Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 12:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

See firstly,
The twin cam head is of no use on the swift the performance upgrade is very very minor.
Yes a the swift head,esteem,and baleno head are similar with very minor variations.
Ricky, consider these options instead:
1. TC the 1.3 swift
2. Plonk in a Baleno bottom half stay NA with a good head job,headers.
3. Get option 2 and turbo it

BUT PLEASE UPGRADE BRAKES

Coming to costs it varies from tuner to tuner. but you are looking at a sizable amount and yes you also have to look at fueling with all 3 options. may need to look at baleno injectors, fuel management too.
A very vaild point by viper that a 1.6 swift should be faster than a baleno. I agree only other mod required would be a nice gearbox on the swift and it would kill a baleno.
Cams for all 3 are different.
Old 4th September 2008, 12:17   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yup. But then we need to count in other factors like weight, aerodynamics etc of the two cars too. Unfortunately, no one has done this comparo till date. I have seen baleno blocks mated with twin cam heads, baleno engines put into a zen but never into a swift.
the blue turbo swift which we went for a drive in was a baleno bottom half.
Old 4th September 2008, 12:59   #48
BHPian

Go turbo, you want more, go forged, go higher boost.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
A very vaild point by viper that a 1.6 swift should be faster than a baleno. I agree only other mod required would be a nice gearbox on the swift and it would kill a baleno.
Cams for all 3 are different.
Amit jee, how come a swift 1.6 will be faster than a baleno 1.6? when we say baleno bottom half mated with swift 1.3 head in to a swift & since baleno,Esteem & Swift head are almost similar (according to your earlier post), we almost can say its running a baleno engine, the only difference left is the cam & ECU. stock wise baleno is more powerful than swift. & there is not much of weight difference between Swift & Baleno, in fact i think baleno is lighter than swift (i may be wrong- Rahul pls clarify). I think by doing bottom end swap in to a swift off a baleno engine, Swift might just be able to keep pace with Baleno, might be little here & there, but i dont think difference would be huge enough that it will kill the baleno.
P.S : i am not aware of Rod/stroke ratio of swift & Baleno engine hence i am not considering that point as of now.
Old 4th September 2008, 19:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

sir the factor which will tip the scales in the swift's favor is the gearbox that is the key to killing the baleno. And for me to say that you can imagine
Old 4th September 2008, 20:07   #51
BHPian

Hmmm makes sense now, What gear ratio does swift run? Should compare the gear ratios of swift & baleno along with final drive. some one should test out that combination and compare results.
Old 4th September 2008, 20:16   #52
BANNED

Amit,

Can you do me a favour and list down the bhp figures of all the following engines in question.

G13BB Indian swift = 87 bhp
G16BB indian Baleno = 94 bhp
G13B swift gti DOHC =?
G16B swift gti DOHC = ?

Lets take costing keeping all internals as stock but basic modding done.

Indian swift engine - cost of port/polish + exhaust + turbo + stand alone = 1.6lacs approx.

Baleno bottom swap in swift + exhaust + port/polish + stand alone =?

full baleno swap in swift + port/polish + exhaust + stand alone =?

G13b swap in indian swift = 1.25 lacs(talking about complete swap i.e reconditioned engine + gearbox + ecu + wiring + instrument console + starter + power steering + compressor etc) Less old swift engine

G16B swap in swift = Rs1.5lacs (talking about complete swap i.e reconditioned engine + gearbox + ecu + wiring + instrument console + starter + power steering + compressor etc) Less old swift engine

I have not counted labour as that figure will be constant in all and vary from installer to installer.

The fastest turbo swift dynoed with all stock internals & no changes in anything else = 105hp max.

There was a swift which had a baleno engine installed & dynoed which had exhaust, port/polish, CAI + RD ECU which was dynoed. I think it did not cross 100 hp. Will ask karan if he has the dyno chart and post.

IMO a G16B swap will definitely be more powerful, faster and cheaper to do plus will be absolutely daily driven with zero reliability issues.

I could be wrong though. Kindly take the time out to fill in the above figures and correct as you think appropriate.

Viper
Old 4th September 2008, 21:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Done viper bhai dont have much details as am on the way to chennai for the next few days.Posting from my phone.
G16 twincam is 120 horses
G13 twincam is 100 horses
Old 4th September 2008, 21:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

check this site out:
1985 Suzuki Swift History - Top Speed

Also guys what I say is from my experience and trials. So it might vary from what you think or approve
cheers
Old 5th September 2008, 01:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You pretend quite well .
I swear to God, on all that I hold dear, I didn't know Vikram is getting a 1.6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
the blue turbo swift which we went for a drive in was a baleno bottom half.
That's quite a nice car. Have had the privilege of seeing it being built. Of course, it's nothing compared to the legend who owns it.
Old 5th September 2008, 08:00   #56
BHPian

According to the test carried out by overdrive a stock baleno did 0-100=12.5s while a swift does 0-100=12.9s,so not much diference in accelaration as you can see.Also i think a G13 engine having only 100hp cant do a 8.3s 0-100.
I think the best option would be to TC the standard swift engine,and reduce boost for daily driving,or the second and more cubersome option would be a G16 swap.
Old 5th September 2008, 09:15   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
how much wild? specs if any? one can even carry out a simple test by using a swift cam on to a baleno engine. & see how the engine responds.
Don't remember the figures correctly. But the difference is some 12-15 degrees I guess and the baleno has slightly more lift. Yes, I do know some people who have used a swift's cam onto a baleno and reported better responsiveness.

Here are the gear ratios for the swift:
  • 1st - 3.652
  • 2nd - 1.947
  • 3rd - 1.397
  • 4th - 1.0
  • 5th - 0.795
  • reverse - 3.67
final drive - 5.125:

Baleno's gear ratios:
  • 1st - 3.652
  • 2nd - 1.947
  • 3rd - 1.397
  • 4th - 1.0
  • 5th - 0.795
  • FD - 5.125
Need to check these ratios once again.

Regarding the weight of the two cars, the baleno's is 975 kg (kerb weight) while the swifts varies from 980-1010 depending on variants.

Also another point to consider is the state of tune of the Euro/Bharat - III ECU's. From what I am told the maps are very conservative and meant for fuel efficiency. Karthik should be able to give us a detailed info on this. So a E-II baleno ECU's might have a upper hand on a E-III ECU of a swift & baleno.

And all those wanting to turbo the 1.6 block must remember that the rod/stroke ratio of the G16B is absolutely pathetic.

Pawan, I do remember BC's car. I meant a NA baleno engine in a swift to compare it with a standard swift setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
I swear to God, on all that I hold dear, I didn't know Vikram is getting a 1.6!
Looks like everyone in Bangalore is modding their cars in complete secrecy . Some say you are carrying your turbo kit in your cars boot. Is that a rumour too ?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th September 2008 at 09:32.
Old 5th September 2008, 17:27   #58
BHPian

Quote:

• 1st - 3.652
  • 2nd - 1.947
  • 3rd - 1.397
  • 4th - 1.0
  • 5th - 0.795
  • reverse - 3.67
final drive - 5.125:

Baleno's gear ratios:
  • 1st - 3.652
  • 2nd - 1.947
  • 3rd - 1.397
  • 4th - 1.0
  • 5th - 0.795
  • FD - 5.125
Need to check these ratios once again.

And all those wanting to turbo the 1.6 block must remember that the rod/stroke ratio of the G16B is absolutely pathetic.
?
Ratios seems to be identical?

But......need to verify again the gear ratios & final drive. if its same, its kinda defeats the purpose of using swift gearbox with baleno bottom half.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 5th September 2008 at 17:28.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not buying into this rod/stroke ratio thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Looks like everyone in Bangalore is modding their cars in complete secrecy . Some say you are carrying your turbo kit in your cars boot. Is that a rumour too ?
No no, that's true. I'm General Neo II! Actually, it was being carried in the car a few days as I was shifting house. But that was like a year ago.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

final drive - 5.125:

Baleno's gear ratios:
FD - 5.125
WHAAAAAT?! 5.125 final drive?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks