Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 14:30   #31
BHPian

Very neat execution, I am sure the car is as fast as it looks. Could we have some better pics of the installation please. Thank you.
Old 29th April 2008, 14:37   #32
BHPian

7.xx secs with 6 psi is pretty good!! How much did the entire install cost?
Old 29th April 2008, 15:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ah, another legend in the making. Beautiful car, nice install too. Congrats to the 3rd generation.

Must drop by sometime soon and see this.
Old 29th April 2008, 18:09   #34
BHPian

Great to see the Jayram projects on board. That Civic looks clean and will, expectedly, go like stink once the tune is complete.

Slightly OT : That is the most organised tool board I have seen this side of the planet. Says a lot about the tuner.
Old 29th April 2008, 20:25   #35
BHPian

@GTO,mclaren1885,v1p3r and others first of thanks for the comments...

@mclaren will bring all the four cars to the track once we are done with the work...i promise. 2 cars are done, one in the works and another almost done.

So many queries, i will try to answer them....
@1fstndn
There is no dyno within 300kms of blore..so tuning restricted to the streets only! Will put it on the rollers when we go next time to Cbe.

@ST7677
The turbo starts spooling by 2800rpm and builds up 6psi by 3.7k and holds it till redline.
Fuel using HP power..not even using speed..
Its setup to run very reliably in the street and is not tuned for outright power as this is the (ONLY) moderately sedate and drivable car in the house.!.. Otherwise i/we need to look for a new house and family.!
Got enough ign retard to run std gas.

A cat. can be added but only in form of a catback muffler.Vtec engagement has not been tampered with...same as std
Can't realy comment on the bhp figures....i estimate to be around 190ish....honestly speaking did not build this car for that...only reason we turboed it was give some oomph to match the looks and to make the boring drive a bit more interesting

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 29th April 2008 at 20:28.
Old 29th April 2008, 21:27   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo View Post

So many queries, i will try to answer them....
@1fstndn
There is no dyno within 300kms of blore..so tuning restricted to the streets only! Will put it on the rollers when we go next time to Cbe.
Good luck and happy tunning. Tunning could be funny or pain in the rear.
Old 29th April 2008, 22:16   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

At this rate, TC cars will outnumber NA cars in Bangalore ! Nice, clean install.
Old 29th April 2008, 22:31   #38
BHPian

Congrats on the Build... i have a small query.
Is the AEM used only for fueling? and/or is the stock ecu present & working in coordination with AEM? I mean is AEM working as a piggy back ECU? or have you completely removed the stock ECU & running a fully standalone EMS from AEM?
Old 30th April 2008, 08:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
this is the (ONLY) moderately sedate and drivable car in the house.!..
What about the Reva, or do you not consider that a car??

BTW i saw the car pass by the other day with a whitish band/tape/ribbon across the car, what was that??
Old 30th April 2008, 10:05   #40
BHPian

The stock ecu is present & does the vtec,displays speed, warm up enrichment etc(using o2 1 and maf)...But it is fooled by the piggy back ecu into thinking fueling needs no correction....So the AEM does the fueling and ignition(using o2 2 and map)....on its own and not using the base values from the stock ecu...

@PiranhaBoy...The reva is not present the whole day...dad takes it to work...besides 3 people can't fit in it in comfort.

The white band on rhs is masking tape to prevent the door from getting scratched while working on the car....cause its opend and closed like a hundred times a day. On the Lhs its the usb wire from the AEM to laptop used for tuning.
Old 30th April 2008, 11:39   #41
BHPian

but what about VTC functions during boost? is it left to stock ECU or are there any tweaking options in AEM for that.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 30th April 2008 at 11:40.
Old 30th April 2008, 13:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
but what about VTC functions during boost? is it left to stock ECU or are there any tweaking options in AEM for that.
VTC..? Are u referring to vtec.If so AEM does have provision to adj the range. Or even completely turn it off.

Currently the stock ecu does the vtec bit...haven't started tweaking the vtec function with the AEM.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
VTC..? Are u referring to vtec.If so AEM does have provision to adj the range. Or even completely turn it off.

Currently the stock ecu does the vtec bit...haven't started tweaking the vtec function with the AEM.
Actually that i-vtec thing is confusing on R18 engine, i-vtec is known as combination of VTEC+VTC as described by Honda but that does not apply to SOHC R18 engine since its a single cam,VTC on sohc cam will not result in overlap as it will effect both intake & Exhaust valves. but with a DOHC Motor like a k20a VTC is on intake cam.

VTC is not present on R18.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 30th April 2008 at 14:27. Reason: spellchk
Old 30th April 2008, 14:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice...! Love those Bangy DIY guys...!

BTW, we'd like some specs, puh-lease...

Oil temps, EGT's through the rev-range, oil pressures, etc...any leakage issues? What's the wideband say? AFR through revrange? Kitna IAT being maintained? Since the intercooler's on the front, about 1/3rd of the radiator's blocked for airflow, as I see....so, open thermostat, or....
Old 30th April 2008, 16:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The stock ecu is present & does the vtec,displays speed, warm up enrichment etc(using o2 1 and maf)...But it is fooled by the piggy back ecu into thinking fueling needs no correction....So the AEM does the fueling and ignition(using o2 2 and map)....on its own and not using the base values from the stock ecu...

@PiranhaBoy...The reva is not present the whole day...dad takes it to work...besides 3 people can't fit in it in comfort.

The white band on rhs is masking tape to prevent the door from getting scratched while working on the car....cause its opend and closed like a hundred times a day. On the Lhs its the usb wire from the AEM to laptop used for tuning.
Thanks for the info!! anyway next time i see you, il call you!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks