Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 11:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Shrivat69,

Nice work on the car. I saw the alloys and they looked wicked ! The FFE finally arrived from Bengalooru - am waiting to take a look and hear it so that I can compare which sounds better - a Baleno with a FFE or a Baleno with no end can.

And RJS - that was so very nice of you to do that. But then these kind of things happen here - after all its Team-BHP
Sure thing, come down to Pune soon.. We'll have another MegaMeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice report Shrivz. I had a first hand experience of hearing the car with no end cam . Now to hear her with the FFE

The alloys looks delicious. Do take some better pictures and post them in your garage. I'm sure you'll get a lot of compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Shrivz,

Awesome stuff man. Trust me that you're going to enjoy that FFE for a long time to come. Drive her down to Bengalooru the next time you'e headed to Ooty/put up at Bangalore Club, will ya?!

And yes, Riju is currently being nominated for the title of Holy Heart by the Vatican.
I'm trying to work out a trip to Bangalore soon. Will let you guys know as soon and something concrete is decided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL
Great job riju, there seems to be no end to your goodness. Nice choice of alloys shrivz.
Thanks mate!

Last edited by shrivz : 4th September 2007 at 11:03. Reason: add
Old 4th September 2007, 12:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

now what are the next mods on your ride??
Old 4th September 2007, 12:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

She looks beautiful, Shrivz! The alloys look simply great!

Riju, you da man
Old 4th September 2007, 12:52   #19
BANNED

On first thoughts, I guessed the 2000 model thingy would be a Parwin Babi. But it is a surprise that she looks a Sush with some good curves and chrome on the correct places. Nice to see that dude!

Riju! That's great spirit. 3cheers to Team-BHP. Keep it up!
Old 4th September 2007, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
now what are the next mods on your ride??
Well, theres a list:
  1. A Subwoofer in a Sealed box
  2. CAI piping
  3. Strut Brace
  4. HU Upgrade
    so on and so fourth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
She looks beautiful, Shrivz! The alloys look simply great!

Riju, you da man
Thanks hydra! Riju is da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
On first thoughts, I guessed the 2000 model thingy would be a Parwin Babi. But it is a surprise that she looks a Sush with some good curves and chrome on the correct places. Nice to see that dude!

Riju! That's great spirit. 3cheers to Team-BHP. Keep it up!
Thanks zak..

Also, the front Grill isn't chrome plated. The layer of black Paint on the stock grill has been scraped off!

Last edited by shrivz : 4th September 2007 at 14:24.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:34   #21
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
Bought her in Nov 2005. She's a 2000 model and I'm the third owner.
She's done about 98000 kms on the odo and a revamp has been long overdue.
So you got alloys, tyres and an FFE. What about suspension, clutch and steering overhaul? Are these still OEM in your Baleno?

The reason I am asking is that my Santro has done about 58000 kms now and a mechanic at National Motors (Bandra-Kurla complex, authorized Hyundai service) has advised me to do the suspension work before changing my tyres, which is due at about 64000 kms (when my present tubeless Bridgestone S322 tyres would have done 30000 kms). And clutch shudder has started appearing in heavy traffic, steering column vibrates under hard cornering or very rough roads. I am mentally preparing myself for getting these jobs done at the next service rather than wait for some potentially serious failure.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
So you got alloys, tyres and an FFE. What about suspension, clutch and steering overhaul? Are these still OEM in your Baleno?

The reason I am asking is that my Santro has done about 58000 kms now and a mechanic at National Motors (Bandra-Kurla complex, authorized Hyundai service) has advised me to do the suspension work before changing my tyres, which is due at about 64000 kms (when my present tubeless Bridgestone S322 tyres would have done 30000 kms). And clutch shudder has started appearing in heavy traffic, steering column vibrates under hard cornering or very rough roads. I am mentally preparing myself for getting these jobs done at the next service rather than wait for some potentially serious failure.
The Suspension overhaull was completed at about 75000kms with the front lower-arms and rear struts being replaced.

The Front Struts are still the same and are in good condition. One of the rear struts struck a leak a few days after being replaced. It was again replaced free of cost since it was a MGP!

The clutch is on the verge of replacement!

Steering Column has just started showing its age, that too has to be replaced, but not immediately.

There is a temporary solution for clutch shudder. Increase the play on the clutch cable. In the baleno, there is a small screw that needs to be loosened by a few notches. Run the car for a few kms, and then set the play back to your comfort position. In my case, clutch shudder disappeared. The same thing was carried out on my cousin's alto which had just completed about 6000kms and we experienced clutch shudder. It was successful.

Note: This suggestion is purely on the basis of my personal experience. I could be wrong.

Last edited by shrivz : 4th September 2007 at 14:48.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Suspension overhaull was completed at about 75000kms with the front lower-arms and rear struts being replaced.

Steering Column has just started showing its age, that too has to be replaced, but not immediately.
@Shrivz, what was the approx cost for the suspension overhaul ?

And what are the signs of the steering column showing its age ?
Old 4th September 2007, 15:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@Shrivz, what was the approx cost for the suspension overhaul ?

And what are the signs of the steering column showing its age ?
Well, for the Front lowerarms + rear struts + various Bushes + Strut Greasing + a few other niggly parts like the drive shaft / axle boots, the whole thing costed approx 28 - 30k

Rubber parts are extremely expensive, since most of them are SGPs and are imported from Japan.

The steering column has started giving a khatak sound over some potholes. Theres another thread where this is being discussed, and I'm made to believe that its a very common thing with Balenos and its nothing to worry about. But lets see, still need to do more research before coming to a conclusion. That sound is VERY irritating! The steering column costs approx Rs. 3500/-

Last edited by shrivz : 4th September 2007 at 15:33.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The steering column has started giving a khatak sound over some potholes. Theres another thread where this is being discussed, and I'm made to believe that its a very common thing with Balenos and its nothing to worry about. But lets see, still need to do more research before coming to a conclusion. That sound is VERY irritating! The steering column costs approx Rs. 3500/-
I have changed the entire assembly twice under warranty and still the sound persists. IMO steering column change is not required.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
sound is VERY irritating! The steering column costs approx Rs. 3500/-
How much does the rack cost?
Old 4th September 2007, 15:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
How much does the rack cost?
Spoke to my service advisor, he said the rack assembly is approx Rs. 16000/-
Will confirm this later in the evening.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have changed the entire assembly twice under warranty and still the sound persists. IMO steering column change is not required.
Well then, the steering column isnt the issue. It needs to be identified correctly. I'll keep you guys posted on the "Baleno Problems" thread.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

I reported the Khatak sound on my car during the first service last year. They said it's a common issue. The service engineer said they had tightened some bolt in the front lower arm, using 5kgm torque.
Since then, the frequency of occurrence of the sound has reduced a LOT.

It now happens only if I go in real fast into a sharp pothole.
Old 4th September 2007, 15:58   #30
BHPian

There are two different Khatak sounds which I have observed.

One comes from the Lower arm, mostly left, and the other comes from the steering column.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks