Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 05:47   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
And that's enough? I agree they are more aggressive pads, and the rotors will allow for better cooling, hence better pad grip and less dust. But with the kind of power jump seen here I expected a BBK...

Suspension seems good. If drifting is your thing, then a rear sway bar will help as well...

These are still kind words

cheers:
Hawk is really good brand, being very light car i saw very good improvement from my stock setup. I want to get Endless but i could find anyone that stock it in shop around my area. I don't drift.. drifting is for people are not quick enough to drag race...
Old 15th April 2008, 07:10   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fstndn View Post
Hawk is really good brand, being very light car i saw very good improvement from my stock setup. I want to get Endless but i could find anyone that stock it in shop around my area. I don't drift.. drifting is for people are not quick enough to drag race...
I would say the Endless kit will be appropriate...
A nice 4 piston set with slotted rotors all around...

Agreed your car is light, and the Hawk pads are good...They're extremely aggressive [Great braking, bad for your rotors]
But the power output of your ride is phenominal, and the braking is definately not up to par with the stopping requirements...[You still have 1 piston floating calipers]

Just my $0.02 dude

You know your cars really well, as shown by the job you did. But I never take things like brakes or suspension lightly. It's just a safety thing...I'd rather have overkill than not enough

cheers:
DocG
Old 15th April 2008, 10:12   #63
BHPian

Hey, thats an impressive graph from an S.O.H.C block, what fuel were you running on such high boost? any plans to up the boost further?
An equal length manifold should help smooth out that curve.

Good job mate...
Old 15th April 2008, 10:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Hey, thats an impressive graph from an S.O.H.C block, what fuel were you running on such high boost? any plans to up the boost further?

Good job mate...
I was running 100 octane, i am going to try to boost up to 25psi and i was thinking about doing equal length, but i decide not to do that at this time. I think don't want to spend no more money on this project, because i am thinking about doing K series swap next with turbo.

Quote:
I would say the Endless kit will be appropriate...
A nice 4 piston set with slotted rotors all around...

Agreed your car is light, and the Hawk pads are good...They're extremely aggressive [Great braking, bad for your rotors]
But the power output of your ride is phenominal, and the braking is definately not up to par with the stopping requirements...[You still have 1 piston floating calipers]

Just my $0.02 dude

You know your cars really well, as shown by the job you did. But I never take things like brakes or suspension lightly. It's just a safety thing...I'd rather have overkill than not enough

cheers:
DocG
Safety is very important. I will probably do that when i do the k swap. K swap is going to long term thing, because i am not going to do until my wife is done with her master.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:13   #65
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Great job! Was the car finished recently? Looks like you need a little more tuning, on a T3/T4 you should be making that power at or around 1 Bar boost.
Common, you know more then that right? It all depends on the size of the turbo(all of them). T3/T4 can range from 200whp to 800+ whp, and each of those will make very different HP at 1 bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Like the dyno chart looks like a bit of tweaking left on the wastegate. Great work there Nirmal, keep us updated.
What leads you to wastegate tuning? It could be any sort of tuning or issue with the car.

Quote:
And that's enough? I agree they are more aggressive pads, and the rotors will allow for better cooling, hence better pad grip and less dust. But with the kind of power jump seen here I expected a BBK...

Suspension seems good. If drifting is your thing, then a rear sway bar will help as well...

These are still kind words

cheers:
Yes. It's a light car, and what he has said he has done should be plenty(depending on pad compound).

Quote:

Good job mate...
I'm not sure why you believe an equal length manifold will smooth out the curve? It will not. While an inefficient(horrible design)manifold will hurt things, most manifolds will do just about the same thing in the end(provide very similar results). We have tested many many different types and styles, and it's amazing how little effect they have(assuming they are of at least a minimum standard..). His is just fine, it's not flashy, but it does the job.
Old 15th April 2008, 14:44   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I'm not sure why you believe an equal length manifold will smooth out the curve? It will not. While an inefficient(horrible design)manifold will hurt things, most manifolds will do just about the same thing in the end(provide very similar results). We have tested many many different types and styles, and it's amazing how little effect they have(assuming they are of at least a minimum standard..). His is just fine, it's not flashy, but it does the job.
I said it should help, & it will...moreover the choice of manifold also depends on type of setup and amount of boost you plan to run. I myself preferred the log type manifold for my car cause that fulfills my requirement for the kind of boost i plan to run.
Old 15th April 2008, 21:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I said it should help, & it will...moreover the choice of manifold also depends on type of setup and amount of boost you plan to run. I myself preferred the log type manifold for my car cause that fulfills my requirement for the kind of boost i plan to run.
Quote:
Each turbo manifold design has purpose. From what i read and talk to few guys at fullrace.com before shopping for turbo manifold: that log manifold will spool turbo little faster then equal lenght but on top end equal will give better result on hp gain. But for smooth curve i think that's all in the tunning not manifold design.
Old 15th April 2008, 22:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Common, you know more then that right? It all depends on the size of the turbo(all of them). T3/T4 can range from 200whp to 800+ whp, and each of those will make very different HP at 1 bar.
Don't know what you mean by "you know more then that right", but he himself claimed making around the same power at 1 bar on a very old thread on Honda-Tech:
Honda-Tech.com: Honda CRX / EF Civic: Dyno my car yesterday.

I know for a fact that on a 1600 stock cammed motor, a T3/T4 57 trim compressor should be making that power at or around 1 bar (+/- 20%). Maybe I wasn't too clear about it.

But anyway, not to take anything away from his work, I was just mentioning that on the basis of what I've read.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 15th April 2008 at 22:28.
Old 15th April 2008, 23:44   #69
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
I kind of agree with what you just said, other then what you said earlier " An equal length manifold should help smooth out that curve. " which I do not agree with. While the manifold design can limit the power, help/hurt spool up etc, it all depends on what they are shooting for. It was just the smoothing comment which is/was misleading for people who have no experience to read.

Quote:
Each turbo manifold design has purpose. From what i read and talk to few guys at fullrace.com before shopping for turbo manifold: that log manifold will spool turbo little faster then equal lenght but on top end equal will give better result on hp gain. But for smooth curve i think that's all in the tunning not manifold design.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Don't know what you mean by "you know more then that right", but he himself claimed making around the same power at 1 bar on a very old thread on Honda-Tech:
Honda-Tech.com: Honda CRX / EF Civic: Dyno my car yesterday.

I know for a fact that on a 1600 stock cammed motor, a T3/T4 57 trim compressor should be making that power at or around 1 bar (+/- 20%). Maybe I wasn't too clear about it.

But anyway, not to take anything away from his work, I was just mentioning that on the basis of what I've read.
What I meant by that was, most of the time your posts are pretty correct, by saying at 1 bar your car should make xxx HP is misleading. For someone who doesn't know any better, they will take that 1 bar comment and use it as reference for someone else with a different size turbo/motor etc.. just based on "T3/T4" + "1 bar".. which is a common mistake. And I didn't see a turbo size in that H-T thread you linked..
Old 16th April 2008, 00:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What leads you to wastegate tuning? It could be any sort of tuning or issue with the car.
All I meant was that it is the elephants tail left as in the major part of the install is done.

I don't think I would be even able to comment on this remotely from here. But yes it definitely looks like a good build going on there.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

thats one of the very slickest job i have seen. chak de fatte, praji.!!
Old 16th April 2008, 00:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
thats one of the very slickest job i have seen. chak de fatte, praji.!!
Thank you, sir... i shall do that....

Quote:
What I meant by that was, most of the time your posts are pretty correct, by saying at 1 bar your car should make xxx HP is misleading. For someone who doesn't know any better, they will take that 1 bar comment and use it as reference for someone else with a different size turbo/motor etc.. just based on "T3/T4" + "1 bar".. which is a common mistake. And I didn't see a turbo size in that H-T thread you linked..
By the way that my old setup... that was non-vtec motor d16a6 with high compression 10 to 1, it was tune using 110 octane at 17psi using T04b turbo from turbonetics. I just found out last week that the dyno was off about 40 to 50 HP depending on the car on the dyno. The owner had dynojet person come out fix it. On that setup i was probably make around 290hp. The setup i am right now is good up to 400 to 425hp at the wheels. I am trying to figure out what going on with my motor because i should be making lot more power. This motor is low comperssion so that y i have to boost alot higher..
Old 16th April 2008, 01:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

if you dont mind me asking, how much does all this cost all inclusive of the parts, suspension, brakes, exhaust, labor, tuning, dyno sessions, etc. ?
Old 16th April 2008, 01:22   #74
BHPian

hi

yeah Nirmal,
We just added up like 50 horses with a t3/t4 we were expecting much higher like in highs of 300 or lows of 400...but still tunning is going on lets see...for the time being we r just trying to make the graph a little bit more smoother .

Archer
Old 16th April 2008, 05:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By the way that my old setup... that was non-vtec motor d16a6 with high compression 10 to 1, it was tune using 110 octane at 17psi using T04b turbo from turbonetics. I just found out last week that the dyno was off about 40 to 50 HP depending on the car on the dyno. The owner had dynojet person come out fix it. On that setup i was probably make around 290hp. The setup i am right now is good up to 400 to 425hp at the wheels. I am trying to figure out what going on with my motor because i should be making lot more power. This motor is low comperssion so that y i have to boost alot higher..
Ah, that makes sense now. I'll be going either with dynapack or superflow when I do my car this summer. Can't trust a dyno whose sales literature literally states "we give out high numbers" .

Quote:
I kinda share your sentiment on that. When one looks at different compressor maps it becomes clear that boost pressure has little to do with HP if you're doing an apples-to-oranges comparison, ie. different sized compressors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks