Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 22:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications

Starting this thread as it can serve as a trove of information on what are the must have mods for Jimny and which items can be skipped. I propose an easy to read format which will structure the information and allow folks to go through the thread and search easily. This is even more important considering the sheer amount of things available for the Jimny.

• Item Name
  • Purchase Price
  • Link for product information
  • Short review
  • Pictures on car

• PIAA LP550 Driving Lights
  • Purchase Price : Baht 12500 (approx) IPF Bar - Rs 11k + customs & shipping
  • Product Information
  • Short Review : Purchased from vvp4x4 in Bangkok. Hand carried it to India to install. Was not happy with the mounting solutions available so ordered an IPF Light Bar from Compass Auto. I feel this size was appropriate for the Jimny. Overall I am happy and they have served me well, they have even survived an side impact with a taxi and have lived to tell the tale. I have purchased full black out covers for them as-well as the stone guard you see in the picture.

Overall this setup cost me around 45k and I would say it is on the pricier side but the quality is very good and I am happy so far. I have used these extensively on my trip to Spiti and they have served me well. So if you have the budget for it definitely go for them.
  • Pictures on car
    Initial installation on the car: Here you can see them with the supplied stone guards
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1079.png

Gap with stock grill, I will be changing the grill in the future so I can pull the lights aim up a little. Right now with stock grill the lights are angled slightly downwards
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-7d61de44f59b49a6b6a08a1f2dab22a7.jpg

On off switch neatly mounted, love the integration of this and switchgear quality is excellent
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1083.jpeg

With black covers that I purchased separately to ensure compliance with road regulations
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1287.png

Last edited by quickdraw : 12th October 2023 at 18:25.
quickdraw is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 22:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jimny Accessories & Modifications

• Sensairy TPMS
  • Purchase Price - ₹7000
  • Short review - I did have some initial hiccups with this, the installer I had taken it to did not do a proper job of installing it and was losing air in 1-2 tires post install. Had to visit a few times to get it sorted out and since then its working like a charm. I believe it to be sensitive and accurate and it has given me immense confidence on my drives. Especially to maintain temp and pressure when doing offroad driving where these things are critical. I would highly recommend it even though the price is a bit steep.
  • Pictures on car -

Love the neat integration with Carplay/Android Auto
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1620.jpeg

Sensairy installed
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1621.jpeg
  • Autofurnish 3D Car Auto Seat Back Multi Pocket Storage Bag Organizer
  • Purchase Price - ₹700 (approx) for 2
  • Short review - As you can see in the picture it isn't of great quality but does the job well. I used it extensively during my recent Spiti trip and had all the essentials hands. It does eat up into rear space and I doubt will survive very long but overall a big thumbs up especially since Jimny really suffers for storage spaces inside
  • Pictures on car
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1630.jpeg
  • Amazon Basics Corded Electric Cushion Massager with Heat, Black
  • Purchase Price - ₹1500 (approx)
    Link for product information
  • Short review - This is a great massager which I would highly recommend you keep in the car for long tiring journeys. It's fantastic quality for the price and works really well
  • Pictures on car - NA as this is more of a comfort accessory I keep switching between cars
  • Trunk Hooks, Luggage Hooks for Suzuki Jimny (U Hook + D Hook)
  • Purchase Price - ~₹1200 per set
  • Link to Purchase U Hook & Link to Purchase D Hook
  • Short review - Ok so I picked up both style of hooks for the Jimny boot. Wanted to use these to get the cargo nets tied down effectively. Key thing to note is the U hooks should ideally be used in the bottom section which is behind the rear seat and trunk as the raised design allows easier fastening of carbiners etc. And the D hooks I've got them installed in the 4 bolts up above. Alongwith this I had 2 different set of nets. The Maruti OEM design works well on the floor as a tight fit. So you can shove items below it and it wont move around. The bigger cargo net works excellent for big suitcases and large luggage as it will clamp from the front top D hooks to bottom rear U hooks and secures things in place extremely well. I have subjected it to some extreme conditions and the setup held 2 large suitcases in place very well. Overall a must have IMO.
  • Pictures on car
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1484.jpeg
    Unfortunately I don't have a open trunk picture. But hope this picture gives an idea on how the cargo nets work with luggage.
  • Nayasa Zelda Portable Notebook Memo Plastic Water Bottle Slim
  • Purchase Price - ₹200
  • Short review - Wanted a water bottle that fits the door, this does the job but quality is flimsy and doubt it will last long. Its fine for the price
  • Pictures on car
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1627.jpeg

Last edited by quickdraw : 12th October 2023 at 18:50.
quickdraw is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 18:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

• Windbooster Throttle Controller
  • Purchase Price - Gift
  • Short review - This was the single most best ROI item I got for the Jimny, it really helps with the dead throttle response and makes the car way more drivable in my opinion. There is definitely a marginally negative impact on milage and it does not work well in all situations. For example I switched it to Normal mode (disabled) during high altitude off roading situations. This helps more in on road driving and also in ghats where it helps greatly reduce the throttle inputs/effort you need to give during driving on long trips. I found the sweet spot in 'Sport' mode with setting 5. There are many other modes but they are over responsive or silly. Overall I'd say definitely give it a try if you are unhappy with the way Jimny drives
  • Pictures on car
    Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1624.jpeg
quickdraw is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 06:16   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 07:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice accessories. The Sensairy TPMS integrating with CarPlay/Android Auto makes it the best TPMS system. I will switch to Sensairy or Treel internal TPMS during tyre change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Nayasa Zelda Portable Notebook Memo Plastic Water Bottle Slim
Purchase Price - ₹200
Short review - Wanted a water bottle that fits the door, this does the job but quality is flimsy and doubt it will last long. Its fine for the price
I have this bottle since early 2022 (bought for laptop bag) and would ask everyone to stay away from it as it is manufactured using Grade 6 plastics (Polystyrene or PS). You may verify at the bottom of the bottle by observing the triangle. Note the number inside the triangle and the abbreviation below the triangle. Food grade and BPA free aside, Grade 6 plastics are considered one of the most unsafe plastics to use with food, especially hot food. Water bottle lying in a car can get heated up. Grade 5 plastics (Polypropylene or PP) are relatively safer.

https://theberkey.com/blogs/water-fi...lastic-bottles

Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_7313.png

Suggested alternative to flat bottles: There are metal bottles available online with almost similar capacity. The Zelda bottle above has a 400ml capacity and the metal ones have a capacity of 330-350ml.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 13th October 2023 at 07:33.
PaddleShifter is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 10:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think a must have accessory for the Jimny with the non existent storage space is the floor console tray and the arm rest. Got both relatively at a good price from Amazon Japan, considering local sellers seeling everything at huge markups. You can easily fit a water bottle in the holder on the centre console tray.

Link to post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5634785 (Maruti Jimny Review)
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 11:55   #7
BHPian

Please stop these Nyasa flat bottles immediately. I used them once. While cleaning I found pink colour on the grey plastic part of pink coloured bottle. We stopped using these plastic bottles.
RijuC is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Very tastefully done Jimny!
How are the stock headlamps and foglamps? Do they perform well enough in our notorious high-beam laden roads?
Old 14th October 2023, 20:03   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the thread
Would also request owners to provide feedback on OEM accessories too.
Dealers don’t have most in stock and can’t touch and feel before ordering
Old 14th October 2023, 22:33   #10
BHPian

A very useful thread, after more items are added. Thanks.

By the way, many more flat water bottles are available on AMAZON.IN, all claiming to be food grade non-toxic !

D-hooks and U-hooks are also available at 899/- for sets of four each.
Old 15th October 2023, 20:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Very tastefully done Jimny!
How are the stock headlamps and foglamps? Do they perform well enough in our notorious high-beam laden roads?
Stock headlights are good, I was initially thinking of upgrading the foglamps too. But after getting the PIAA lights I didn't feel the need to. I anyways make it a point never to drive after sunset when traveling and for our normal city roads they are more than adequate. Thanks for the compliment I wanted to do a very minimalist build and also take it easy and not go overboard because of the sheer amount of stuff that's available for the Jimny, it's easy to get carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I think a must have accessory for the Jimny with the non existent storage space is the floor console tray and the arm rest. Got both relatively at a good price from Amazon Japan, considering local sellers seeling everything at huge markups. You can easily fit a water bottle in the holder on the centre console tray.

Link to post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5634785 (Maruti Jimny Review)
Please add a review to this thread as-well
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 20:29   #12
BHPian

Purchase Price:

arm rest (6K) , gear shift organizer (4K) , car rear pocket and tray (3K for 2)

Link for product information: capital car emporium Delhi, Amazon.

Short review:

Must have from day 1 of delivery. All products engineered in Japan. Quality as OEM.

Pictures on car:

Attached
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1626.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1613.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1612.jpeg  

Last edited by Mystic : 10th November 2023 at 20:31.
Mystic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 07:51   #13
BHPian

Steering lock for my Jimny which has been bought decades back in USA for left hand steering of my Mercedes and now being used for Jimny as I am worried about the attention it is causing when parked in public places.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Accessories & Modifications-img_1629.jpeg  

Mystic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 15:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Purchase Price:

arm rest (6K) , gear shift organizer (4K) , car rear pocket and tray (3K for 2)

Link for product information: capital car emporium Delhi, Amazon.

Short review:

Must have from day 1 of delivery. All products engineered in Japan. Quality as OEM.

Pictures on car:

Attached
Hi Mystic
Link is missing. Please add.
Are they Seiwa branded?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 14th November 2023 at 15:12.
Old 14th November 2023, 16:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi Mystic
Link is missing. Please add.
Are they Seiwa branded?
All prices increased by Rs 500 in few days .May be lot of Demand.

https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail...551162497.html

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08HYZSLW2?...p_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09JRXVS6T?...p_mob_ap_share

Last edited by Mystic : 14th November 2023 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks