Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 00:24   #16
elf
BANNED

@navin_bhp: Thanks for sharing the pics - though, the next time please use the thumbnail feature. (Don't ask how, it's listed in the Forum Rules section).

Why don't these idiot body modders ever stop to think about the power that their 'creations' would require, instead of just adding more weight to an already overloaded anemic engine...
Old 9th February 2007, 01:51   #17
BANNED

good to see such "creations" on our indian roads as well.....had spotted a black toyota camry stretch n a blach s class stretch here in delhi few days back..both of them looked really nice.

@elf...i guess its motor is powerful enough to pull that kind of load without much hassle..unless the driver wants some jiggy jiggy "pedal to the metal" on a limo(which i absolutely doubt on)
Old 9th February 2007, 02:11   #18
BHPian

But people driving a limo or a streched car in Indian traffic.Is it viable and comfortable? We cant properly race in a sedan in city traffic because it need space to turn like camry or an accord, so how comfortable a limo can be?
Old 9th February 2007, 02:27   #19
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
@elf...i guess its motor is powerful enough to pull that kind of load without much hassle..unless the driver wants some jiggy jiggy "pedal to the metal" on a limo(which i absolutely doubt on)
You gotta be kidding... the breathless Endeavour engine puts out 120 dying horses. That's not even enough to drag that poor beached whale across a parking lot.

Imagine what happens to those poor horses when some bonehead comes along, stretches the beached whale's body, adds a bar & some garish lighting to it.

Somebody call the SPCA.
Old 9th February 2007, 03:09   #20
BHPian

Thats a good point carlover84..in a city like chennai or banglore where people are struggling to park their Alto's and santro's where can someone park the Limo sized car...no shopping mall's here has that much space....in theaters the guy has to pay for three parking tickets(not going to be a problem for him but still is funny) ... I would say its pretty impractical in India...
Old 9th February 2007, 09:04   #21
BHPian

Standard Endeavour itself has a playground inside . Why do people stretch it?.

I personally dont like the idea of LIMOs. Instead why dont people go for those RVs?. I know in india there are some RVs on Tempo Traveller base.
Old 9th February 2007, 12:06   #22
BHPian

How do they manage to drive this around in chennai !!
Old 9th February 2007, 12:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

First off... thanks for the wonderful pics.

The small lights on the roof inside the "LIMO" are swarovski crystals as per my guesses.

I had been to the Jaguar showroom on richmond road in blore sometime back when we had to choose bath accessories for our new apartment.

Apparently they stock much more than just bath accessories. The starting range for this (called swarovski galaxy or something) was from Rs. 120,000/-. looked abolutely gorgeous though.

Coming to the length of the car and consideing practicality i guess it was done only up only for the event. I wonder how someone can actually drive this monster around, for even one day in normal daily traffic.

And the parking lots in most malls are either on the roof or in the basement. The driveways are extremely narrow (best example is Garuda Mall in Blore ) and this car would definitely get stuck in such places.

Overall the quality looks good and execution is way better than Chabria's designs.
Old 9th February 2007, 13:05   #24
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot for the pics, buddy... after all the discussion, was good to see what it actually looked like.

Good thing it wasnt given to DC for a makeover... lest it came out sporting a beard and ears..... (plz go thru the 'Weird n Wacky Mod Jobs section' for more details)
Old 9th February 2007, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Kool thought chanapli..For a country like India I also think tempo treveller base is better than buying a car and getting is streched, firstly its gonna save money and would look more indian too rather than copying foreign trends which is not applicable for India as per now......Navin what you wrote is also very correct that it is totally impractical to pay 3 parking tickets for one car and infact the parking guy would also laugh at the owner.It is not practical to drive a strech in country like India where even a Reva dont gets parking space easily....Cheers to u all
Old 9th February 2007, 13:34   #26
BHPian

I really doubt anyone buying one of these will drive to the mall and try parking it in the parking structure there! It'll probably be seen most often in hotel forecourts, airport concourses and so on
Old 9th February 2007, 14:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really doubt anyone buying one of these will drive to the mall and try parking it in the parking structure there! It'll probably be seen most often in hotel forecourts, airport concourses and so on
exactly my thoughts. i dont think a man being driven in one like this will ever shop in indian malls or go the movies.

Nice pics navin_bhp. Thanks for the same.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 9th February 2007 at 14:14.
Old 9th February 2007, 15:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know we had bling bling hip-hop artists in India . Anyways, the execution seems nice. But it looks a bit under-tyred I think. And as someone already stated, "poor poor driver"
Old 9th February 2007, 20:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
good to see such "creations" on our indian roads as well.....had spotted a black toyota camry stretch n a blach s class stretch here in delhi few days back..both of them looked really nice.
did any body ever saw a stretched amby ! ! ! .
I happen to read about it once online, when I was searching for car modifications. That amby's look was a bit modified to look like a lincon or was it a cadillac, either one of them:
check this link:
Welcome To NIRA KARS
WELCOME TO NIRA KARS
When I talked about this to one my uncles he wanted to one such, oh! but not so much stretched, only by 6 inches to get more rear space and not to look pompous as he will travelling to rural areas. Finally settled for a quallis.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 9th February 2007 at 20:20. Reason: url added
Old 9th February 2007, 20:39   #30
Team-BHP Support

I'm scared this will break into 2 if too many people sit inside.

And why the aura alloys the endy comes with good alloys as OE.

Elf i think its 111bhp not even 120. severely underpowered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks