Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 20:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Whoops! Sorry typo error there!

Using internet for unofficial purpose is sort of illegal in my office so i am continuously switchin screens. Dont know where i plonked in pistons from!

Hahaha..so we have something in common(internet issues at office).

CAI is there. Got the same one as yours.

Not intending to make this a project. Its just to get a good time amoungst us friends in the Speed Run 09' if there is going to be one that is.

My next step is to get that resonator box out of the way. Ive seen that you've just cut them and they are now apart.
Should i get the bottom of the air box removed or leave it..???

FFE is next on the list sometime this month.

Was just interested in that cam since it was listed there. And it was cheap.200$.
Old 19th September 2008, 09:08   #32
BHPian

Get rid of the bottom half of the air box, as i mentioned earlier that doing so will reveal an opening in the wheel well arch which will provide cooler air from outside. Remember doing so will also create a risk of water entering from that space, so keep the filter at a good height and whenever you drive though deep waters in the rain, either temporarily cover the vent or dont rev too high as the suction will suck in water and the car will start missing badly, i have suffered this and thank God its fine after a day or so.

Get a custom piping done to smoothen the air-flow because after cutting off the resonator opening and the spring like structure at the bend near the battery creates turbulence, wont make much of a difference but just to smoothen out the air-flow.
Remember to route the pipe coming from the head into the new intake pipe. Dont kow its name technically but it is supposed to re-route the unused air in the head back into the intake....as per Ford mechanics....did'nt make much sense to me, do need a sound explanation of the same. But i guess it has something to do with pressure.

The pics that you see are with the resonator and bottom half of the air-box, they were taken just before i got the above removed, it had started to rain then so could'nt click pictures later.

I guess that is a decent price for a cam but be sure about its pros and cons like the amount of gain etc and the profile that you're ordering for, because maybe the same amount of money can be invested for more gains with other things in place.

Just my 2 cents.
Keep us updated on whatever you do!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks