Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 15:59   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
akshay , im only saying the thing that happened really. to believe it or not is up to you buddy.
well i believe you but i dont understand how it could be warranty. anyway lets not go OT.

so finally what are the mods your brother is planning to do.

edited- lol

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 15th August 2007 at 16:11.
Old 15th August 2007, 16:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

err my brother actually..
just now got the quote from viper, will go for the air filter, FFE for this month and triphase the next..
Old 15th August 2007, 21:34   #33
BHPian

Hi mclaren, I think the head was just shaved. The entire thing took only a day, actually just half-a-day ! They could've used a thinner gasket though, although I'm not sure. And yes, you're right, only after the porting, polishing, & the compression increase, did I really feel an increase in performance. Can't wait for my cams, & the RaceDynamics EMS !
Old 18th August 2007, 14:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

guys..errr.. a small doubt here.. will the porting and polishing affect the fuel efficiency of the ride?? if yes, then how many approximate kms in FE will get reduced??
Old 18th August 2007, 19:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
this was the quote i got from N1 engineering(speedworks) a few weeks before:

exhaust system=7.5K + VAT
NGK plugs= 2150
MSD cables=4750
pipercross filter- 3630

what say guys?? and i wanna know the FFE price for alto from automech and K&N universal and eXtreme filters, any ideas about the latest price??
It is a very good quote , get the porting and polishing done after FFE .
Old 19th August 2007, 23:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

guys, i still have noo answers: will the porting and polishing affect the fuel efficiency of the ride?? if yes, then how many approximate kms in FE will get reduced??

and what exactly is throttle body enlargement?? is it a good performance mod?? COST?? and pictorial examples will do good..
Old 20th August 2007, 11:27   #37
BHPian

Hi badboy, this is just from my experience...
I was warned that the porting, polishing, & compression increase would decrease my fuel efficiency figures. And for the first tank-full at least, it looked like it was true - my car was drinking fuel. But with a couple of weeks, things turned around, & I was actually getting around 2.5 Kms a liter more than what I was getting before the mods. To put it into perspective, I could go 80 Kms further for every tank-full ! I'm guessing that with all the increased torque, you tend to drive in a higher gear than usual - leading to better fuel efficiency figures.
This continued for a few months until I had my car serviced recently, where a routine engine 'decarbonization' was carried out. To my dismay, the fuel efficiency has figures have dropped lower than stock now ! But badboy, lower fuel efficiency or not, I would still advise you to go ahead with the mods. You will not believe the change in demeanor of your car

Last edited by im_srini : 20th August 2007 at 11:43. Reason: Repeat post, sorry...
Old 20th August 2007, 11:41   #38
BHPian

Hi badboy, this is just from my experience...
I was warned that the porting, polishing, & compression increase would decrease my fuel efficiency figures. And for the first tank-full at least, it looked like it was true - my car was drinking fuel. But within a couple of weeks, things turned around, & I was actually getting around 2.5 Kms a liter more than what I was getting before the mods. To put it into perspective, I could go 90 Kms further for every tank-full ! I'm guessing that with all the increased torque, you tend to drive in a higher gear than usual - leading to better fuel efficiency figures. This continued for a few months, until I had my car serviced recently. A routine engine 'decarbonization' was carried out & to my dismay, the fuel efficiency has figures have dropped to lower than stock now ! But badboy, lower fuel efficiency or not, I would still advise you to go ahead with the mods. You will not believe the change in demeanor of your car

And guys, I'm looking at installing adjustable fuel pressure regulators (FSE or AEM) in my car. The performance web-sites have very nice things to say about them but, on looking around on the web, I came across a couple of experiments where despite increasing driveability, these regulators ran very rich at the top-end - actually reducing power ! Can anybody here who has tried these things post their comments ?
Old 20th August 2007, 11:46   #39
BHPian

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators

Hi guys, I'm looking at installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (FSE or AEM) in my car, as the performance web-sites have very nice things to say about them. However, on looking around on the web, I came across a couple of 'experiments' where despite increasing driveability, it was found that these regulators run very rich at the top-end - actually reducing power ! Can anybody here who has tried these regulators post their comments ?
Old 20th August 2007, 13:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the info srini.. and what about my other question guys:
what exactly is throttle body enlargement?? is it a good performance mod?? COST?? and pictorial examples will do good
Old 20th August 2007, 13:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for the info srini.. and what about my other question guys:
what exactly is throttle body enlargement?? is it a good performance mod?? COST?? and pictorial examples will do good
Check this out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...expansion.html
Old 18th April 2008, 12:00   #42
BHPian

Alto Performance Mods

hey I got a 4 month old Alto Lxi. I wanted to know what kind of performance mods I could get for it without voiding my warranty.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:02   #43

What more???

Please suggest safer & reliable upgrades for this 2002 LXi...its just having autocop & Sony with JBL as extra fittings!

- Lights
- Tyres/wheels
- Engine pick-up
Attached Thumbnails
Performance MODS for ALTO lxi-picture-018.jpg  

Old 1st December 2009, 13:54   #44
BHPian

a friend of mines got an alto FFE on his alto...well i hate the sound but it runs way better than before.i wouldnt suggest plugs and cables as they dont do too much as in its not worth the cost..
Old 5th October 2015, 22:09   #45

Re: Performance MODS for ALTO lxi

I have a 2011 Alto LXi F8D. Now let's be honest, the car is best without A/C and when you do turn it on, well, my personal experience has been that the car becomes really moody. I wan't okay living with that so I this is what I did,
Because I was not willing to go for extensive modifications like turbo-ing it, I decided to go for the lower hanging fruits. First, I chopped off the mile long intake snorkel right upto the air box (pre-filter), that worked so I installed a secondary air inlet, that messed things up. Remember, air flow design is a tricky affair, just like titration experiments in chemistry lab, one extra drop and the whole experiment fails. Undid the second inlet by sealing the aperture. Redid by adding 2 additional air inlets facing front and right upto where the hood lock is located (cold air). That works well, the revs boom without any fuss. You can accelerate much much better with the a/c on, obviously far better without the a/c. Personally, I do not recommend free flow filter, allows a lot of dust into the intake and eventually into the cylinder, I don't want that to happen. Trust me, I know it from the horse's mouth, a friend who drives a 3 liter truck and had used a free flow filet and switched back to original because he could 'see' dust in his intake manifold. Stock is better.
OK now the question, why I did what I did? Like I said earlier, low hanging fruits. First, they don't mess with the reliability factor and secondly, they are comparatively easier to roll back if you are not happy or for any other reason. Of course, cost effectiveness is another benefit. Happy modding
padmakar.vikas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks