Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 19:18   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
I do not understand this. What is controlling the ignition then?

Hi,

I would safely guess the original ECU.

@ get_hiyyer_714 - Is the original ECU in the car or is it removed.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 10th August 2007 at 19:19.
Old 10th August 2007, 19:18   #17
BHPian

ported head - Ignition is stock map. there has been no refining is what I mean. but once I grow even richer (richer fuel I mean)..the spark timing alteration through the ECU is hoped to yield even better results.

Forgot to mention - the ride also has MSD

Viper - the original ECU is still in the car...Racedynamics ECU is a standalone unit.

Last edited by ported_head : 10th August 2007 at 19:30. Reason: Please use EDIT function when posting within 20 mins to include all in one post.
Old 10th August 2007, 19:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,
I would safely guess the original ECU.
I would have thought that, but ECM for which engine, SOHC or DOHC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_hiyyer_714 View Post
ported head - Ignition is stock map. there has been no refining is what I mean. but once I grow even richer (richer fuel I mean)..the spark timing alteration through the ECU is hoped to yield even better results.
But, this probably means they are running stock ignition map on the RD ECM.

Quote:
Viper - the original ECU is still in the car...Racedynamics ECU is a standalone unit.
This again is quite contradictory. I'm very confused now.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The head itself costs somewhere around 35k.. but the customs is a rip off.

Because its a 2nd Hand engine...it comes underscrap and there is a lot of fine & penalty to be paid..
So RPW sells used engine heads?

On an avg, how much of duty needs to be paid (a % figure would work)?

I am a little confused too like ported_head. The Racedynamics chip is a piggyback, right? So can the stock (Indian) Lancer ECU drive a DOHC?
I apologize if I am sounding very naive here
Old 11th August 2007, 01:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Race Dynamics ECUs are standalone units. However, I've seen installs where both ECUs, the RD and the OE, are present in the car. You can change by flipping a switch.
Old 11th August 2007, 08:58   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

Can you clarify if the ECU units are switchable via a switch as Akshay mentioned and does the car start and idle with the Race Dynamics ECU or with the stock ECU which I assume is the Indian lancer ECU.

The RD ECU is an excellent product and is value for money but dependency on the original ECU & cutting of the OE ECU wiring was the only thing keeping me from going in for one. Not aware if both those matters have been solved/sorted out now as they are constantly developing something.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 11th August 2007 at 09:05.
Old 11th August 2007, 13:48   #22
BHPian

@ported head - RD ECU is intercepting with the OE injector signal. This interception is not happening with the OE ignition signal because of some firmware being updated. So once the firmware updated is done...I would be able to control my Injection Map as well as the Ignition Map.

There is a switch which jumps to stock MAP and self tuned MAP. There are certain spots in the stock MAP which are enhanced by this tuning.
Old 11th August 2007, 15:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Pics....we need more Pics.!

Use Imageshack.us to upload them.
Old 11th August 2007, 16:04   #24
BHPian

Yeah..More pics Please
Old 11th August 2007, 17:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
@ported head - RD ECU is intercepting with the OE injector signal. This interception is not happening with the OE ignition signal because of some firmware being updated. So once the firmware updated is done...I would be able to control my Injection Map as well as the Ignition Map.

There is a switch which jumps to stock MAP and self tuned MAP. There are certain spots in the stock MAP which are enhanced by this tuning.
How is the RD ECU connected ? do you mean to say signals going from main ecu is intercepted by RD ECU & new values are given from RD ECU to enhance fuel/ign values ? well the piggy back system function this way not the standalone ! how do you come to know that you are at which part of load index this way?
Old 11th August 2007, 17:44   #26
BHPian

I'd request Karthik to come and clarify things himself please.
Old 11th August 2007, 19:16   #27
BHPian

As far as my understanding goes...the signal from the OE ECU is replaced with the RD ECU when performance mode is on. And when switched back to stock mode the base maps as per the Indian Lancer is running the CAR.

I think Karthik would be a better person to answer the intricacies of this.

To answer your query its not like a Haltech E6 where we have to replace the original ECU and run everything from Base. This is something which works in co-ordination with the OE ECU.
Old 11th August 2007, 20:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

But wouldn't the ignition timing values differ for the SOHC and the DOHC head? In that case can you use Indian SOHC values?

As far as I know RD is a standalone. I can understand being able to switch completely between the OE ECM and the standalone or being able to switch between stock and performance maps. But how do you run values for fuel from one ECM and ignition on another. I am very confused. Karthik, help!
Old 11th August 2007, 21:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
As far as I know RD is a standalone. I can understand being able to switch completely between the OE ECM and the standalone or being able to switch between stock and performance maps. But how do you run values for fuel from one ECM and ignition on another. I am very confused. Karthik, help!
the switching switch on the ecu is with the piggy back in which you can switch with 3 settings stock and other 2 not sure read about this long back on his site.
Old 12th August 2007, 01:45   #30
BHPian

You are right ported head it will run ignition pattern of the stock ECU, till the firmware update which Karthik is working on. But however there were lean spots in the stock ECU Maps which are overcome through the fuel control. Its like running an Haltech F10X.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks