Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 02:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
and does Iridium Spark plugs add any value to the already existing mods on my ride?
None. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada.
Old 7th September 2008, 08:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
None. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada.
Thanks v1p3r for your feedback then i suppose am done with my stage1 mods and will be trying to get a neat body kit done.
cheers:
Old 8th September 2008, 22:04   #48
BHPian

No ways brother, the alto is with headers and she will easily blow-off the s.h.i.t out of a santro anyways. But the exhaust note could have been more sweeter. No offence. Now stop that Girish...Will you. I know you like her to the core.
Old 10th September 2008, 10:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
No ways brother, the alto is with headers and she will easily blow-off the s.h.i.t out of a santro anyways. But the exhaust note could have been more sweeter. No offence. Now stop that Girish...Will you. I know you like her to the core.
Thanks brother "nikibusa" and maybe the exhaust note need to be a little more sweeter and will try to get it fixed later. Since the upgrades have been staged one after the other, i am feeling the ride is more responsive with each one and am really loving it. Its like a pocket rocket which definitely hurts egos when on the road .
Old 10th September 2008, 14:03   #50
BHPian

Hi, VJ_MAVRICK,
can you give the cost incurred in the modification, i am planing for the mid and high FFE for my 800cc Alto.Also in Bangalore who will be the right person to contact about the same.
Old 10th September 2008, 14:10   #51
BHPian

Hi Mavrick,

Nice work from what I read on your ride buddy, I have seen (on the internet though) a few body kits done by KITUP in coimbatore and IMHO they look good. Do google Kitup and perhaps take a look it should be worth the effort.

Good luck buddy and drive safe.

Best Regards,

Srinivas
Old 12th September 2008, 10:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

@mohang_j: For the FFE it might cost you around 6K as your ride is a 800cc with a 12 Valve engine and you can get 3x1 headers,intermediate pipes,muffler and the endcan. For the CAI around 3K is an additional expense. I have got it done in Mumbai from VIPER bhai and here in Bangalore you can get it done from Psycho,Raj hingorani to name a few. You can pm Jassi (whose santro was done by shabbir through Raj) and he might be of help to you.

@Srini: Thanks for the pointer Srini and i already got a quote from Kitup for about 30K inclusive of front and rear bumpers,skirts,painting and upgradation to WRC spoiler and its on the higher side for me as of now adding to the travel i need to do to Coimbatore. So need to decide and then get the kitup done in the coming months.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Gurus,Friends! Need suggestions

I have been contemplating a RD ECU for my Alto 1.1 and need your suggestions.

The current mods on my ride are the following with 45K on the ODO

1. CAI
2. FFE
3. Triphase (Though many ward this off! I got it installed only to notice the 4th gear riding in city traffic is without shuddering)

Also upgraded the usage of Engine oil from Mineral to Synthetic. Wanted to get the spark plugs changed to Irridium, but many on the forum suggested the difference is not that significant.

Does going for a RD ECU make sense for a 1.1 L Alto engine or is it just , I have gone through the stage by stage modifications thread and was thinking whether this thought makes some sense for my ride.

Your suggestions are welcome and would like to think about it based on your comments.

PS: I also have a plan to get body kit done to juice up the aesthetics, so need to carefully plan based on your inputs.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

VJ,

City riding in 4th without shuddering... mmm...

I reckon it is time I also started doing something to my Alto (unfortunately not a 1.1). At 55k on the odo there is not much that I have done to it thank giving it a set of tubeless.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Suresh ! You should definitely plan on @least CAI and FFE and regarding the shuddering its not that I entirely drive on the 4th but there is a marginal improvement in the 4th gear as compared to earlier.

Guys ! do drop in suggestions for the RD ECU else am I being too ambitious here
Old 30th January 2009, 11:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to get a wider throttle body in about some time for my 1.1 Alto and any pointers about how much would that cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks