Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 19:52   #1

Nippon Central Locking

My INDICA DLG Turbo has been installed with Nippon remote central locking. The manual refers about a push button and LEDs which are supposed to glow incase of various functions. But i cant find the button or the leds. Well we should address this feature of the car as it is installed with the packaged deal.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

If the manual is common for different models of Nippon's central locking & your model is the one without lights, then sucha thing would happen. Please check the manual & confirm this.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:12   #3

The leds and the programming switch is common to all the models( three) ie NCS 5555/6666/7777. mine is NCS 6666. The manual shows flashing led, remote control, Valet switch and the Main control module as the four components, but i cant find any of them but the remote which i use
Old 29th February 2008, 20:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

I did not get it. Your manual shows those LEDs to be present on the remote along with the buttons? And are you saying that your remote does not have any buttons or LEDs?

See, the chances are that the LEDs are present on the CU which is probably stowed away under the dash... most probably under the steering column where there is a cubby hole. The whole plastic thing can be taken off and that is the normal hiding place for the CU of central locking systems. So check that CU. It will most probably have the LEDs.

About the buttons, like the Valet mode switch, they have to be there on the remote. I am yet to see one without buttons.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:37   #5

Thanks Za... , but the Flashing led is a separate componenta as shown in the manual.
Even the valet switch is like a push button switch but definitely not the three buttons on the remote which are for lock, unlock and the mute/panic buttons.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

The flashing LED is a seperate piece which is usually pated on the dashboard.Tis will be blinking all the time.It should be pasted somewhere under your dashboard with a plastic circular mould.
I am not sure of the valet switch.It should be some thing like the keypad lock in mobile phones,i belive.
RAM
Old 29th February 2008, 23:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

This push button you are referring to is normally fitted on the dashboard and it is the LED that doubles up as the push button. My Esteem has this button on the lower portion of the dashboard facing the driver's seat which also houses room for additional switches to be installed for other purposes such as fog lamps etc.
Old 3rd March 2008, 21:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have the nippon security system which was factory fitted in my limited edition esteem.

Recently the alarm started going off when the car was parked (for the night) after driving in rainy conditions. The center roof mounted light also was glowing (while in the center position - door ajar indication).

After racking my brains on what the issue could be (I couldnt figure out ; maruti technician also gave up) i deactivated the security system by pressing the dashboard switch / remote keys. Now only the engine immobilizer works. The body sensor does not work. The alarm does not trigger when opened with the key and even when i open the doors with the key and try and crank the engine there is no alarm (engine of course doesnt crank as it is immobilized).

I tried to contact the nippon service station numbers (chennai) but all their numbers are disconnected. No info on their new numbers too. Not able to find their website (if they have one) or any manuals i can download.

My remote has 2 buttons. Can anyone help me in reactivating the feature that i had before? Body sensor, etc.

P.S. the doors are programmed to lock automatically once the key is removed from the fob and doors are opened and subsequently closed. This function is still working.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd March 2008 at 21:48.
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

aditya, get the wiring for the door switches checked or replace any faulty door switch.
Old 3rd March 2008, 23:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

aditya, Nippon has its service center somewhere in the Kilpauk area. Why not hunt them down ?
Old 27th March 2008, 19:37   #11
BHPian

the valet switch and the led are to be fixed by the installer somewhere in the drivers proximity... if these are not visible to you.. betta ask your installer to fix them... these guys are usually reluctant to give you access to it... in my alto, they had not even installed the door, boot and trunk switches... when i read in the manual and found them unprotected, i followed up with them to get it installed..

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (betta = better, dat = that, etc), and please use proper punctuation instead...of...typing..with...dots..like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2008 at 22:59. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 30th March 2008, 22:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

In my swift (with a Nippon security system i.e., MGA), the valet switch is on the dashboard, on the right hand side below the steering wheel. The valet swit itself has the LED built into it. This in combination with the remote buttons can be used to activate/deactivate/program the different functions of the security system.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:21   #13
BHPian

The Nippon security sys. in our Esteem has a remote which has 3 buttons, lock, unlock, and the panic.The valet switch along with the LED is located on the right side below the steering wheel where there are switches for fog lamps, demister etc.
The Valet switch of your system must be somewhere on the dashboard.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have the nippon security system which was factory fitted in my limited edition esteem.

Recently the alarm started going off when the car was parked (for the night) after driving in rainy conditions. The center roof mounted light also was glowing (while in the center position - door ajar indication).

After racking my brains on what the issue could be (I couldnt figure out ; maruti technician also gave up) i deactivated the security system by pressing the dashboard switch / remote keys. Now only the engine immobilizer works. The body sensor does not work. The alarm does not trigger when opened with the key and even when i open the doors with the key and try and crank the engine there is no alarm (engine of course doesnt crank as it is immobilized).

I tried to contact the nippon service station numbers (chennai) but all their numbers are disconnected. No info on their new numbers too. Not able to find their website (if they have one) or any manuals i can download.

My remote has 2 buttons. Can anyone help me in reactivating the feature that i had before? Body sensor, etc.

P.S. the doors are programmed to lock automatically once the key is removed from the fob and doors are opened and subsequently closed. This function is still working.
Hi Adithya,

i too had the same problem, but rectified it by Nippon Service in Kilpauk, Chennai.

They are not only doing the remote lock servicing but also all nippon products like stereos etc.

The place is near the Das praskash hotel, while going from Central station in Poonamallee high road, u have das prakash hotel in the left, just before the hotel take left turn, go 100 mtrs and u will find nippon service center on the left hand side.

Kumar
Old 18th July 2008, 10:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Security wise benefit of central locking

Hi guys
how will a central locking feature benefit security wise.Will having a central
locking gurantee that the door can't be opened without the key or the remote or it
is just a convenience feature.
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks