Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 00:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

The C-pillar cover will look much better in body color rather than chrome. The Window frames though can be made matte-black rather than chrome, though you have to paint the B-pillar in the same color. It will look hot, try doing a photoshop.

@salilpawar, this is not India's answer to american muscle cars, infact India does not have an equivalent answer (nearest would be the Contessa Classic 1.8GL). Infact this is India's answer to no questions ever raised! Anybody utterring "Mini"?
Old 7th February 2008, 08:25   #92
Senior - BHPian

hiyyer; neat car! Please post bigger pix. Is it an S1?
Old 7th February 2008, 10:35   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The C-pillar cover will look much better in body color rather than chrome. The Window frames though can be made matte-black rather than chrome, though you have to paint the B-pillar in the same color. It will look hot, try doing a photoshop.

@salilpawar, this is not India's answer to american muscle cars, infact India does not have an equivalent answer (nearest would be the Contessa Classic 1.8GL). Infact this is India's answer to no questions ever raised! Anybody utterring "Mini"?
Totally agree with the C-pillar colours and Window frames...will work on that soon. The leaf springs is pretty much new which after driven for a few no of kms is expect to settle down the chassis.

Ok need some suggestions...there is some guy in mumbai who has a double barrel carb - pump type. Has any one run this on a padmini before?

Currently I am running a 110 jet size on a solex. Expect to see much difference after the FFE.

@salilpawar, thanks for the compliment...but I think its way off from a muscle car tag.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:37   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
@ get_hiyyer_714,

how much did the conversion to the 118NE gearbox cost you.
About 7000 - 8000. Got a scrap car which had an NE gear box and then sold the scrap back off.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:50   #95
BHPian

Gentlemen

Old 7th February 2008, 11:03   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
i am sure that Salil ment it as a joke buddy..it is good competition for the Nash Metropolitan though..
Old 12th February 2008, 13:02   #97
Senior - BHPian

@ get hiyyer - some pics of the engine bay please. i guess the car has GY GPS2 - but what about the alloys (details)
Old 20th February 2008, 00:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
I had just made a light hearted comment. But seriously, these Fiats are more of a "spiritual" answer to the Muscle Cars. We (i.e., Indians) are basically doing the same what the Yankees are doing. Souping up old school cars to make them go faster, look better and sound wilder.

My ideas about the Fiat 1100D/Premier Padmini are different from what you have. So, whenever I see a Fiat, my imaginations follow a different track then that of yours. We already had an extended discussion about this, though...

I don't get it. If I'd muttered "Mini", you would have probably went on to say, "Listen, Mini is a British Marque, a Fiat is Italian. These cars are totally different... blah blah.... zzzzz

Cyrus,
Nash Metropolitan...... you just stole my words. Yeah, at a quick glance it does look like a Fiat.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 20th February 2008 at 00:24.
Old 20th February 2008, 01:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I don't get it. If I'd muttered "Mini", you would have probably went on to say, "Listen, Mini is a British Marque, a Fiat is Italian. These cars are totally different... blah blah.... zzzzz

Ha Ha!!

I dont agree with that anticipation of yours too!!

Had you muttered Mini I would have definitely said something about it, but that would be Mini is a fwd and Fiat is a rwd.

Austin Farina?
Old 23rd February 2008, 23:06   #100
Senior - BHPian

hi hiyyer! i ve just done similar interior job in my car, but yours is looking really awesome, should be stanley like quality! and the paint job is awesome.......my car is parked on road so it will be a dream for me to get such a glossy paint!

Note from Mod : Post edited. Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (shd = should, urs = yours, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2008 at 00:16. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 24th February 2008, 09:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

One Word AWESOME !!!!!!! I had gone to Sajal's place in Aug 07 wanting to get a car like this made. He was to get back to me for a test drive. Never happened, guess he is a busy man. Are you going to change the steering wheel ?? Some of the ones I saw at Sajal's were pretty good. Once your car is complete, If it's OK with you, I would love to see it, also your DOHC Lancer. Let's see when we can catch up.

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 24th February 2008 at 09:57.
Old 24th February 2008, 11:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

it looks classic and good interiors there and good pics.
Old 24th February 2008, 23:34   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hey hiyyer!! the only reason why i think you have raised the rear is ground clearance. This is seen on all the taxis here in mumbai in order to compensate for the weight of CNG cylinder.I like the arm rest on the rear door.maybe a black coat on the b pillar and as all have said out here numerous times, removal of that chrome plate from c pillar! And also cannot see any mudflaps on your car as well.Not sure if the steering wheel matches the creamy interior job.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

OT:

@ silverado - are you Ashish Paduval (spelling??) by any chance? welcome to the forum! Please upload the interior pics.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:30   #105
BHPian

What an amazing thread! I have always enjoyed driving the Padmini, but I had no idea these cars could look so hot! Simply amazing! Love that minimalistic look. Sleek and handsome. This thread has opened up another angle to the Padmini. I knew these cars sounded great and were nice to drive, but now I have realised they are great looking Italian beauties.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks