Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 12:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Feedback needed on Skoda Remap!

Hi, am planning to get my fabia 1.4pd remapped by custom code.
1. Wanted to check if there's anyone who has remapped his fabia, octavia, laura diesel?

2. Did they face any trouble by skoda guys or were they able to know using the diagnostic that the car has been remapped?

3. My only concern is will the skoda service guys be to know immediately that the car has been remapped once they put it on the diagnostic?

4. Is there a lot of difference between remap compared to the pete tuning box ?

5. Has anyone faced technical trouble with the engine and its sensors after the remap?

Spoke to Mr.Peter, he advised to go in for a remap for the fabia instead of the tuning box. Said the low end torque would be much better in a remap then the tuning box.
Can the tuning box be reprogramed to be used to any other car incase in future you sell your car ?

Any input by the actual users will be helpful.

Thanks,

MODS need to decide on this really soon and also did lot of search but couldn't find the answer to the above queries so had to come up with new thread for the same.
Old 7th June 2008, 18:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Many Guys do get their octavias and laura's tuned( usually pete's box is used). In petrols however, custom code remap is done

2. Usually the skoda peoples do not get to know about it. If going for pete's box, it can be removed before sending for servicing.

3. Dont think so

4. Maybe just a difference in torque. Not a significant, but yes some difference is there

5. No, my friend had installed one and hasnt faced a problem yet.

I Dont think so that the box can be reprogrammed to suit other cars. But you will have to ask Mr Pete for the same
Old 7th June 2008, 19:06   #3

get the remap done. just gave my car for service last month. told them the car was remapped as well as an aftermarket air filter. they didnt bother about anything and all they said was "why would you loose your warrenty?????
just go get it done dude, completely safe and trust me your car will rock.
Old 7th June 2008, 23:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Brett which workshop was this ? If they din't bother much with it will be great, would prefer giving it there for service. Is your car still under warranty? I guess they din't bother coz you din't have any fault or problems related to ECU. What happens if you ever do get problems and they deny to fix it under warranty since its remapped.
Just have these doubts in my mind.

Also, wanted to know how good are the phillips HID kit compared to the taiwan made? Is it worth going for the phillips HID kit? I have the elegance model which comes with projector headlamp. Any Clue on this ?

And Brett can you pls PM your contact details I remember you telling me that I can audition the Hertz speakers you have. It'll be great help if we can catch up sometime. Thanks.
Old 7th June 2008, 23:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Guys was just going through the custom-code website and came across with something where they mentioned the Pd Tdi cars can have upto 3 programs. If this is possible with our cars too it would be treat to have no need to worry about warranty issues. Any clue on this?
Here it is :

Switchable Technology for PD TDI Remaps Custom Code go one step further, again, with the launch of Switchable remaps for the PD TDI range.
You can now switch between up to three programs using VAG-COM software and either a USB or Serial VAG-COM lead.
By Default, you will have Stock and Performance programs, but for an extra fee, an additional third map can be installed.
Choices for the third map can range from economy to race and every state of tune between, for example a High Torque towing program.
Please call Custom Code HQ for more details.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:08   #6
BHPian

Ok according to my calculations if skoda sells a 1000cars then 9600 of them gets remapped why?
Old 8th June 2008, 01:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Godspeed View Post
Ok according to my calculations if skoda sells a 1000cars then 9600 of them gets remapped why?
That is quite a number.

Can you please link to sources?
Old 8th June 2008, 08:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
1. Wanted to check if there's anyone who has remapped his fabia, octavia, laura diesel?

2. Did they face any trouble by skoda guys or were they able to know using the diagnostic that the car has been remapped?

3. My only concern is will the skoda service guys be to know immediately that the car has been remapped once they put it on the diagnostic?

5. Has anyone faced technical trouble with the engine and its sensors after the remap?

Spoke to Mr.Peter, he advised to go in for a remap for the fabia instead of the tuning box. Said the low end torque would be much better in a remap then the tuning box.
Can the tuning box be reprogramed to be used to any other car incase in future you sell your car ?

Thanks,

MODS need to decide on this really soon and also did lot of search but couldn't find the answer to the above queries so had to come up with new thread for the same.
3) The car will loose warranty BEWARE ! Custom code has no hiding mechanism unlike some remaps like revotechnik. If you have plans do it after the warranty expires. This is my view and also the fact.
4)Yes there will be lot of difference as peter sais.
5)There might be some troubles, but you wanted more power didnt you.

Mainly tuning boxes are only 4-5 types for 3000 different engines, but marketers and sellers say swift box, skoda box etc...If your tuning box lies under same engine types it can be used. I mean NO you cant tune a tuning box. It usually depends on the fuel pump your car uses and thats the technical secret petes or any one hides.

Last edited by west : 8th June 2008 at 08:28.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have been running a re-mapped Octavia 1.9 TDi for almost a year now. It drives like a dream, gives great mileage, the guys at the W/shop really did not figure out or even if they did, never asked me.

But doing a re-map on a brand new car ?? Check with Peter at turboindia, he will be the best person to guide you.

My take on this is that the diesels that Skoda is selling are VERY GOOD, you will never run into issues with the engine per say, so warranty is notional, but if you burn your clutch then the Skoda dealer may tell you it's because you have higher torque et al..

One thing is for sure - the remap takes your car to another level

Your call

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 9th June 2008 at 10:27.
Old 18th June 2008, 16:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post

Thanks,

Hey guy,

I have retuned a Fabia as well as my Laura for myself as well as to show my customers..

The remaps are visible on the VAS (Volkswagen Audi Software) 5051/5052B..

The custom codes etc do void warranty as the ECU in the car is receiving false signals.. The engine is built like a tank so no, there will be no significant engine damage (Unless you red line the car every time you drive), but if say the clutch fails, then yes your warranty will be voided. Since the remaps are a violation of the warranty.

Also, check my post with the pics of my retuned laura. What I have basically done is get the optimum settings for the VRS cars in the UK through Skoda and used them into my Fabia as well as Laura. This way, I have got a power increase of 35 BHP bringing the total available power to 103 Bhp and the torque has been increased by 45NM in the Fabia.

True VRS spec cars in the Uk also use a different exhaust system which gives them an additional 15-20BHP. I did not increase the power too much due to the poorer quality diesel we get in India.

All the work done in both the cars do not void warranty as the ECU is not constantly misguided and also give a more pleasurable driving experiance. (FYI: My laura beats the hell out of most petrol cars including the accord V6s).
Old 6th August 2008, 01:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Finally Fabia Remapped ;)

Having completed 4800 kms in 45 days thought it was time to get my car on steriods. So decided on getting it done last week. Spoke to Peter about it. And finally choose to get it done last saturday but could't make it due some reasons. Finally, today evening called up at Four Seasons and decided to go ahead with it. Reached there by 5.30 and immediately got things started. They din't have the file that was compatable with my ECU so had to wait for 45 mins or so and finally got the file. And it was swapped immediately.
Now, the intial drive we took was about normal. Now comes the fun part.
Once we got the open streach we went ahead and floored the pedal and in no time the car was doing 100-110kms. It feels like a complete new car. the torque is really addictive and the car now moves strongly. I feel better then the verna diesel. Haven't really got the chance to time it. It feels much much smoother to drive now and the power stays there all the way till 5000rpm where i touched little above 80 in 2nd gear. On my way back got an open streach and floored the pedal and in no time the car was doing 140. All this without replacing the stock filter with green fitler, which am expecting in couple of days and am sure it would make it all the more smoother. So far no issues but feel it is going to have a toll on my fuel efficiency. So far was getting 14-15km/l in city driving. Let's whats the best I would be getting now.
Leaving for nasik in the morning for a trip. And am sure it gonna be a trip where I would really get to use to potential of it. Mine being the 1st remapped FABIA couldn't get much feedback. But, after having talks with Peter no of times was sure that its gonna be worth it. And am gonna get to test the true worth of it tommorow.
Will post detail review on this soon. Watch out.
Would like to thank Peter at Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited for all his support and patience to answer all my queries and to four seasons.
Cheers !
Old 6th August 2008, 08:11   #12
rippergeo

Congrats on the fabia remap!
its good that you have found a dealership that wont hassle you

Old 6th August 2008, 15:20   #13
BHPian

Is there a remap for Elantra CRdi engines? or is it only limited to skoda engines?
Old 6th August 2008, 15:30   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Is there a remap for Elantra CRdi engines? or is it only limited to skoda engines?
i think only skodas, audis, and volkwagens are offered by petes. for the elantra there is only the tuning box.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:39   #15
BHPian

I know peter is not doing remaps for elantra crdi engines, but would like to know if any one does it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks