replacement airfilter doesnt give much of a performance boost ameego.
quote]

Well its just made my ride a pleasure to drive and the pick up is excellent now compared to before. And like I said earlier I guess only I would know the difference buddy. Anyways I was'nt looking at turning my lancer into a porsche. Just wanted to make my ride smoother which I did in the end.

i did not get a ffe because I had all the works in my carb 97 esteem and I just could'nt take it to office with all the noise. I needed a ride in which people would take me seriously and I wouldnt have to put up with the growl all through my long drives on the highway.

Cheers
Old 27th July 2007, 16:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx
10w40 synthetic ows oil
This is just semi-synthetic.JD's currently out of stock of the 5W50 fully-synthetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naditya
Also with regard to the oil, as temperatures in chennai hit over 40 degress celcius in peak summer (sometimes even 43-45 degress celcius) the following would have been better choices :

1. 15-W-50 grade
2. 20-W-50 grade.
20W50 is the worst oil available.And its just mineral.
And i know of only 1 brand that's got semi-synthetic 15W50 that Madan's now using.
People who know their oils understand that its the lower number that is more important because the maximum damage to the engine takes place after startup.20WOil takes sometime to warm-up and get the lubricating viscosity and properties and by then,the damage is done.
Hence,10W40 is very superior to the 20W.

Btw bro, what oil are u using in ur car??

Last edited by nitrous : 27th July 2007 at 16:10.
Old 27th July 2007, 16:11   #19
BHPian

I have a stock replacement k&n filter and a automech exhaust for my lancer...Still i cant see any noticeably difference excet for the top end....Just checked with the company 2day and they told they have to check the timing
Old 27th July 2007, 16:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancermaniac
I have a stock replacement k&n filter and a automech exhaust for my lancer...Still i cant see any noticeably difference excet for the top end....Just checked with the company 2day and they told they have to check the timing
All mods work like a chain. The weakest link would deter any positive difference.
So, get ur fuelling, ignition(plugs,wires,coil),etc.. checked with the Bangalore boys. Don't go to the company's monkeys for this.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Nitrous,

So how good do you think the 10w40 is? How often would I need to change my oil? Would my car run better with the 5w50? Since I already have the 10w40 when can I change to 5w50?

Cheers
Old 27th July 2007, 17:09   #22
BHPian

10-40 is fine. 10K Km is a good oil change interval. Nice to see you enjoying your car. Bring it to the track the next time
Old 27th July 2007, 17:13   #23
BHPian

Will bring the car to the track once I get new footwear dude. My bro will probably be there with the swift in which we are planing to get the Simota.
Old 27th July 2007, 17:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Don't go to the company's monkeys for this.
LOL nitrous.

Yeah get it checked with a local garage or get in touch with any of the bangy boys who can help you out.
Old 30th July 2007, 00:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Firstly Redfx please post in paragraphs, its a real pain reading otherwise.

Secondly congratulations on the mods.

Quote:
Only for the lancer it costs so much.
Since very few Lancer owners would put a stock replacement, eh!
Old 30th July 2007, 12:37   #26
BHPian

Busa,

Well I did put it in paras dude but have no idea why it got posted in a clattered format. Sorry anyways.

And I was just joking regarding the lancer's stock replacement k&n price.

Cheers
Old 30th July 2007, 17:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well i have heard a conical KnN responds the best in a Lancer.
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:13   #28
BHPian

Finally got new footwear for my ride. Very cool looking yokos with plati alloys. Will post remaining info in the tyres and alloys section.

Cheers
Old 5th August 2007, 21:13   #29
BHPian

If any Lancer freaks can get hold of a DOHC head nothing like it. THe beast just unleashes!!!
Old 19th August 2007, 20:17   #30

hi
i am buying my first car and am not very knowledgable of the terminology etc. so any mistakes...kindly excuse.
i am buying a 2002 lancer petrol for 2.75lacs. is this a good price?also wanted to know a few things regarding performance mods

1. the engine power is 88ps and i am looking to get a 20-25ps increase.i am thinking of spending around 40k overall on the modifications.what all can be done within this budget.
2. i heard of reprograming the car processor. how good is this and how much does it cost to get it done?

kindly help. also if you could post addresses of where i could get these done in chennai, it would be of great help.
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks