Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 14:32   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Heyy guys hang on,

I have nothing against re-maps. I am reporting what I have heard, both off and on this forum.

Considering the responses to my query here and, noting that the dealer too confirmed that it was not troublesome. I went in for the fail safe and reversible Pete's tuning box. This decision was pushed along by my limited knowledge of electronics and computers, all I know is that computers hang very often, eg. when a new peripheral is added or, most frustratingly after an 'update' - which is supposed to solve problems!

Cheers,
Well, its not an arguement about Tuning Box vs Remaps. I am using the box on my Octavia and am pretty happy with it. Just wanted to put the other side of the story on remaps. I do not think remaps should or would hamper any electrical system.

Last week, I have got my vRS remapped to stage II and am very very happy with it.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:01   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I don't know in what context is he saying that they give electrical problems. I have been using a remap since last 21000kms and not faced any issue as yet. There are many options available for remaps depends which one does what. I have had custom code, and not faced any issue.
Recently I made just changes to my intake system with customized 3 inch intake and green storm filter, upgraded the downpipe and removed the cat. Must say the car has become more lively. Zero turbo lag. Feels like a petrol car now. It just shoots to 140. I can say the difference is atleast 15% or so.

Good to know that you enjoying your new added power. If driven in a sedate manner you will definately notice increase in mileage. But, don't forget to clean the filter every 2500kms for optimum result. As it gets choked pretty early which means it works at its best what filters are meant to do, filtration.

Cheers!
when you removed your cat didn't your "check engine" light come on?
Old 14th April 2009, 19:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Cat based CELs can be dealt with using O2 Sensor CEL Eliminators. I'm guessing he did something like that.
Old 15th April 2009, 01:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diven_b View Post
when you removed your cat didn't your "check engine" light come on?
There ain't any O2 sensor either before cat or after cat. Most diesel cars don't come with any O2 sensors. I have changed the downpipe and removed the cat keeping the stock silencer. No engine check light, infact after this spoke to the Senior Advisor at Skoda workshop and after which drove it and was amazed with the result. With decat there is less back pressure which results in better turbo spool up hence reduces lag, also helps in increasing life of turbo. No issue with warranty either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks