Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 22:30   #16

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys, can someone explain these graphs to us illiterate guys up North -- Damn , I dunno what you guys are talking about but woudl be good if I could figure out what these mean coz Im sure we gonna see a lot more of these charts come up .

Cheers
hey khaadu,well the x axis(horizontal line) is the rpm in increasing intervals while the y axis(vertical line) has power(in hp) and torque.so,basically the graph is showing a relation between the rpm of the engine versus the power & torque produced by the engine at that specific rpm.both the hp & torque are printed as a their respective curves(power curve and torque curve).
so if you notice the ohc turbo,the engine starts producing 45 hp at around 3250 rpm and both torque and curve rise steadily from there on.the engine produces its maximum power of approx 150hp at around 6800 rpm after which both power and torque drop immediately.thats the revlimit of the engine.now you would notice a drastic increase in torque and hp at around 5250 hp.that is the turbo kicking(non vtec) in or probably the combined effect of the cam and the turbo(in case of a vtec).hope i explained it nicely.

Last edited by hellspawn : 18th October 2007 at 22:33.
Old 18th October 2007, 22:34   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Motorsport View Post

Another dyno run of OHC with turbo,secret internals , stock ECU.. In a few days i will put up a run of the same car with a standalone ECU from Race Dynamics....

posted the graph again to correlate with my post above.
thanks
Old 19th October 2007, 04:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks for the explanation hellspawn.

Some parts of the graph are circled. What is being pointed out there?
Old 19th October 2007, 05:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Some parts of the graph are circled. What is being pointed out there?
The circled parts are pointing out the flat spots on the power curve of the engine. It can be observed as a fall in the curve, followed by a rise. This means the power produced by the engine goes down at that particular RPM and before it goes up again. An ideal power curve should be a parabola. For example, check out the Turbo OHC power curve. It has no flat spots.

Can someone clarify why the torque curve of the Turbo OHC is steady between 5000-5250 RPM?

Last edited by doomsday : 19th October 2007 at 05:16.
Old 19th October 2007, 10:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone clarify why the torque curve of the Turbo OHC is steady between 5000-5250 RPM?
Thats prob the peak torque produced by the engine without boost. The torque peaks out at around 142nm and just when you think it's gonna start dropping, the boost kicks in and takes it all the way to 170nm.

Shan2nu
Old 19th October 2007, 20:50   #21
BHPian

nice
keep them coming

next person to buy a NEW decently hi end car
please go get dyno'ed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks