Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2008, 21:40   #16
BANNED

Anyone heard of the old matiz engine on the new variant of Spark.

Yes its going to happen, not sure where i read it, but our old Matiz engine will be available new. Why worry for spares.

Otherwise also, in Bangy Matiz population is almost equal to the M-800's running and so far not had trouble with spares.

Enjoy the car guys. Nothing to fret about.
Old 19th October 2008, 21:57   #17
BHPian

So far, I have not faced any issues with regards to maintenance. Spares are available, but yeah, at times it is difficult to source them, which might take couple of days. Otherwise, so far, I have never faced any issues with either the spares or service.
Old 20th July 2010, 01:45   #18
BHPian

Hi, although i know this is an old thread and its 2010 now. Does anyone know if spares are still available for the Matiz? How easy or how difficult is it to get these spares?

I'm talking of engine overhaul spares, oil filters, air filters, electronic controls, lights etc?

thank you
Old 20th July 2010, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Very difficult to get originals, especially for stuff like exhaust piping, etc.
Had to change wire harness a couple of years ago, procured used one. Runs well.
I doubt if you will get ECU, but my garage tells me it is available (I'm sceptical).
Best to get from used parts bazaars, possible in Bombay.
Items for suspension, etc should be easy.
Engine components also may be standard stuff (esp. bearings, pistons, but not sure about rocker arm assemblies, etc) , but not sure.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:38   #20
BHPian

My mechanic was telling me the other day that most suspension components and miscelleneous parts of the Matiz would match with that of the Zen's.
Not realy sure about this claim though.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
My mechanic was telling me the other day that most suspension components and miscelleneous parts of the Matiz would match with that of the Zen's.
Not realy sure about this claim though.
Lower arm is same as Zen, but not axle shafts, tie rod ends or struts.
Old 6th October 2010, 14:46   #22

Matiz Service Center

Hello,

Could anyone could refer a good and reliable service center for Daewoo Matiz in Bangalore?

I have a 2000 Matiz (SA model) which had to recently undergo a head-assembly overhaul due to its timing belt snapping. I have had a very bad experience in getting it repaired. The first mechanic (OM Motors, JP Nagar) did an EXTREMELY shoddy job of the overhaul - the timing belt snapped again just after a couple of months of the repair. I then got it serviced by another mechanic (Vikas Corporation, Mysore Road) who did the second round of overhaul including replacing of the engine shaft. And now it seems that there an oil leakage in the piston assembly which is causing a lot of exhaust emission. The mechanic tells me that a complete engine overhaul is required! Both these repairs have costed me almost Rs. 20K !!

I’d like to avoid any further experimentation with such local shoddy mechanics. As there wouldn't be any authorized Matiz service centers anywhere (I assume?), I am looking for a reliable mechanic who knows the Matiz internals inside-out. Would much appreciate if any could point to a local workshops in Bangalore from your first-hand experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Anurag

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th October 2010 at 15:04. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 6th October 2010, 15:08   #23
Team-BHP Support

Any good multi brand garage should be able to help you with this, since authorized guys might be difficult to come across. Avoid the small local garages, often they don't have the tools or experitize for modern cars.

What i would suggest is scout around for a good multibrand garage near to your locality and then speak to them. Also double check on how comfortable they are in procurement of parts also. Ask them to diagnose and come up with a quote and if you are ok go ahead with the build.

Maybe you can share which locality you are in so that BHP'ians can suggest some reliable garages they use. Just curious how much has the car run? If its more than 1.2 to 1.5 lakh then a complete overhaul might be a good idea afterall.
Old 6th October 2010, 16:15   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any good multi brand garage should be able to help you with this, since authorized guys might be difficult to come across. Avoid the small local garages, often they don't have the tools or experitize for modern cars.

What i would suggest is scout around for a good multibrand garage near to your locality and then speak to them. Also double check on how comfortable they are in procurement of parts also. Ask them to diagnose and come up with a quote and if you are ok go ahead with the build.

Maybe you can share which locality you are in so that BHP'ians can suggest some reliable garages they use. Just curious how much has the car run? If its more than 1.2 to 1.5 lakh then a complete overhaul might be a good idea afterall.
Many thanks for your quick answer. The car has done around 89K Kms. I too was thinking of an engine overhaul, but would like to get that done only from a reliable garage. I stay in JP Nagar – 8th Phase area in B’lore and it would be great if you could suggest a reliable & authorized garage. In fact, I’d prefer reliability over distance – and am okay to go to any authorized garage in B’lore that is the most reliable according to Team BHP!
Old 6th October 2010, 16:23   #25
Team-BHP Support

I have heard good things about RAC in koramangala, but no personal experience with them. Maybe others can suggest some more options.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:13   #26

A separate thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bngalo...s-adugodi.html), recommends a garage called Bangalore Motor Works in Adugodi for Matiz.

Is this a good & reputed garage?
Old 18th November 2010, 21:02   #27

You can also check with BOSCH Servicing Outlets in all the major cities (Check for address over the net). they are quite reputed and claim to service and repair almost any vehicle. ofcourse cost may be an issue. For Spares, Delhi & specifically Kashmiri Gate near Old Delhi Railway Station is a gold mine for all out of market vehicles. anybody planning a trip there wont be disappointed, iam sure. i have a matiz & i source all my spares from there. no problems till now.
Old 21st November 2010, 01:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

My ex-Daewoo dealer (who I go to) sources parts from Bombay's Lamington Rad where apparently some shops do procure Matiz parts. Whenever I do not get them there, there is the used-car-parts-bazaar of Kurla where you can get anything.
recently, one of the gear changers (is that the name?) failed and ,my mechanic simply swapped my old gear box for a used gear box from Kurla, all of Rs 6,000. IN any case, my gear box has done 2.60 lakhs kms, so I guess the "new" old gearbox is a good thing.
Old 21st November 2010, 08:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag47 View Post
A separate thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bngalo...s-adugodi.html), recommends a garage called Bangalore Motor Works in Adugodi for Matiz.

Is this a good & reputed garage?
Yes it is a good place. my matiz is being regularly serviced and repaired there. Honest clean buisness. recommended to me by muralisk.
Old 8th January 2011, 16:26   #30

Re: Matiz maintaince Issues

you can check fast cars, next to lathangi ford on BG road. next to JP nagar. these guys do a good job on most brands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks