Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2024, 09:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Sunfilms | A cheap option is not always the best one | Lesson learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskinash View Post
Any particular top-shelf brand anyone recommends for the windshield? Any cons of applying a film on the windshield?
I use 3M CR70 in my old Ertiga. Excellent film, makes a noticeable difference in head and glare. No complaints at all. It is so perfectly "bonded" to the windscreen that there is no way of saying there is a film.

I would have loved 3M CR90 - which has 90% transparency, and good enough to use even on factory-tinted windows on my newer cars, but its expensive and no dealer seems to stock them.
Old 7th March 2024, 12:50   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the thread @Raptor_Diwan.

Due to my new work location, My Harrier is kept in the sun for the whole day, almost everyday. None of mine or my fathers car had to endure the relentless sun everyday. I wanted to put sunfilm on the car, which will cut down some heat and VTR. Can someone help me with where I can get authentic Garware sunfilms in Bangalore.
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 13:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Can someone help me with where I can get authentic Garware sunfilms in Bangalore.
You can refer to this post.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 13:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
With regards to OP's complaint about light scattering, that is exactly how my rear windshield felt immediately after installation. I too was told to check for a few days and report back since it will take time for the glue to set-in. For now, the light scattering has reduced drastically. However, there seems to be some image deformation near the defogger lines, which I have to get checked this week. The biggest advantage for 3M is that it is almost invisible and has no light scattering issues while Garware one can be identified easily.
Certainly, in my other car, I have 3M tint installed, and there's no light scattering even right after the installation. I installed it around 8 PM and drove, but there wasn't a single instance of scattering with 3M. Not sure why other brand has to wait for sometime to let the soapy water dry. Which brand have you installed on your rear windshield? Is it 3M?
raptor_diwan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 13:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Certainly, in my other car, I have 3M tint installed, and there's no light scattering even right after the installation. I installed it around 8 PM and drove, but there wasn't a single instance of scattering with 3M. Not sure why other brand has to wait for sometime to let the soapy water dry. Which brand have you installed on your rear windshield? Is it 3M?
I've installed Garware Ice Cool Shield SG at the rear. I am yet to install one on my windshield since they did not have Artic Cool in stock last week. Day time visibility is fine. However, during night when the head lights are on, there is a slight distortion of image near the defogger lines. The rear ward visibility is improving with every passing day though. May be this is how it is with Garware. I have no such issue with the side windows.

My cousin has 3M CR70 installed on all windows on his vehicle. I was there along with him during installation (we got film installed 1 day apart) and noticed zero issues on the drive back home. It is as if there is no film installed at all. While I regret not going for 3M sometimes, given that I paid 1/3rd of what 3M costs, I have no complaints.
furyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 21:39   #21
BHPian

Square to graphics is the distributor for Garware in Bangalore .We can buy from them directly and get it installed from local shop. But it looks an expensive affair as my friend end up spending 7500 including installation (3500 + 4000 for installation). Chennai they do it for 4500 in all shops.

Last edited by mrdexter : 21st March 2024 at 21:39. Reason: Missed the city name
mrdexter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks