Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 17:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

[quote=sunishsamuel;772608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
sunishsamuel, my suggestion would be Free Flow Exhaust with tuned 4X2X1 Headers, and performance air filters.

Anyone tried this? Well i know an elephant cannot be turbocharged but still thinking of something that can satisfy me till i sell this off. Do we get performance air filters that can fit the existing box or need to do some mods?

I am not sure if Safari comes with a ECU or something i can add to the existing stock setup. Please advise.
i dont think making 4x2x1 headers will be very easy for a safari since its turboed. try a green storm air filter.
Old 26th March 2008, 20:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My TASS says that the Sumo Victa Turbo with the same engine has one.
Is there a new model I do not know off???? as far as I know the sumo victa has mechanical injection system even the new DI.... they are trying to fool people...
Old 26th March 2008, 20:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
try a green storm air filter.
Off topic, but, howz the suction noise with the greenstorm on the innova? Is it like too loud?
Old 27th March 2008, 06:01   #19
BHPian

Hi,
I do not know what is TCIC, but if refers to the 2 liter turbo diesel engine, well, a lot can be done!
On my TL I just replace original paper filter with Finner filter, fit the same box but gives you much much better performance and not noise increase.
Next step is my exhaust, I'm going to get rid of catalyst, and build a much more free muffler. Then once this is done I'll start to work on turbo, but this must be done together with the injection pump. Increasing just the turbo pressure will not get too much and will also increase the operating temperature of the engine. A lot can be done to Mico (Bosch ve) pump. It is possible also on those engine equipped with lucas pump, but I do not know too much about...

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 27th March 2008, 06:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Might be since Sumo was a later model. The TCIC Safari that I've is sans the ECU. You may like to check with your TASS about this..

Quote:
My TASS says that the Sumo Victa Turbo with the same engine has one.
Old 27th March 2008, 06:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

If you remove the catalyst, then what about emission control? As it is, the 2.0L Safari finds it pretty difficult to pass the emission test; with the catcon removed it may have to be kept in the garage and taken out only in the dead of the night..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Hi,
I do not know what is TCIC, but if refers to the 2 liter turbo diesel engine, well, a lot can be done!
On my TL I just replace original paper filter with Finner filter, fit the same box but gives you much much better performance and not noise increase.
Next step is my exhaust, I'm going to get rid of catalyst, and build a much more free muffler. Then once this is done I'll start to work on turbo, but this must be done together with the injection pump. Increasing just the turbo pressure will not get too much and will also increase the operating temperature of the engine. A lot can be done to Mico (Bosch ve) pump. It is possible also on those engine equipped with lucas pump, but I do not know too much about...

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio

Last edited by gd1418 : 27th March 2008 at 06:25.
Old 27th March 2008, 06:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If you remove the catalyst, then what about emission control? As it is, the 2.0L Safari finds it pretty difficult to pass the emission test; with the catcon removed it may have to be kept in the garage and taken out only in the dead of the night..
well, is not 100% true! A lot friends from Tataclub Italia did the mod, with a proper balancing of turbo and pump, you can get almoust similar emission of my euro2 engine. Been 10 years old, the tollerance of smokes is not that bad. Some of the friends pass already MOT without trouble...

Ciao!
Old 27th March 2008, 08:09   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Off topic, but, howz the suction noise with the greenstorm on the innova? Is it like too loud?
im using a stock replacement at the moment. but when i had the green storm and the pipe was connected in the normal hole it was irritatingly loud. but when it was near the grill the noise was much less. with the stock replacement the noise is barely noticeable and with no perceivable drop in performance.
Old 27th March 2008, 08:24   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ignazio : I do not know what is TCIC, but if refers to the 2 liter turbo diesel engine, well, a lot can be done!
TCIC here refers to the Turbo Charged Inter-Cooled 2.0L engine.
Quote:
Ignazio : On my TL I just replace original paper filter with Finner filter, fit the same box but gives you much much better performance and not noise increase.
Can you pls post more details of this filter ?
Quote:
Ignazio : A lot can be done to Mico (Bosch ve) pump. It is possible also on those engine equipped with lucas pump, but I do not know too much about...
Could you pls give us more details on this - I am intrested more in the Lucas pump.

TIA !
Old 27th March 2008, 09:32   #25
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

GD - My Truck (a 05 Model) never came with a Catalytic Convertor.... This i beleive is something unique to Tata Engines equipped with a Mico-Bosch FIP...

Also the throttle response and NVH is better with a Mico FIP... The Lucas One's make a hell lot of Noise ....
Old 27th March 2008, 10:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then once this is done I'll start to work on turbo, but this must be done together with the injection pump. Increasing just the turbo pressure will not get too much and will also increase the operating temperature of the engine. ...
how about keeping the Turbo thingy aside, its too complicated.

how about the Intercooler, I heard some of the earlier fighter planes had a water reserve, with which cold water can be sprinkled on the IC, thereby increasing the amount air intake. I think this kind of facility is/was there in a scooby / skyline. Btw, was this method used for running the engine with colder air or increasing the power??

Is it feasible? Also to cool the water, route it through the Aircon ducts. Easier said than done. Anybody tried this.

"just throwing some stones in the dark."

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 27th March 2008 at 10:26.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:33   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SUV : GD - My Truck (a 05 Model) never came with a Catalytic Convertor.... This i beleive is something unique to Tata Engines equipped with a Mico-Bosch FIP...
@SUV, do re-check. My truck is a 2005 baby, TCIC, and has a Cat-Con. FIP is Lucas, though. I dont think a MICO FIP will make the Cat-Con redundant.
Old 27th March 2008, 12:40   #28
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
@SUV, do re-check. My truck is a 2005 baby, TCIC, and has a Cat-Con. FIP is Lucas, though. I dont think a MICO FIP will make the Cat-Con redundant.

Condor - I am positive ..... Even Tata Service confirmed the same...
Old 27th March 2008, 15:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
A lot can be done to Mico (Bosch ve) pump. It is possible also on those engine equipped with lucas pump, but I do not know too much about...

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Can you throw more light on this."?
Old 27th March 2008, 15:14   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SUV : Condor - I am positive ..... Even Tata Service confirmed the same...
@SUV, how can it be ? The FIP comes into play before combustion. The Cat-Con is acting on the exhaust gases. How can a FIP subsitute the Cat-Con action ? THere's no logic to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks